HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inexorably View Post
    They can attempt to, but I'm sure many users would be annoyed - If it was originally liked that, fine but people don't like change (roll eyes). I've spoken to a few dutch people in the past and they got annoyed when I said their language was German - because it's not identical. People on .com get annoyed when a spanish person starts typing in spanish in a room - a hotel could try to be multilingual but I'm sure many users would fight against it.

Switzerland is a tricky issue lmfao - in Switzerland they have about 4 main languages I think. Swiss French, Swiss German, and 2 other Swiss stuff.

I'm on quite late at night as well - I'd get incredible bored lmao
    Dutch and German aren't really the same at all - they're both Germanic languages, yes, but they are also very different. In Switzerland they speak local dialects of German, French, Italian and to a much lesser degree, Romansh. Anyways, I would much rather they merge Hotels as opposed to closing them outright for periods each night. I play the French Hotel, for example, and I would prefer to be merged with Habbo Italy than be denied access to the Hotel when I want to play. Annoyed users are going to come with any change - they will get used to it over time.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Habbo: We see that a lot of rumours are going around today, but rest assured: we are NOT merging, and NOT closing down! More info to come tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/Habbo/status/170203188241235968

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mdna View Post
    Dutch and German aren't really the same at all - they're both Germanic languages, yes, but they are also very different. In Switzerland they speak local dialects of German, French, Italian and to a much lesser degree, Romansh. Anyways, I would much rather they merge Hotels as opposed to closing them outright for periods each night. I play the French Hotel, for example, and I would prefer to be merged with Habbo Italy than be denied access to the Hotel when I want to play. Annoyed users are going to come with any change - they will get used to it over time.
    Some German users are already panicking that they're going to be merged with .nl xL - or 'fused' as they're calling it. Apparently they're saying only going to be left with 1 German staff - the rest would be Dutch... we'll have to see what happens.

As for whether I'd prefer a merge or restrictions... mm, I think I'm fine on each 1 I suppose. I would get used to a merge - considering I've already dealt with 1 -_- . And restrictions I suppose I'd get used to, I'd just end up on this forum after "closing hours" lmfao. But I think I would probably hate Restrictions more like you said.

Agree with your last sentence.

---

Read Matt's post about merging as well - Doesn't look like it'll be happening as we've argued over lmfao.
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 16-02-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Habbo: We see that a lot of rumours are going around today, but rest assured: we are NOT merging, and NOT closing down! More info to come tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/Habbo/status/170203188241235968
    Whew, what a relief! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's now simply a shame that we'll have to wait a while before we find out more ;[.

But yes, cause I didn't say it before: ty [@]@xxMattGxx[/@] for the update ^.^
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Restricted hours aint gonna work unless they unmerge us though is it, like cause there's a practically constant stream of people on, though admitadly peak times is uk ones cause of the majority being uk, there's still a good few thousand on in uk late nights [midnight to like 4am] :L
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pipette View Post
    Restricted hours aint gonna work unless they unmerge us though is it, like cause there's a practically constant stream of people on, though admitadly peak times is uk ones cause of the majority being uk, there's still a good few thousand on in uk late nights [midnight to like 4am]:L
    Dead ends on restriction and merging it seems to be lmao. If they're desperate for money I reckon they'll have to increase advertising they use personally and adverts on their sites (if they still continue to lose money) - or potentially raise the prices of credits. I don't think it'll get that serious though, with the recession so many businesses came close to going into administration and then bankruptcy - but most of them pulled through it. I expect sulake will pull through all this as well.
    /

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    They best not put closing hours onto the .com site.
    I don't think they can introduce closing times for .com as we have different time zones and therefore are on at different times. So some people will be on in the middle of the night.. somewhere...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

They can't really put opening times on the .com hotel because after the merge of the EN-speaking hotels, there's now users online near enough 24/7 because of the different time zones. I don't see how a hotel with multiple languages would work either, seeing as our .com hotel still fails to provide the ability for us to select our time zone, instead of being stuck on what ever one .com was on before the merge.

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Having reading a number of things I think we may find that the .com hotel is pretty much in safe hands and the other hotels are the ones who will be having changes which may also include closure. Not just of the local office of the hotel but the actual hotel itself, who knows. We will find out soon though!

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast