HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default UK, France, and others preparing to attack Libya.

The UK are leading the charge and have commited Typhoon and Tornado jets, Surveillance planes and also three Navy fridgets/destoyers to help enforce the no fly zone.

Other countries who are committing resources are France, Lebanon, Italy the US and also the Arab League.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 18-03-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ajthedragon

Latest Awards:

Do we need their oil that bad?
    One for the road. :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Markster:

Latest Awards:

Mm... Well question is if this is good or not... This does stop Gaddafi from killing the Lybians in cold blood... On the other hand if the revolts fail and Gaddafi stays it's bad for the countries stated above as they will have to kiss some major ass... Good for the Lybians though so if all goes well democracy might even win
    Loading Habbox V7 Progress

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ayd View Post
    Do we need their oil that bad?
    Wow are you really that ignorant? Yea these countries may be 'interested' in the oil but the fact of the matter is that 100s if not 1000s are being killed because they are rebelling against this disgusting man and his disgusting regime.

The Libyan people want him out, most are to scared to speak out because the minority that do are being bombarded and murdered by Gadaffi's 'army'.
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 18-03-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

It's not "attacking" actually, because we are not going in there to claim their land. We're going in there to support democracy and get rid of a lunatic dictator.

I think it's good though. It's been backed by the UN and Arab League so nothing wrong with it imo.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Last time I checked this was a no-fly zone at this moment in time and no ground troops would be sent in. I also believe their oil isn't even that good so forget that!
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 18-03-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't support war in any form, even if it is not through sending in ground reinforcements. I do not see how we can justify invading another country and destroying their air reinforcements when their is numerous cuts even in the defense sector. Yet that doesn't stop Clegg and Cameron as well as America and even France going in and effectively starting a war. Lets hope that this won't last long, as we really don't need another big war - Afghanistan has lasted long enough.

Its about time we butt out of other countries affairs, and leave it to those who are prepared (and can afford) to put their defense workers, security and budget at risk.
    Jordan

Tokens

I would like to thank the UN on behalf of the free world for the quick reaction to the innocent people being slaughtered in Libya and murdered for the crime of wanting to be free to speak their minds.
    I would like to, but seeing as how its taken weeks to decide how many deaths you will see before you stop it i wont bother.

You are without doubt the most useless, worthless waste of time and money on the planet.
    How can you sit there watching people die like this for weeks and then say "oh ok then well go in and stop him"?
    And as for countries like Germany who are obviously willing to sit even longer. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Who is worse the ones who do it? or the ones who sit back and let them?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MrJordan View Post
    I don't support war in any form, even if it is not through sending in ground reinforcements. I do not see how we can justify invading another country and destroying their air reinforcements when their is numerous cuts even in the defense sector. Yet that doesn't stop Clegg and Cameron as well as America and even France going in and effectively starting a war. Lets hope that this won't last long, as we really don't need another big war - Afghanistan has lasted long enough.

Its about time we butt out of other countries affairs, and leave it to those who are prepared (and can afford) to put their defense workers, security and budget at risk.
    omg someone else who is absolutely 100% ignorant.

Not everything is about money, someone things are about morales, you know? even though its took far to long to get to this point its certainly better late than never and potentially 1000's of lives could be saved from this point thanks to this 'no fly' zone being upheld. In terms of money I don't see how its going to cost us all that much compared to Afghan (we shouldn't be their now anyway) etc, and this is by far a more worthy cause at this stage imho.

and btw someone who said its 'not attacking', it is, a 'NO FLY' zone would mean that Libyan airforce bases would need to be 'BOMBED', i.e. ATTACKED, if this didn't happen UK and French jets would be at a HUGE risk. Understand?

---------- Post added 19-03-2011 at 12:48 AM ----------

I agree. I actually respect Cameron a 100% more than I did a month ago. HE WAS THE FIRST to voice his disgust and was the person who made all this happen, even if he has had to drill it into our allies for the past 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiet View Post
    I would like to thank the UN on behalf of the free world for the quick reaction to the innocent people being slaughtered in Libya and murdered for the crime of wanting to be free to speak their minds.
    I would like to, but seeing as how its taken weeks to decide how many deaths you will see before you stop it i wont bother.

You are without doubt the most useless, worthless waste of time and money on the planet.
    How can you sit there watching people die like this for weeks and then say "oh ok then well go in and stop him"?
    And as for countries like Germany who are obviously willing to sit even longer. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Who is worse the ones who do it? or the ones who sit back and let them?
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 19-03-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Another pointless war which has nothing to do with morales, more so being a cover for the west which has been left exposed all of a sudden by the fact that we were the ones who have been keeping Gaddafi, Mubarak and Ben Ali in power and had continued to do so right upto the point when we thought they were close to being ousted - then we changed sides but the difference with Libya is that; we picked the wrong horse on the last race.

Meanwhile while we are on our 'moral crusade', we continue to support the Saudi Arabian regime which has just sent in a thousand+ troops into its neighbour Bahrain which is having troubles of its own, with the people wanting to overthrow the regime there or have consitutional reforms (did I mention we were and remain a key supporter of Bahrain, with the U.S. having military bases there?). The Ivory Coast is having troubles at the moment, yet no western intervention there nor in China which has put down every small protest with heavy hands and the list goes on and on.

The west will only ever attack regimes or governments which it knows it can beat via conventional warfare. Iraq under Saddam had little left of an army by 2003 and was a pushover, the same can be said for Gaddafi who never really had an army setup in the first place - Iran on the other hand (which the west does attempt to over-demonise) has a structured armed forces and would not go down without kicking and screaming. Iran also, does not kowtow to the United States and her allies hence why its such a thorn in the side of the United States and we must all be made to be fearful of Iran and this imaginary threat it poses. Because otherwise we'd look like, to put it simply, a gang of playground bullies - something which i'm afraid we are.

Time to close a vast majority of U.S. military bases of which it cannot afford (and yes the financial aspect is important, Great Britain has a debt of £7.9tn+ and the United States is over the $14tn mark) because before long America will find itself in the same position Britain found itself in during WW1/2 - overstretched, becoming involved in conflicts it did not need to become involved in. One medium sized war will finish the United States even if it 'wins' the war as Britain won WW2 but lost the most. Lets trade with people, be friends with people but not police the world.

For more on our hypocrisy in foreign affairs, this is just a small example concerning the current events in Libya;

Then again maybe i'm totally wrong, maybe Gaddafi has some of those invisible WMD that Saddam had.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 19-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast