HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1st Job!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamwingie View Post
    It's a waste of time trying to explain to them. They're young, naive and have no idea of how the world works. Like I said before, working in a supermarket or retail as an industry probably offers more opportunities than most ex-grads get.

This coming from 4 years of experience in the retail sector as opposed to the views of young persons who've probably only ever had a paperound. Not demeaning as most people have done it but don't try and claim you know something coming from a background of nothing. Jesus Christ.

I knew there was a reason I left this place.
    The thing that I find funny is you calling us naive blah blah blah, yet you seem to think the CHANCE of getting anywhere from shelf stacking is really high? Yeah of course you CAN get promotions and end up as store manager, but it is sure as heck unlikely.

Paper round? Next joke. Worst pay in the world. However I do help my dad rent his properties out.

Oh. You left? Off you go then.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    The thing that I find funny is you calling us naive blah blah blah, yet you seem to think the CHANCE of getting anywhere from shelf stacking is really high? Yeah of course you CAN get promotions and end up as store manager, but it is sure as heck unlikely.
    There is the "chance" to get anywhere from shelf-stacking that's exactly what I'm saying, all the major supermarkets are full of opportunity for promotion. Whether you've got the potential is another thing but if you're capable of promotion, put in the hours and dedication, and have a knack for interviews/applying for jobs, you could quite easily work up from a shelf-stacker.

If you just work part-time doing the odd shift and doing all what's expected of you then the chances are you won't get any further as that's what most people to do but my point is, it is naive to call it a dead-end career as it ones of the few careers you can work up from the bottom and go from nothing to everything.

Tokens

I really wish that i looked into appretiships. They really are a very good idea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .x:Mizz.Bex:x.

Latest Awards:

I know some people who've done a year of an apprentiship and they really enjoy them! (btw i just got my first part time job as a lifeguard )

I've been scrawling it forever but it never makes sense to me at all...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I had my first job when i was 15, working in an internet cafe. Weekends, and holidays ect. ended up keylogging all the pc's gg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234