HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Default "Blocking" users?

I was just thinking, it's all fine and dandy to have "ignore" but what about BLOCK?

Basically, with ignore you can still see they've posted or left you a VM or whatever, and they can still see you're online etc.

With block - if implemented - I think it'd be good to have it that the blocked user(s) cannot even see you're online, can't see your posts and so effectively, you don't exist to them.

It's kinda like FB or something - if someone has been irritating you, or harrasing you, you just "block them" and even if they search your name, email, anything, you don't come up. You don't exist to them. And there are the odd people who i think sometimes "I would happily block them". Admittedly, it'd be quite a rare thing for someone to block someone else, but then I don't think ignore is used all that much.

Maybe it could replace "ignore"? I just think ignore is a bit pointless because they can still see everything YOU say, everything YOU do, and tbh the whole point, in my opinion, is that you can't see them but also THEY can't see YOU.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    iAndy-

Latest Awards:

Good point I would love to see this in action

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

That's the whole point of the word ignore, so you can't see anything they say. And if a user is harrassing you or anything then you report them, problem solved really.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think its a really good idea, i think if you want to ignore someone you don't want to have any sort of contact with them, surely?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    That's the whole point of the word ignore, so you can't see anything they say. And if a user is harrassing you or anything then you report them, problem solved really.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think its a really good idea, i think if you want to ignore someone you don't want to have any sort of contact with them, surely?
    James said it.

I may not want ANY contact with them. But with ignore, it's only 1-way. I can't see their posts, PMs or VMs, but they can still see mine, they can still PM me, VM me etc.

Blocking is easy and is more effective - they can't see you, so they can't VM you, PM you, see your posts, see you're online, nothing. Therefore harrasment can't take place. Personally I haven't been harrassed but there are people who I may not want to actually have any contact with, for whatever reason.

"Ignore" is all well and good, but if they're still reading your posts, they can start a different type of offensive against you - making hate posts about you - but obviously you wouldn't know because they're ignored. Whereas if they're "blocked" they wouldn't see your posts so they can't say anything about your posts, VMs or whatever.

DJ Robbie

Tokens
    Habbo
    Nickiest.

Latest Awards:

The whole point of ignore is so you can't see what they say, if they don't want to see what you're saying then they will put you on ignore too.

Ultimately you having them on ignore will most likely make them leave you alone anyway as they want you to see what they say, with you having them on ignore you can't see what they say so they'd see no point in saying anything to you.

I don't think a block is neccessary. I think the ignore system does a fine job.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    The whole point of ignore is so you can't see what they say, if they don't want to see what you're saying then they will put you on ignore too.

Ultimately you having them on ignore will most likely make them leave you alone anyway as they want you to see what they say, with you having them on ignore you can't see what they say so they'd see no point in saying anything to you.

I don't think a block is neccessary. I think the ignore system does a fine job.
    I don't think it has the same effect though? Because as I said, I may not want them to be able to see what I post, what I say, etc. It's not THEIR choice what I want THEM to see...It's mine. If someone was, for example, bullying me, I can currently put them on "ignore". Which in effect means:

I can see that they've posted, just not WHAT they've posted.
    They can see when i'm online, what I post, what I do etc.
    They can PM me & VM me, I still get notifications, but it says they're ignored.
    They can continue to bully me, by saying things about me - because they'll soon work out they're blocked, then realise I can't see what they're saying, so go and make some hate thread about me.

Whereas with block;

They can't see any posts I make, VMs of mine, or my profile - so they can't try and bully me on what I post/have on my profile
    They can't see when I'm online - so they don't know when I'm next online, and therfore will soon get bored of waiting.
    They can't contact me - so they can't try and bully me privately.

DJ Robbie

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, View Post
    I don't think it has the same effect though? Because as I said, I may not want them to be able to see what I post, what I say, etc. It's not THEIR choice what I want THEM to see...It's mine. If someone was, for example, bullying me, I can currently put them on "ignore". Which in effect means:

I can see that they've posted, just not WHAT they've posted.
    They can see when i'm online, what I post, what I do etc.
    They can PM me & VM me, I still get notifications, but it says they're ignored.
    They can continue to bully me, by saying things about me - because they'll soon work out they're blocked, then realise I can't see what they're saying, so go and make some hate thread about me.

Whereas with block;

They can't see any posts I make, VMs of mine, or my profile - so they can't try and bully me on what I post/have on my profile
    They can't see when I'm online - so they don't know when I'm next online, and therfore will soon get bored of waiting.
    They can't contact me - so they can't try and bully me privately.
    Well if you have problem with bullying, Robbie you should report it and it WILL be dealt with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Well if you have problem with bullying, Robbie you should report it and it WILL be dealt with.
    I never said I did, but in circumstances that could arise...it's just a pre-caution, much like ignore is.

DJ Robbie

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, View Post
    I never said I did, but in circumstances that could arise...it's just a pre-caution, much like ignore is.
    Sorry I must have misunderstood - I think ignore is fine as anything that breaks the rules can be reported/spotted by a mod and dealt with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast