HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Debates Ideas

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Default Debates Ideas

If you have any debate ideas, please post them in this thread! The debates leader will then evaluate whether he thinks the debate is a good one and it may then be used in one of our future official debates.

Please use the following format:

Your topic name:
    Debate Question:
    Brief Description

The best debates are those that are current and of interest to the forum demographic, something that can appeal to teenagers between the age range of 11-20. Please only post real world ideas for debates, not anything specifically related to Habbo and / or the forum.

Any posts that do not suggest an idea for a debate will be removed, and you will receive a polite PM asking you not to do it again. The thread will also get cleared every now and again by the debates leader, so that more fresh ideas can get posted!

If you make a particularly good suggestion, or your debate gets used - you will receive a 20 reputation points!

Happy Debating !
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-05-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This one should be good as I've already seen quite a few people debate about this in other threads and they all had different views.

Your topic name: Armed police
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should a police force be routinely armed?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether or not the police force should be armed.

Your topic name: Arranged Marriages
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should arranged marriages be made illegal?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether or not people think arranged marriages are still acceptable in today's society and whether or not they should make them illegal.

Your topic name: Selling human organs
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we legalise the sale of human organs?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether or not the sale of human organs should be legalised, there are quite a few opinions on this both for and against so it should be quite interesting!

Your topic name: Nuclear weapon testing
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we have a total ban on the explosion of nuclear devices for testing purposes? Or should be just abolish all nuclear weapons?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether or not nuclear weapon testing should be banned or maybe, even completely abolish them.

Your topic name: Nazi war criminals
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we continue to prosecute Nazi war criminals?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether or not we should still be prosecuting Nazi war criminals even though the second world war ended 65 years ago? Or are we right in doing so?

Just a couple of good ones that I know of
    Last edited by kuzkasate; 11-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Biscuitss

Latest Awards:

Your topic name: Is vegetarianism the way forward?
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should we stop killing animals for food?
    Brief Description: Discuss whether we should find another source of protein and whether we should stop killing animals to eat them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Your topic name: Confession
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Should information given during confession, relating to crime be reported to the police?
    Brief Description: Should information given during confession, relating to crime be reported to the police? or should everything told in confession be kept between the priest and yourself?
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

I'm sure this has been debated at some point before I got here, but I just got here sooooo the time old debate.

Your topic name: God or No God?
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: What do you think, is there a God (not a debate on what would be the true god) or is there only science and no higher being
    Brief Description: Self explanatory, explain why you think there is or isn't a god.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

One year on, has the Coalition government been good or bad for Britain?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shadow-Mason

Latest Awards:

Your topic name: Nintendo
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: Why's everyone for PS3 or 360, why not Wii
    Brief Description: Explanation of why Nintendo got so much hatred

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Your topic name: the use of technology and social media in the recent uk riots.
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise: did social media and the advances in technology regarding social networking (e.g: blackberry messenger, twitter) help or hinder the uk riots of august 2011.
    Brief Description: there has been a lot focus in the press about the role of social networking and technology in the recent riots. do you think these mediums helped the criminal rioters/looters group together, organise activity and find the easiest places to loot or did they hinder them: allowing the police to communicate effectively with large regions instantly.

Your topic name:Striking and Unions
    Debate Question/Any other questions you'd like to raise:Should people be allowed to strike without getting fired? Whats your opinion on unions in general?
    Brief Description:Just something I've always found interesting. A union is basically the boss of the employer, able to refuse working whenever they want more money.I've seen the power abused in many places and I'm surprised they're still allowed to strike like this.Quoting my mum, "You can't fire a teacher."

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

ummm some topics i'd be interested in are:
    • adoption
    • abortion
    • use of technology
    • cruelty on animals
    • racism
    • remember this from a tv show but since like companies like coca cola sponsor the olympic games is this an issue? (dunno if this can even be debated but i guess you could turn it into one)
    • television etc. brainwashing people?
    • online taking over irl (fb etc.)
    Always have courage and be kind

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast