HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro or Rat

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think calling someone a 'chav' because they have a modified car is ridiculous - i have a friend with a modified punto (lowered, abarth skirts + alloys, hid's etc) and he's not chavvy in the slightest, he's got that "skater" style and is really into bmx'ing.

and tbh, i like the rat look forced or otherwise, i love that rover

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

No it very much is chav and is certainly a key element in their sub-culture.

It is moronic to spend £1000's on modifying a car so it is worse in terms of performance and practicality. I can understand if these cars were used for amateur racing but from what I gather it is 17 - 24 year old boys who haven't yet outgrown "The Fast and Furious" part of their life.

Adding dump valves, body kits, bigger exhaust, profile tyres aren't going to make your fiat punto a sex object, nor will it turn it into a performance vehicle. I feel that modified cars like these are just phallic compensation and are just as irritating as those people who ride off-road bikes down residential roads which sound like a petrol lawn mower on the verge of death.

The money spent on these machines to get an extra .5 sec in acceleration from 0-60 could be saved to buy a machine which could spank these cars in performance unmodified any day.

Now I am not saying modifying cars is a chav thing to do, I own a modified Land Rover Defender 110 it has a winch, bull bar, upgraded shocks, 3" lift and roll bars. I have made these changes because it improves the performance and practicality of the car when off road which is what this car is used for.

So yeah I agree that it is a classic example of a chav-mobile and something I would expect to be driven by the kersal massive

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post

It is moronic to spend £1000's on modifying a car so it is worse in terms of performance and practicality. I can understand if these cars were used for amateur racing but from what I gather it is 17 - 24 year old boys who haven't yet outgrown "The Fast and Furious" part of their life.

Adding dump valves, body kits, bigger exhaust, profile tyres aren't going to make your fiat punto a sex object, nor will it turn it into a performance vehicle. I feel that modified cars like these are just phallic compensation and are just as irritating as those people who ride off-road bikes down residential roads which sound like a petrol lawn mower on the verge of death.

The money spent on these machines to get an extra .5 sec in acceleration from 0-60 could be saved to buy a machine which could spank these cars in performance unmodified any day.

Now I am not saying modifying cars is a chav thing to do, I own a modified Land Rover Defender 110 it has a winch, bull bar, upgraded shocks, 3" lift and roll bars. I have made these changes because it improves the performance and practicality of the car when off road which is what this car is used for.

So yeah I agree that it is a classic example of a chav-mobile and something I would expect to be driven by the kersal massive

chav!!

moderator alert Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks!
    Last edited by Matthew; 30-01-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lets face it
    everybody goes through a stage in their life where they want to change things about a car
    life would be boring if we were all the same.

im not saying that some cars aren't chavvy, people have acquired tastes. im not doing anything 'rudeboi' to my car, simply because its not me, but yeah i do have a few things i've spent a couple of quid on for my car to make it look a bit more 'me', but nothing like a dump valve lol.

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

The euro wheels look awful. Rat ftw.
    One for the road. :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    swearwolf

Latest Awards:

good rat cars look amazing
    no

Tokens

Latest Awards:

OK, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. First of all I'll complement you on your choice of car because although I'm not 'that into' off-roading myself, I have a close friend who is and respect the work that's gone into it and the sheer awesomeness of trooping a proper off-road vehicle through all sorts.

But with regards to the main point of your debate, no; it's definately NOT a 'chav' thing to do. It's simply a stereotype- fair enough, 'chavs' are into 'modified cars-' mainly underpowered corsas with disgusting bodykits, but does that mean that everyone who alters a car is a 'chav?'

Most genuiine 'enthusiasts' I know are genuinely decent people, not a speck of burberry in sight. Just normal, chilled out everyday people, brought together by a proper hobby and everyone seems to get along. Am I a chav for what I've done to my car? It's not 'garish,' it's not bright green or has an ill-fitting bodykit and several splitters which don't belong there, it's not over the top.

Since when do you have the right to tell me what I can and can't do to my car, with wages which I earn myself? I can imagine some people might say your Landy is a waste of money (albeit, not myself) despite it being practical, I can imagine that the 'do-gooder-eco-warriors' would have something to say, the point is your car is modified, and people who have no interest in cars would label you, or me, in the same 'boy racer' class that they would of Aaron, the 17 year old who's just passed his test and spent the majority of his dole money on a miscoloured bodykit for his car with a questionable MOT. They see a young person in a vehicle which is different from the norm and are quick to make assumptions.

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No it very much is chav
    Now I am not saying modifying cars is a chav thing to do

So what your saying is modifying cars is chavvy, but it isn't?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

haha at the person who left me -rep saying 'i think you're a *removed* who needs to grow a set of balls.' quite ironic really, as you didn't leave your name. i'm not bothered about the rep, if you have something to say please send me a pm. i won't even -rep you back because it's a pointless system.

moderator alert Edited by Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator):
    Please don't avoid the filter and stay on-topic
    Last edited by Catzsy; 08-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12