HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tokens

Robots are basically just computers at the moment and therefore can't really be considered any more of a living object than for example a car or a piece of furniture can.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Just to Update that this debate will run until the 29th of June rather thn the 22nd.

For more info, please see the most recent debates announcement in the habbox announcements section.

Thanks,

-Eoin
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andii

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xegen View Post
    Robots are basically just computers at the moment and therefore can't really be considered any more of a living object than for example a car or a piece of furniture can.
    but we are talking about the future and should we be worried. Everyone needs to stop thinking about robots in the present and think about what the future may have in the terms of robotics. who knows what will happen. and no 1 can say what will exactly happen as a fact

Tokens
    Habbo
    Apeboy54

I've seen and watched many movies and shows about our future getting filled with robots to obviously improve our day to day lives. I've also seen how our present day robots can also do that. Now, have I ever worried about robots taking over the world with to high of a level of intelligence? No.

It seems pretty possible in a science-fiction based creation however in reality, it at all isn't very possible. Robots are not part of our natural cycle of evolution. Technically they are being evolved right now, as in, being upgraded however that isn't the exact same as them being naturally evolved. For something to sustain life on our planet, it needs to be able to fend with the environmental around it. Robots would just be a bunch of fancy metals being put together to make some kind of a machinery. Now these machines won't be able to even live without someone or something else giving it energy. Something or someone has to control that energy. It all ends up coming to us. We have to not only control but also provide the energy to the robots. Therefore, without us, they won't be able to live.

If they won't be able to live, I guess it'll be impossible for them to take over a much more divine living beings like you and me. The humans.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,elaboratedolls

Latest Awards:

I can see what you're saying about them taking human jobs, but they'll also be able to help out in jobs, whilst letting humans keep them. Like, testing whether or not a new building's been made. They could then re in act a scenario for instance, an earthquake, will the building be stable or not to survive the earthquake? The robot would then be able to play the role of the unfortunate human, unlike a crash dummy, do things most likely someone would do when trapped in a building in the middle of an earthquake and see if they would survive and the building receives critical damage or not.

So I'm not overly worried... for now.
    charr

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no why would i be worried about robotics..... weirdos

moderator alert Edited by Shar (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, you can refer to the debates rules and guidelines here.
    Last edited by Shar; 25-06-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    please please please let me get what i want this time

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cosmic

Latest Awards:

This debate has now ended. The top contributor will be announced shortly!

Thanks to all who took part.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345