HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Default What does everyone think of these A-Levels

Right, recently I've dropped out of my college because I hated the a levels I was doing and i disliked the teachers. (they didn't really help you). And in september I will be entering education again. What do you all think of these A-Levels:
    +Computing
    +Graphics
    +ICT (Applied)
    +Photography

What do you think of these choices? and in graphics, is that just photoshop because i'm not very good at drawing and don't want to do it expecting it all to be on computers when it's not :L
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What are you intending to do afterwards?

If its univeristy then i cant see them thinking very highly of photography and ICT

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Yeh, I wan't to go to uni afterwards, definetly. Erm, I could change photography but I really like ICT what would you recomend me change photography to?

Tokens
    Habbo
    JACKTARD

Latest Awards:

ICT is regarded higher than most people first think, but even so, there are other better ones like maths and the sciences.

But yeah as said above photography probably won't be very highly regarded. Then again, that's only if you're going to university.

Just make sure you know what you want to do after sixth form and make sure you're making the right choices!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Depends what you wanna do in uni really. And ICT is honestly just a waste subject, atleast it is in my school. From what i know unis dont really look at it as much and as far as the actual lesson goes its just making powerpoints and incredibly boringness.

but then theres someone who knows more like above perhaps :p ^

Tokens

Latest Awards:

University isn't a certainty. If you enjoy those subjects, then take them. There is more than one route to take!
    i'm out of touch, i'm out of love
    i'll pick you up when you're getting down
    and out of all these things i've done
    i think i love you better now

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

I wan't to do either graphics at uni, but I feel this would be a waste as that degree doesn't seem worth it, or maybe programming. If not those two then probably architecture or maybe business. Are there no 'All rounder' subjects that pretty much help with any degree?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well take a look at various unis for those degrees and see what they want. And try and adjust yoursellf to that

I know that if you intend to go into the programming route (Computer Science at uni), then you NEED maths, and they like you to have further maths or physics, but is not essential.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

all i'm going to say is - if you wanted to do business at uni, you don't necessarily have to take business at a level. sure, it helps - but it's not completely needed. goes the same for a lot of subjects.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Well take a look at various unis for those degrees and see what they want. And try and adjust yoursellf to that

I know that if you intend to go into the programming route (Computer Science at uni), then you NEED maths, and they like you to have further maths or physics, but is not essential.
    This. Literally yesterday they said that maths is needed but, as niamh said, it isn't really needed. What I done personally was chose 2 sets of 2 subjects which are similar and can aid towards a certain career path.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast