HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytti View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love being human!
    Just read an article online, sounds like it'll be returning early next year

No idea what the score with the BBC Three logo being slashed is then!

OHHHHH, It might be something to do with that "The Fades" programme

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Was I the only one slightly disappointed?

I enjoyed most of it but I'm sick of the Jack's going to die stuff and then he survives. It's hard to do stuff like that with a man who usually can't die

But my main problem is as followed

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ahhhhh i loved it. i thought though it started pretty slowly the last 4-5 episodes were really gripping. love the possibilities we now have with rex (love his character) but i am confused about the family and who they were. looking forward to the next series though. apart from a couple of slow episodes, i've enjoyed the american mix.

Tokens
    Habbo
    kieranwwe

Latest Awards:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=689500

Vouches ^^
    If you trust me please post

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Urgh hated that conclusion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Urgh hated that conclusion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

SPOILERS FOR THOSE STILL IPLAYERING:

I'll be writing up my full thoughts on this and Doctor Who Series 6 in the next few weeks when the latter comes to an end.

Miracle Day has been very, very wishy washy and inconsistent all the way through. This has felt more of an American trial series rather than something we can all enjoy, a pilot series if you will, and quite frankly it doesn't suit Torchwood. Children of Earth was so good because it was paced so well: zero filler. With Miracle Day it seems like it's "How much character development can we cram into one episode." so we're left with barely any of them moving or changing. The way Jack cheats death seems to belittle the audience's expectations and emotional investment, rather than maintain the sustainment of disbelief, it gives in. Davies killed Ianto back in Children of Earth and stuck with it, for that I will always respect him, and I thought he learned his lesson of not giving in. If you want to kill Jack off, kill Jack off, don't just retcon something with another LOST type plot thread. The show is beginning to feel a lot like Moffat's Who with its ************ of you into watching all the episodes so you know what is going on, rather than enjoying each episode in its story. I know that this format demands one cohesive narrative, but everything needs breathing room and 'teasing' should slot in RIGHT at the end rather than try and tie everything up then untie it all so you can make another series.

It was worse than I thought it would be, but not Torchwood Series 1/2 bad thank God. No 'mature' stories, but 'adult' ones. Of all the characters who surprised me, Oswald's character was certainly the most interesting. I didn't take a real shine to anyone else: Esther's family were played for emotional blackmail and it didn't work for me, Rex's actor really can't act in a ensemble cast, Kitzinger is fit as **** but I don't feel a particular liking for her either.

We'll see where it goes, but for the most part, Miracle Day is a failed experiment. Back to England. Please.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    SPOILERS FOR THOSE STILL IPLAYERING:

I'll be writing up my full thoughts on this and Doctor Who Series 6 in the next few weeks when the latter comes to an end.

Miracle Day has been very, very wishy washy and inconsistent all the way through. This has felt more of an American trial series rather than something we can all enjoy, a pilot series if you will, and quite frankly it doesn't suit Torchwood. Children of Earth was so good because it was paced so well: zero filler. With Miracle Day it seems like it's "How much character development can we cram into one episode." so we're left with barely any of them moving or changing. The way Jack cheats death seems to belittle the audience's expectations and emotional investment, rather than maintain the sustainment of disbelief, it gives in. Davies killed Ianto back in Children of Earth and stuck with it, for that I will always respect him, and I thought he learned his lesson of not giving in. If you want to kill Jack off, kill Jack off, don't just retcon something with another LOST type plot thread. The show is beginning to feel a lot like Moffat's Who with its ************ of you into watching all the episodes so you know what is going on, rather than enjoying each episode in its story. I know that this format demands one cohesive narrative, but everything needs breathing room and 'teasing' should slot in RIGHT at the end rather than try and tie everything up then untie it all so you can make another series.

It was worse than I thought it would be, but not Torchwood Series 1/2 bad thank God. No 'mature' stories, but 'adult' ones. Of all the characters who surprised me, Oswald's character was certainly the most interesting. I didn't take a real shine to anyone else: Esther's family were played for emotional blackmail and it didn't work for me, Rex's actor really can't act in a ensemble cast, Kitzinger is fit as **** but I don't feel a particular liking for her either.

We'll see where it goes, but for the most part, Miracle Day is a failed experiment. Back to England. Please.
    For once I agree with every word you have said lmao.

Torchwood series 1 and 2 was a mess, a teen series trying to pretend to be an adult series. Children of Earth is what Torchwood should have been. But it seems it may have went to Russell T Davies's head and he moved to America to try and top it.

I liked the actual idea, It just wasn't put across properly. I'd have liked to see a bit more of the chaos it brought but as the problem got worse they seemed to go more to the group and not showing enough of how much problems the miracle was causing outside the group in my opinion. It is interesting that in a video interview RTD stated the series wouldn't be a lost type and while he liked Lost, he wanted everything resolved in the series, in a series that dragged, we didn't really learn enough.

At least Doctor Who has stuff in between, the stand alone episodes, that work and entertain, well some (pirate episode was pretty bad but the doctors wife was amazing in my opinion).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    At least Doctor Who has stuff in between, the stand alone episodes, that work and entertain, well some (pirate episode was pretty bad but the doctors wife was amazing in my opinion).
    Exactly, like one massive role reversal from Moffat and Davies.

I enjoyed the Pirate episode but I doubt anyone got anything from it. The Doctor's Wife is my favourite episode of the series.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920