HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    As a "member" of the LGBT community i can whole heartedly say that is a load of crap. You're saying that Transsexualism can be cured with "mental" help? Just as being homosexual can be cured can it?
    Homosexuality if far different to transsexualism, homosexuality is a phsyical fact whereas wanting to become a man or a woman is not. I'm also speaking as a member fo that 'community'.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser
    No and that's ENTIRELY DIFFERENT because again, there's no suicide leading teeth hating disorders out there certainly not like gender disorders.
    But you are justifying it with the excuse of depression, so I ask again; if I want a new set of teeth because my teeth are genuinely depressing me, do you think it is justified in giving me a new set of teeth at the expense of the taxpayer?

Its a yes or no question.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 01-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Homosexuality if far different to transsexualism, homosexuality is a phsyical fact whereas wanting to become a man or a woman is not. I'm also speaking as a member fo that 'community'.
    How is it a solid physical fact when both desires are fueled by subjective feelings and preferences. You can elaborate onto this to say they're also both a desire to live a certain lifestyle too and all retains to the same topics, partners, sexual activity.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

How is homosexuality a 'physical' fact? They have FEELINGS for the same sex. People who want a sex change have to go through all sorts of interviews and it takes a very long time and again they have FEELINGS that they should not be the gender they were born as.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    How is it a solid physical fact when both desires are fueled by subjective feelings and preferences. You can elaborate onto this to say they're also both a desire to live a certain lifestyle too and all retains to the same topics, partners, sexual activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    How is homosexuality a 'physical' fact? They have FEELINGS for the same sex. People who want a sex change have to go through all sorts of interviews and it takes a very long time and again they have FEELINGS that they should not be the gender they were born as.
    Because homosexuality is unchangable, it is fact - the idea of 'changing sex' is not a real one, as you cannot change the sex you are just as you cannot change your sexuality. Homosexuality is a fact, as is the fact that you are born a male and will always be a male (the same with females).

The idea or longing of 'being the wrong sex' is a mental one, just as many homosexuals feel they 'should be straight'.

So again we come back to depression/feelings - so I ask again, what about people who are not happy with their bodies/the way they look?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 01-01-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Because homosexuality is unchangable, it is fact - the idea of 'changing sex' is not a real one, as you cannot change the sex you are just as you cannot change your sexuality. Homosexuality is a fact, as is the fact that you are born a male and will always be a male (the same with females).

So again we come back to depression/feelings - so I ask again, what about people who are not happy with their bodies/the way they look?

Totally uninformed and prejudiced opinion, there, Dan. You are now saying that people who feel they are in the wrong bodies are dismorphic which is an entirely different health issue.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 01-01-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

The idea or longing of 'being the wrong sex' is a mental one, just as many homosexuals feel they 'should be straight'.

No it's not a fact. People's sexual desires, and desires for a partner change frequently throughout your life. Obviously some people know they're attracted to other males or other females from almost the beginning, but the same with gender disorders some children feel they're not the correct gender for them from an incredibly young age.

Don't mix facts up with your opinions!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Totally uninformed and prejudiced opinion, there, Dan.
    Whats prejudiced about it? i'm giving you fact that you cannot change from the sex you were born no matter how many hormones you take, no matter what you have removed/added - the very fact they [transsexuals] have to take hormones for the rest of their days should make it very clear to you that they are and always will remain as what they were born as.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    No it's not a fact. People's sexual desires, and desires for a partner change frequently throughout your life. Obviously some people know they're attracted to other males or other females from almost the beginning, but the same with gender disorders some children feel they're not the correct gender for them from an incredibly young age.

Don't mix facts up with your opinions!
    But it is fact, like the fact (sorry to be blunt) that I get an erection when I think of/see sexual images I like/am attracted to.

That is fact, thinking i'm a woman inside on the other hand is a figment of my desire/imagination, the same way some people genuinely believe they are Jesus Christ reborn and sent down to Earth - it does not mean they are.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 01-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Whats prejudiced about it? i'm giving you fact that you cannot change from the sex you were born no matter how many hormones you take, no matter what you have removed/added - the very fact they [transsexuals] have to take hormones for the rest of their days should make it very clear to you that they are and always will remain as what they were born as.

But it is fact, like the fact (sorry to be blunt) that I get an erection when I think of/see sexual images I like/am attracted to.

That is fact, thinking i'm a woman inside on the other hand is a figment of my desire/imagination.
    Being a male who thinks of themselves -as a female- engaging in sexual activity with males who is aroused and who gets an erection at those thoughts should also validate that is a fact by your odd definition of a fact then.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hmmm, tough situation. A birth defect is a justified reason to have surgery, as it could come down as necessity, but changing sex doesn't quite ring out as a necessity or a luxury. It depends on their physical state really, if they were unbelievably uncomfortable, like their mind was saying one thing but their body was saying another, then it's possibly justified, but wanting to be a different gender should probably be down to the individual paying for all the costs, not the hospital/Government/tax payer. From the article, it seems like a sob story down to mental ill-health, so operating is possibly the wrong way to go about it if her mind isn't quite with it. You can live with any gender, it's not like she was born male and had a painful life as one where her body started to physically change into a woman when she hit puberty in some sort of science fiction story, but it depends if she had any sort of tests done - things could of been skin deep or deeply psychological. But that's beyond the article. She deserved to win the legal battle which is the main focus it seems of the article - if the hospital allowed for her to be operated on, then they should of carried it on to the end, rather than leave the job half finished.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

That is fact, thinking i'm a woman inside on the other hand is a figment of my desire/imagination, the same way some people genuinely believe they are Jesus Christ reborn and sent down to Earth - it does not mean they are.
    It is prejudiced because transgender people are recognised in law and can now change their birth certificates and become the sex they desire. I am assuming then that ordinary men and woman who also require hormone treatment for conditions they have are the same as far as you are concerned then?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast