HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Good luck in the winter when everyone will have darkness until 9AM because that's what would happen.
    thanks; now that you've wished us all luck i'm sure we'll be just fine.

because clearly luck is what we need to be able to function before 9am... or maybe just a decent nights sleep.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    You have misunderstood, the curve is in the opposite direction in winter, where this will really have a great impact. On average over the course of the year, it's a straight line. and well done in getting an EU rant in! *clap clap*

and chippiewill, take a gun to school then no one will mess with you.[/SARCASM]
    I personally do not have any issues with activity in Winter - it's miserable and dull to do anything remotely useful. An extra hour wouldn't help, especially when you'll be getting home just as darkness hits in (rather than leave work when it is pitch black), the extra hour won't help, or the extra 2 hours if the other idea that gets flung around is in effect too. Winter naturally is the most unhelpful season for a reason The change seems a bit unnecessary, particularly in Summer where we're sharing sunlight with Portugal, so the Olympics argument seems to not be a solid enough reason in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    And I might be being thick here but alex how does the curve change D:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bite.../revise5.shtml

^ That pretty much explains it
    Last edited by GommeInc; 23-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    tbh, I don't want to get into a rant, but the bit about being over portugal and not being over it well its true with the tilt... I went on paint and with all my skills i made a line over the picture undertaker gave us. Then I moved it until the line hit portugal. It shows that not even half of the UK is even hit sunset.

I wouldn't like to have this change tbh, there is no need of it.

And I might be being thick here but alex how does the curve change D:

this image (and the one above) shows the sunlight distribution when the northern hemisphere is in summer, hence why at the north pole it is constantly in sunlight in summer (as it is facing towards the sun).

this image shows that the north pole is completely in darkness as it is winter in this picture.. although the picture is not of europe you can understand how the 'curve' changes. If you averaged out this curve over the course of a year, it would naturally average out as a straight line.

This is because the earth is tilted . Without this tilt there would be no such thing as summer or winter.

thats the reason why time-zones are not allocated in a diagonal fashion, because over the course of the year, everything averages out. Each part of the world's surface gets equal amounts of sunlight over the whole year... around half which is why in the tropics, sunrise and sunset barely changes time over the whole year whilst in n europe in the summer, the sun might set late and rise very early and be the other way round in the winter.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 23-02-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    goodbye.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112