HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Memory help!

Tokens

Default Memory help!

I'm taking my Sociology AS exam next week but there are just a bulk of things that I need to remember but I can't. I can handle things such as the key terms and concepts but when it comes to statistics and sociologists I just struggle. I there a specific method to remember things easily because I can't think of one.

Thanks |-)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I saw a thread somewhere the other day about this and what people normally do is write it on sticky notes and just stick it around the house. Or people make it into keyrings or put it on card so when your say on the bus, you can just get it out and read it.

However, the method I used to remember things cos I have a bit of an acting background, I recorded my script onto my phone and when ever I was doing something like washing up, I would just stick the earphones in and listen to it over and over again until it sunk in, I also played it whenever I was in a car or say on the bus.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My teacher always used to give examples to prove the sociologist's viewpoint. When I revised, I always remembered the example first then tried to remember the name of the concept. This meant that in an essay even though I didn't remember the name of the sociologist I'd be able to talk about it. Sometimes the name would come to me too. So yeah I worked backwards from example > concept > name as my revision although different things work for different people

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Write everything on tissues and then take the packet in, and when you need a hint, pretend to sneeze and BAM, take a tissue out and take a sneaky peak.
    Alexandra!

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousity, View Post
    My teacher always used to give examples to prove the sociologist's viewpoint. When I revised, I always remembered the example first then tried to remember the name of the concept. This meant that in an essay even though I didn't remember the name of the sociologist I'd be able to talk about it. Sometimes the name would come to me too. So yeah I worked backwards from example > concept > name as my revision although different things work for different people
    I like the idea and it will be useful when in my exam, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaChapman View Post
    Well I saw a thread somewhere the other day about this and what people normally do is write it on sticky notes and just stick it around the house. Or people make it into keyrings or put it on card so when your say on the bus, you can just get it out and read it.

However, the method I used to remember things cos I have a bit of an acting background, I recorded my script onto my phone and when ever I was doing something like washing up, I would just stick the earphones in and listen to it over and over again until it sunk in, I also played it whenever I was in a car or say on the bus.
    I've tried the idea of using sticky notes but it becomes a bit frustrating and annoying sometimes. I do like the idea of recording and listening though! I'll definitely give that a try.