HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: HxHD Changes

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Habbo state permanent bans and at times they do unban these or even do a mass ban from time to time depending how they are feeling. We thought we would give these people a fresh start and see how it would go, if we feel that these people need to be banned then changes can be made to make sure that happens.
    Second chances are excellent and sure, users certainly deserve them.

However I would have to say removing all users from the permanent ban list would be working backwards. This would be giving some of them a fifth or sixth chance, when I do not believe they deserve one at all based around the fact that we had allowed them back in the desk multiple times before and they insisted on nothing less than causing total catastrophe regardless of anything.

Some permanent ban users yes - did deserve to be permanently banned by all means however should deserve a second chance. Others, not so much!
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I remember I wanted the helpdesk to be changed into a lounge so the rules would be more relaxed, back when I was an e-rebel. Hopefully it will stay as it is, otherwise fail e-rebels will try take over (like myself in the past). It also makes no sense why people were unbanned from the helpdesk, they obviously got a permanent ban for a valid reason. Yes, people can change but if that's the case don't call it a permanent ban because it's not.
    I'll just clarify why we let Lizzy lift the bans in the HxHD. Unfortunately (as much as we'd like), Sulake do not provide a viable way for us to uphold permanent bans from the desk. Management and Staff have spent hours and hours kicking these people before they enter the room. The way we look at it is, if they do something wrong in the Help Desk, they'll be kicked - if they aren't gonna do anything wrong and are just gonna sit there and talk then why should staff waste their time kicking them?

To add, HxHD will not be turning into a Lounge. This is something that Matt, Martin and I agree on, HxHD should be a Help Desk and in no way would the help desk element of the room be removed.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Habbo state permanent bans and at times they do unban these or even do a mass ban from time to time depending how they are feeling. We thought we would give these people a fresh start and see how it would go, if we feel that these people need to be banned again then changes can be made to make sure that happens.
    It annoys me how anytime I make a comment regarding habbox and habbo you reply "habbox isn't habbo we have different rules" then when I actually make a valid point you try to argue that "habbox is habbo". Habbo wouldn't unban **** heads who have slagged peoples dead parents in the past and constantly insult users and staff.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

It annoys me how anytime I make a comment regarding habbox and habbo you reply "habbox isn't habbo we have different rules" then when I actually make a valid point you try to argue that "habbox is habbo". Habbo wouldn't unban **** heads who have slagged peoples dead parents in the past and constantly insult users and staff.
    I was giving you an example that permanent bans can change, not that we are unbanning them because Habbo have unbanned people in the past. I should of made that clear and I apologise for that, if these users wish to ruin this one chance then let them and we will then just deal with them like we have done in the past.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree Richie, however Habbo don't have to waste hours kicking these people as they can remove them altogether. As I said, sometimes these users don't cause problems, staff shouldn't have to waste time kicking them in these circumstances, we can kick them when they try to cause problems.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Between Matt having the ability to ban members from the room, and that when a user needs to be kicked most times staff can call upon eachother and work in synergy to kick the user, 9/10 times it's not a massive pain to kick users from the room - especially since they do tend to give up sooner rather than later.

It also is, and always has been, an accepted task of Help Desk staff to kick users from the room. Infact, I'd have to say one of the most exciting parts about being a HxHD staffmember is being promoted to a superstaff role because you finally get your rights to the room as so you can deal with troublesome users yourself instead of having to frustratingly bare witness to what they're saying and having to depend on others to resolve the situation.

I would say removing permanent bans would be better done in the idea that it's giving users a second chance (deserved or not deserved), not because it's reducing the workload of a staffmember. The latter is still true in a sense, although I wouldn't say the severity of having to deal with kicking users isn't enough to be a nuisance in most cases.

Perhaps it would be best to better clarify that just because you've removed all users from the permanent ban list doesn't mean that they wont be permanently banned again if/when they start breaking various rules of the room.
    Last edited by HotelUser; 23-02-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    Perhaps it would be best to better clarify that just because you've removed all users from the permanent ban list doesn't mean that they wont be permanently banned again if/when they start breaking various rules of the room.
    Surely that is a given?

90% of HxHD staff said they didn't like how many users were banned from the room as their job became tiresome, boring and all about kicking people, as soon as staff said this we agreed with them, the fact that half the time when I went in HxHD I'd end up having to kick people constantly stopped me going in HxHD, I know it's the same for Matt too. I am not surprised the staff don't like that aspect, I have had Super Staff members tell me they wish they had stayed Normal Staff so they wouldn't have the heavy job of moderation.

If said members aren't going to cause trouble, then there's no problem with them being in the desk. It's common knowledge I despise Immenseman and Saurav, however since the unban I have seen Jake in HxHD doing absolutely nothing wrong (well, as far as you can say Jake is doing nothing wrong) just sat talking to people, I have no issues with him doing this and more importantly the HxHD staff have no issues with this. I haven't seen Saurav in the desk since he's been unbanned however I don't like to admit it but once I was in the door of HxHD for a while and Saurav was in the room yet I was too busy to have a kicking war with him, so I left him and he was just chatting to people normally too. Similarly Rabrogan4 and Glopy have been in the desk recently and behaved. As soon as they do something to warrant being removed from the room they'll be removed, Ryanheh is an example of that already.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Surely that is a given?

90% of HxHD staff said they didn't like how many users were banned from the room as their job became tiresome, boring and all about kicking people, as soon as staff said this we agreed with them, the fact that half the time when I went in HxHD I'd end up having to kick people constantly stopped me going in HxHD, I know it's the same for Matt too. I am not surprised the staff don't like that aspect, I have had Super Staff members tell me they wish they had stayed Normal Staff so they wouldn't have the heavy job of moderation.

If said members aren't going to cause trouble, then there's no problem with them being in the desk. It's common knowledge I despise Immenseman and Saurav, however since the unban I have seen Jake in HxHD doing absolutely nothing wrong (well, as far as you can say Jake is doing nothing wrong) just sat talking to people, I have no issues with him doing this and more importantly the HxHD staff have no issues with this. I haven't seen Saurav in the desk since he's been unbanned however I don't like to admit it but once I was in the door of HxHD for a while and Saurav was in the room yet I was too busy to have a kicking war with him, so I left him and he was just chatting to people normally too. Similarly Rabrogan4 and Glopy have been in the desk recently and behaved. As soon as they do something to warrant being removed from the room they'll be removed, Ryanheh is an example of that already.
    To talk specifics I would have said Jake and Glopy would deserve a second chance (actually when I was HxHD manager I remember asking if I was allowed to remove Glopy's ban myself).

I don't think it's appropriate for me to discuss who wouldn't deserve to be unbanned and I'm fairly certain you already know who I'm thinking about anyway. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that after what happened the other day with that individual and a staffmember, that they're rightly permanently banned again anyway
    Last edited by HotelUser; 23-02-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ChickenFaces

Latest Awards:

I'm glad they finally gave the people that were perm banned a chance to come back in. They're actually a lot better behaved than they were when they were banned. The idea of a perm ban gave them the thought that they had nothing to lose. I do believe that I mentioned this to some people when I was staff but it must have been overlooked.

Also, do you see 'lounges' for other fansites? They're completely empty most if not all the time. Helpdesks may have lost a good average number of guests over the past year or so, but it's not that much of a drop that we should completely change the focus of the room. The changes should be interesting but I don't think that much can be changed in my honest opinion. But that's just me I mean what do I know?

I'm on my knees
    you're my favorite disease.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a lounge anyway, despite it officially being called a helpdesk.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast