HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default How do you handle negative feedback?

Whether you're in Employment or Education, you leave yourself open to negative feedback and suppose constructive criticism, do you happened it well, take it on the chin and work to improve? Or do you take it as an attack on you, and get disheartened?

I've never been very good with authority figures, especially when I feel I haven't done anything wrong, but supposedly by unwritten rules it's taboo to defend yourselves. It got to the point when I was in high school, I was very close to be expelled.

More recently I've got a lot better with taking negative feedback, especially in the work environment because unless you want to be unemployed you have to take the negatives with the positives.

What about you?

Tokens
    Habbo
    chantellehugs

Latest Awards:

If it's negative but also constructive I can take it, because then I'll know what to improve on and prove the person who criticized me wrong, but if it's just negative I don't see why I should take it. There's no point in putting someone down if they're doing something wrong if you don't plan to tell them how to improve. But I usually would ask the person to tell me how I should be doing it or show me if they're not giving any constructive criticism.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This site taught me pretty much how to give it and receive it from the graphics section, so since joining I take constructive criticism as good feedback, and it puts trust into the person who gave it to me because I know they're honest.

Tokens
    Habbo
    AidenFTW24

Latest Awards:

Negative feedback is often there for you to act upon, and resurrect yourself, and hope you dont make the same mistake again.

I'm genuinly good at taking negative feedback, any feedback good or bad is an improvement anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Gibs960

Latest Awards:

If someone is rude about it, I react negatively. If they are polite and simply point out a mistake and perhaps suggest ways I could improve on myself, I will smile and say "Indeed, my friend. Indeed."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gibs960 View Post
    If someone is rude about it, I react negatively. If they are polite and simply point out a mistake and perhaps suggest ways I could improve on myself, I will smile and say "Indeed, my friend. Indeed."
    I'll have what he's having.

Even if it's negative, at least they're honest and not lying about how **** you are at whatever you're doing, the best approach is the blunt approach in my eyes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

If its negative for being negative, I'll defend what theyre being negative about by saying how.
    If they post constructively aswell, I will see what they are saying and if I agree I will accept it however if they just seem to be picking at something at random I will just defend it again. I don't see why criticism has to be polite though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If I am prepared to give it out then I have to be prepared to be able to take it. Naturally I will defend myself as there can often be reasons why I do something like this rather than like that or whatever. It's important to debate and discuss things as how else can they be improved? So yes I do listen to feedback as even in the most negative feedback (in other words, not constructive) that you get there are some helpful hints.

Despite that, I also think it's important for yourself to self-reflect on things rather than other people telling you how it should be done. If you're comfortable with a method of drawing that someone else doesn't like, for example, why should you change it? It's all about give and take and finding the right balance imo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Negative constructive feedback is fine as long as it is balanced with positive feedback as well. It can be very demoralising when one works very hard, produces good results and it is only the mistakes that are picked up and dealt with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charlottay!

Latest Awards:

Negative feedback does tend to dishearten you however if you are given points to improve or have the oppourtunity to ask for a way to improve then its far better. its finding that balance between constructive criticism and just plain negativity against you.
    Ex-Hxl Senior DJ + Ex- Assistant events manager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast