HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Laptop help!

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Hayleigh,

Latest Awards:

Default Laptop help!

Really sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread as I normally don't post around here so HEY !
    Ok basically some time during the next half term I will be getting a new laptop. We are buying it from John Lewis as it's a place mum trusts and yeah ;') Theres not much budge on that. Basically I went into the shop and as I'd previously been looking at Sony's (Budget wont spread to a mac don't need one anyway) I took a look at them. The Shop Assistant also recommended me a Sony. So I went on the website today and used the compare feature to line up a few possibilities. The Laptop will be used for Habbo, Microsoft word/powerpoint etc general school work, internet browsing and a bit of gaming like the sims but probrably not much else. Im really inpatient and would like a fairly fast laptop and as I will be the only one using it I can control what is downloaded 8) Anyway
    Here is the list, if you could recommend me one I would be most greatful, but due to my limited knowledge the white one looks good to me for it's price
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Co...Ak96+wc6GSpmo=

Thanks Danke Merci

+Rep for help xxx
    Last edited by Hayleigh; 15-02-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Ouft is a LOSER Happy Now

Living in Danube's Tank....

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The white one, which is cheapest, would probably struggle with games like The Sims, if you want to play it then get the black or purple one (the two on the right hand side, £749 or £699).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Darckengel

Purple, duh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Hayleigh,

Latest Awards:

Yyayayaa thanks that was my favourite one as well

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But the white one is clearly better value for money. Your paying £100 more for a smaller screen and worse CPU.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

I'd probably say the black or the white one. Please please please do not pick by colour because the chances are it's not as good quality.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ZoDes View Post
    But the white one is clearly better value for money. Your paying £100 more for a smaller screen and worse CPU.
    Yes and a far worse GPU that won't run The Sims + other games very well at all. The Core i5 is better than the i3, doesn't matter about speed in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by markypee4 View Post
    I'd probably say the black or the white one. Please please please do not pick by colour because the chances are it's not as good quality.
    The black one for sure in that case.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Hayleigh,

Latest Awards:

I'd rather pay a bit more considering I will be having this laptop a while and get something worth paying for. The screen size does not bother me and as for CPU im still a little unsure

+rep anyways
    So am I right in saying the majority of you say the black one, or the purple for a slightly cheaper option

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Black or White, the pink and purple your paying for the colour and colour alone.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Black or White, the pink and purple your paying for the colour and colour alone.
    LOLLLL NVM.

At least we agree on the black one.

Get the black one.
    Last edited by Recursion; 15-02-2011 at 10:50 PM.