HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: HxHD Changes

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    It's a lounge anyway, despite it officially being called a helpdesk.
    Yeh, and the help users get are quite often from other users rather than staff, it's more about banter nowadays. But if there was an 'official' name change, I feel this would affect the overall help desk, however I may be very wrong!
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I should have clarified a bit more. Despite it still basically being a lounge, it should stay as a helpdesk as it's an icon of Habbox.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    I should have clarified a bit more. Despite it still basically being a lounge, it should stay as a helpdesk as it's an icon of Habbox.
    To us, it's a lounge
    To habbo users or non-habbox or habbox-noobs etc, it's a helpdesk.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I fully agree, even though it may be more of a lounge these days it should still remain as a Help Desk even if it is not on a large scale. There is still demand for a help desk, as when I was a member of staff at HxHD just a couple of months ago there would be regularly genuine users asking questions on Habbo.

The Help Desk is a symbol of a Habbox's welcoming ethos towards new and old members, it is also a successful project and probably the most popular fansite lounge on the Hotel. By removing the staff, and the Help Desk section I can see it declining - as the staff are one of the primary reasons the Help Desk is popular and 'active'. It portrays the room as an active and safe environment for both Habbo and Habbox users to hang out and receive help and guidance as required.

I'm really excited about hearing about the changes, as they could really change things (hopefully for the better!)

Long live Habbox Help Desk
    Last edited by Suspective; 23-02-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Jordan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -fire-girl- View Post
    To us, it's a lounge
    To habbo users or non-habbox or habbox-noobs etc, it's a helpdesk.
    Not nessecarily. People who are in way related to Habbox have come in simply for a chat or discussion. There are also people who come in (and are new to Habbox) and join the community like that. eg. Craig (the guy who won the quiz a few times) didn't use the forums much and then he started to enter the quizes a few times and then won VIP and has started to use the forum more and more.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    It annoys me how anytime I make a comment regarding habbox and habbo you reply "habbox isn't habbo we have different rules" then when I actually make a valid point you try to argue that "habbox is habbo". Habbo wouldn't unban **** heads who have slagged peoples dead parents in the past and constantly insult users and staff.
    You are right. Habbo wouldn't even ban the user in the first place, and don't bother arguing otherwise.

---

I thought this thread was going to be good, and be posted from someone who had a clue, sadly it seems more an argument about people being unbanned (which doesn't affect anyh of you in the slightest, in that if the users continually break rules they will simply banned again).

Next up, the quarterly war about HxHD becoming a lounge. If I remember rightly, I have always argued for it to become a lounge. But you know what? It would do more harm than good. To us users who are not new to habbo or habbox, yeah **** it, it is a lounge. On the other hand, to users who are new to habbo it is a helpdesk. And you know what? Why remove a feature that Habbox has offered for years and years, and risk losing those new users who come in to get help. You know what? They might even come and join habbox. If you want to use it as a lounge, then do. But really, all removing the help desk will do is kill off any new users that hear about us through the help desk. The current userbase will keep going to the desk, and new users will also continue to come.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

Good. It's basically what it is now. Nobody really gets helped when I'm in there. :S
    One for the road. :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ayd View Post
    Good. It's basically what it is now. Nobody really gets helped when I'm in there. :S
    Congratulations of reading the thread, Aydan.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    Yeh, and the help users get are quite often from other users rather than staff, it's more about banter nowadays. But if there was an 'official' name change, I feel this would affect the overall help desk, however I may be very wrong!
    There shouldn't be a name change.
    They can do whatever they want to it obv but I think the name change will affect it as lots of people come to HxHD looking for help.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JustRG3

times i went in there, people behind the desk weren't even helping, and wouldnt even say hi to some like they think it's a cool thing to be in there... lounge, good idea.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast