HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know you can get in trouble but most shops normally have like a little stand where they'll sell stuff that's gone off/about to go off. Some things are alright past the sell by date! Aslong as it's not like meat/milk or anything, ew.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not illegal... Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and all kinds of supermarkets have these things called policies that are put upon them by Trading Standards as supermarkets are expected to sell clearly in date produce as the general premise of a supermarket is easy, fast and reliable shopping. Corner shops and the like can sell out of date produce if it is at a reduced price (usually reduced from the usual RRP). It doesn't have to be clearly marked, but it does help as some inidividuals who are money hungry or generally like being angry, tend to complain and they go by the individual than the business, even though there is no clear law about it (they just go by health and safety, trading standards etc as an excuse).

As far as I see it, the shop probably shouldn't be buying too much stock if their produce is going out of date... Dr Pepper is meant to last about 6 months, so why they are buying large amounts of the stuff is beyond me, especially when corner shops tend to get their stock from cash and carries, or direct from a supplier Complain if you want, the shop won't give you money and shouldn't be fined unless there are more underlying issues with their stock e.g. open packets oozing what looks like the bowels of hell.

Tokens

Not sure if already posted as I haven't checked previous replies.

Foods marked with a 'use by' date must not be sold or displayed for sale after their marked dates. It is an offence to sell or offer for sale food past its use by date. For example, use by 5 March means use by midnight on 5 March. Foods marked with 'best before' or 'best before end' dates may be sold after their marked dates, provided that they remain of good quality and fit for human consumption. In these circumstances it is advisable to ensure that customers know that the date has expired before they make the decision to buy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    173T

Latest Awards:

Corner shops and small buisnesses sometimes do sell food/drinks that are out of date, but normally they'd reduce the price, ALOT. But bigger shops, (Asda, Tesco, Sainsburrys) Don't sell out of date food, as they have continuas stock coming in, and they have more sales, than corner shops too.

Forever and ever, we'll follow our team we are the Forest, we are supreme!

fifth year at habbox.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

WHY does everyone nowadays just want to pin the blame on someone and get them into trouble for something which is pretty fine? The quote 'out of date food can't exactly be called harmless' is pretty false.

fair enough, dairy stuff, chilled, etc.. yes; but soft drinks, chocolate bars, frozen stuff is perfectly fine. Don't have a lot of it at home but always get loads of out of date stuff at work. I've worked there for about five years now and I haven't suffered as a result of it. Things like chocolate bars, crisps etc are all sealed air tight. Drinks are carbonated to preserve them for ages. Frozen stuff is kept at about -15 to -20, most bacteria wouldn't be able to survive; freezing things preserves them. Most of the stuff is reduced which is the reason I buy it at work, but you have to accept the odd product will slip through the net and go un-noticed. Why not just notify the guy behind the till, I'm sure he'll either give you it a bit cheaper or pass forward the message so that something could be done about it.

Small shops don't have many staff or a huge turnover unlike the supermarkets, hence why it's not as tidy. They also don't have the same policies as the supermarkets. Can't you guys just support the local businesses and stop comparing them to the larger supermarkets which are single-handedly killing the 'corner shops?' They're just trying to make a living and I'm sure a trip from Trading Standards wouldn't help them one bit. Just use your eyes or a bit of common sense.

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I remember this shop in Cleethorpes what are usually a little out of date.

However, this shop in Chapel St. Leonards sells stuff like those cartons of pops you get with kid meals at fish and chip shops that have an expiry date of like 2006.

I don't mind if it's a bit out of date, but if they are a well established name then I think they shouldn't.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

there was some bottles of drench in Cooplands today, they had a sign saying 'Bottles of drench out of date from march, 60p' Is that allowed?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicrawrr View Post
    there was some bottles of drench in Cooplands today, they had a sign saying 'Bottles of drench out of date from march, 60p' Is that allowed?
    did you read any of this thread?

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens
    Habbo
    tardis101

trading standards will just close them down for a week or two until they restock everything which is silly lol and our local corner shop does this with stale food ect and nobody gives two hoots, I dont see what the big fuss is about tbh lol just live your life.....
    I love Doctor Who If you Cant guess, and My Rules:
    1. Always listen to Buck.
    2. Stay in the middle of the trail.
    3. He who has gas travels at the back of the pack.
    4. Have your heads examined.
    5. You do not have to follow Rule #2 if there is a female involved or a cute dog. :dance::dance::dance:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234