HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Donating Blood / Organs

Hey,
    Thought I'd make a thread about this. I got a donar card a few years back, so as far as I'm concerned the doctors can take whatever they want when i die (if anything's still healthy lol). As for giving blood it seems pretty scarey. My sister asked me to go to her 9th or 10th blood donation to show me how it works, she said it'd be fine. The one day I decide to go they hook this drip thing up to her arm and give her this dog type toy to squeeze on so they can take the blood (how insulting, TAKE THIS BONE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR BLOOD). Anyway we then go the canteen and shecollapses. One of the doctors runs over with a pillow and another runs over to be of an assistance. So now I'm sat in the canteen with packed canteen still munching away on their food while my sisters laying on the ground having some fit whilst another doctor is screaming at her "EAT THE KITKAT". I tell you, that put me off.

Do you donate? have you had any strange problems like above happen before? Can you feel the blood pouring out of your body?

moderator alert Thread moved by Shar (Forum Moderator) from "Discuss Anything" as its better suited here!
    Last edited by Shar; 20-02-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

i don't think i'm allowed to donate blood because i've had sex with guys before... i'm not sure if i'm on the organ donor list but im sure i am you know i remember agreeing to it whilst applying for my provisional driving licence lmao.

regarding blood donation anyway i'm sure it's fine it'll probably hurt a bit and you might go a little light headed after but that's probably why your sis was on the floor and the doc was offering her the kitkat because it helps with your sugar levels.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    i don't think i'm allowed to donate blood because i've had sex with guys before... i'm not sure if i'm on the organ donor list but im sure i am you know i remember agreeing to it whilst applying for my provisional driving licence lmao.

regarding blood donation anyway i'm sure it's fine it'll probably hurt a bit and you might go a little light headed after but that's probably why your sis was on the floor and the doc was offering her the kitkat because it helps with your sugar levels.

WELL HERE IS ME THINKING OF A GOOD TOPIC BUT FORGET GAYS CANT GIVE BLOOD AND 95% OF THE PEOPLE USING THE FORUM ARE GAY.

/THREAD
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    WELL HERE IS ME THINKING OF A GOOD TOPIC BUT FORGET GAYS CANT GIVE BLOOD AND 95% OF THE PEOPLE USING THE FORUM ARE GAY.

/THREAD

LMFAO to make it sound nicer they say of course gays are welcome to give blood just can't of had sex with another guy ahahah love it

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meloneeze

Latest Awards:

I am soo confused...anyway

I think I know why they don't let minors donate...but I would have taken that KitKat if I was her...mmm kitkats...um..erm..anywayy..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I haven't had my blood taken before and I wouldn't mind doing it either. I think I am on the list for donating organs too

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Well I assume giving blood is basically the same as a blood test (but probably taking slightly more). If so, it would probably be nothing. Also you won't notice you had a fit if you had one, so don't let it put you off

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Hmm I'm a bit iffy with needles and blood, so its pretty much out of the question for me.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Needles and blood don't put me off at all. I have had to have a lot of blood drawn for tests and stuff so it's not that bothersome for me. I don't give blood because they are pushy about being gay and even though I know I have wonderful, clean blood I don't want to have to lie to them about being homosexual so I don't bother. I remember a health minister in the past raising the blood donor age to seventy and at the same time they went over how gay men can't give blood because a fifth of us are 'contaminated' with HIV / AIDS. I found that choice of word to be really offensive.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I need to start giving blood, think i'll sign up this year - do something good, i'm not concerned about needles anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mdna View Post
    Needles and blood don't put me off at all. I have had to have a lot of blood drawn for tests and stuff so it's not that bothersome for me. I don't give blood because they are pushy about being gay and even though I know I have wonderful, clean blood I don't want to have to lie to them about being homosexual so I don't bother. I remember a health minister in the past raising the blood donor age to seventy and at the same time they went over how gay men can't give blood because a fifth of us are 'contaminated' with HIV / AIDS. I found that choice of word to be really offensive.
    Well its a true health concern, and if it really is a fifth that are infected - thats frankly scary.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast