HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    I dunno, I think Eccleston's timelord with a deathwish is better than Tennant's Timelord without Rose. I love both of them, but Eccleston just gets to me more when it comes to the serious scenes.
    After reading your blog yesterday I decided it would be a good idea to watch some of Eccleston's episodes again and I am inclined to agree, (I actually forgot how good those episodes were) I've also watched a lot of films with him in it recently and actually forgot who good of an actor he is (Bloody magnificent actor by the way, especially when you can hear his accent properly... sexy accent that is).

Rose is just useless in Series 4, shoved in because the fans wanted her back and it retconned the whole of Doomsday.
    I mostly hate the fact that they added a kind of super heroesque kind of feel to the character (Although they always do that every-time they bring a character back, the only time they've done it properly is with Sarah Jane. It might be because they try desperately not to portray them as the Assistant again because they're not taking permanent residence) and then spent tons of scenes of explaining to other characters who she was which was just a painful waste of time. That and Billie Piper is a terrible actor.

They killed Ianto in the Torchwood Mini-Series, Children of Earth, and that was a damn good bloody good damn show. There's been shouts from fanboys to bring back Ianto but Davies has learned his lesson and not bringing him back, so to preserve the effect of Children of Earth.
    Ianto was one of my favourite characters (In fact Torchwood is one of my favourite series from the BBC because it's basically Doctor Who with more sci-fi and less dumbed down stuff fro children) and was always one of those slightly less important characters that always outperformed the more important characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggins
    . He also decides to base some episodes around Amy Pond, a plot device,
    Series 1: Rose was used as a plot device at the ending
    Series 4: Donna was used a a plot device at the end as-well (And even Martha was used a Plot Device sort of in the first of the episodes she was in)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggins
    She’s dumb when the plot demands it, emotive when the plot demands it and clever when the plot needs it.
    It's been that in every series (Except the second) because the Assistant has to start dumb and progressively get smarter, although I will say that they were slightly sporadic with the smartness dumbness spread with Amy which made it slightly more obvious (Like with the Space Dolphin episode, dumb for the entire thing except for the last 20 seconds)

OK I dont mind the short skirts and anything else ****** clothes wise
    I don't think there's a male on this planet who doesn't mind the short skirts.

I don't think I will like any form of doctor romance for a while since series 2.
    I wish they'd played out the romance thing with River Song a bit more myself, I think it could have worked out quite well, especially if they keep this theme of her not being on the Tardis the entire time (Don't want them cluttering up the episodes with loads of scenes of kissing).
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 14-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Ianto was one of my favourite characters (In fact Torchwood is one of my favourite series from the BBC because it's basically Doctor Who with more sci-fi and less dumbed down stuff fro children) and was always one of those slightly less important characters that always outperformed the more important characters.
    Personally I hate all of Torchwood pre-Children of Earth and cannot wait until Miracle Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill
    Series 1: Rose was used as a plot device at the ending
    Series 4: Donna was used a a plot device at the end as-well (And even Martha was used a Plot Device sort of in the first of the episodes she was in)
    I felt when Rose became a plot device, it was more effective given her ties to the Doctor and him knowing what was going to happen. She was a device, and he couldn't stop that.

Series 4's finale is just one big massive joke to the fans. Martha was just awful in the first half of Series 3.

It's been that in every series (Except the second) because the Assistant has to start dumb and progressively get smarter, although I will say that they were slightly sporadic with the smartness dumbness spread with Amy which made it slightly more obvious (Like with the Space Dolphin episode, dumb for the entire thing except for the last 20 seconds)
    I agree. I just don't think Amy progresses at all as a character and is... ungrateful when she has Mr Cool Rory AND the Doctor, yet she happily just jumps around and flirts and then becomes smart and I love Rory etc.

I don't think there's a male on this planet who doesn't mind the short skirts.
    MICHAEL GAMBON.

I wish they'd played out the romance thing with River Song a bit more myself, I think it could have worked out quite well, especially if they keep this theme of her not being on the Tardis the entire time (Don't want them cluttering up the episodes with loads of scenes of kissing).
    Even if she IS the TARDIS, that still doesn't live up to the level of intrigue that Moffat has pushed through after literal years of Who. Personally I think she's the Rani, but that's just speculation.

Third bloggins here.

Also, glad you're enjoying going back to enjoy Eccleston's time. I want to go back and re-watch the Series One finale, along with Boom Town, one specific detail (namely: Mickey) has got me wondering about a certain writing technique Davies uses in every single series.
    Last edited by Fez; 14-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Personally I hate all of Torchwood pre-Children of Earth and cannot wait until Miracle Day.

I felt when Rose became a plot device, it was more effective given her ties to the Doctor and him knowing what was going to happen. She was a device, and he couldn't stop that.

Series 4's finale is just one big massive joke to the fans. Martha was just awful in the first half of Series 3.

I agree. I just don't think Amy progresses at all as a character and is... ungrateful when she has Mr Cool Rory AND the Doctor, yet she happily just jumps around and flirts and then becomes smart and I love Rory etc.

MICHAEL GAMBON.

Even if she IS the TARDIS, that still doesn't live up to the level of intrigue that Moffat has pushed through after literal years of Who. Personally I think she's the Rani, but that's just speculation.

Third bloggins here.

Also, glad you're enjoying going back to enjoy Eccleston's time. I want to go back and re-watch the Series One finale, along with Boom Town, one specific detail (namely: Mickey) has got me wondering about a certain writing technique Davies uses in every single series.
    @your blog, i think eccleston could have quite easily done tennants clip, something from the waters of mars would have been better imo.

Also a bit random, but I just watched the trailer again on BBC 1 and damn I still love it so much, I hope its so epic.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 14-04-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I just watched the trailer again on BBC 1 and damn I still love it so much, I hope its so epic.
    Same! :'D And I so hope so too

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@your blog, i think eccleston could have quite easily done tennants clip, something from the waters of mars would have been better imo.

Also a bit random, but I just watched the trailer again on BBC 1 and damn I still love it so much, I hope its so epic.
    Tennant's Doctor felt empowered by evil, Eccleston's Doctor never turned towards it. He was dark in himself, not in his actions.

I don't think he could do the Gridlock clip given how open the 10th. Doctor is open about things.
    Last edited by Fez; 14-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Your blog post just reminded me of how funny this scene was:
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ecclestons best acting I've seen is in Amelia, I loved it, he seems to be typecast as a criminal half the time though haha.

I loved eccleston, but my favourite series has to be Cathrine Tates, they worked so well together.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I just noticed something.

Series One: Ecclestone goes away
    Series Two: Rose goes away
    Series Three: Martha goes away
    Series Four: Donna goes away, Rose goes away (again)
    Specials: Tennant goes away
    Series Five: The Doctor goes away twice, Amy goes away twice, Rory goes away twice, River Song goes away.

Away = die/leave, including all the sequences in Amy's Choice and Cold Blood.

Once people die so often, it loses the effect, like the atomic bomb sequence/character death in Call of Duty 4 repeated three times in MW2. Might be why I don't like Series Five at all.
    Last edited by Fez; 14-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I just noticed something.

Series One: Ecclestone goes away
    Series Two: Rose goes away
    Series Three: Martha goes away
    Series Four: Donna goes away
    Specials: Tennant goes away
    Series Five: The Doctor goes away twice, Amy goes away twice, Rory goes away twice, River Song goes away.

Away = die/leave, including all the sequences in Amy's Choice and Cold Blood.

Once people die so often, it loses the effect, like the atomic bomb sequence/character death in Call of Duty 4 repeated three times in MW2. Might be why I don't like Series Five at all.
    Well the series 4 one is kinda incorrect, cos rose goes away again as he "patches it back up" the thing between the universes

Also by the character death thing what does thou mean? Bit off topic but who cares cept mods.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well the series 4 one is kinda incorrect, cos rose goes away again as he "patches it back up" the thing between the universes

Also by the character death thing what does thou mean? Bit off topic but who cares cept mods.
    For the COD example?

Last edited by Fez; 14-04-2011 at 09:38 PM.