HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Can you provide some evidence of this if possible?

I think he was referring to Dave posting this. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...26#post7458526
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...20#post7442920

this is one i found extremely interesting, i have been edited for replying to a point flyingjesus made at my post and yet his post hasn't been edited yet his post is just a direct negative response to mine AS mine is to his?

in fairness, that post is probably borderline and could've got away or could be edited. but i just find it strange that in several occasions i have been edited yet flyingjesus hasn't. the forum filter avoidance where i said "dickwit" he said first, but managed not to get warned and i did.

are the rules different for him?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've received a couple of notes on pointless posting recently where my posts have been on topic. chris is just a power abuser. taken catzsys place

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bethie View Post
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...20#post7442920

this is one i found extremely interesting, i have been edited for replying to a point flyingjesus made at my post and yet his post hasn't been edited yet his post is just a direct negative response to mine AS mine is to his?

in fairness, that post is probably borderline and could've got away or could be edited. but i just find it strange that in several occasions i have been edited yet flyingjesus hasn't. the forum filter avoidance where i said "dickwit" he said first, but managed not to get warned and i did.

are the rules different for him?
    I fail to see what that post has to do with anything in the thread, or am I misunderstanding it?

Where did fj say that? We do miss things sometimes so it would be helpful if you used the report function when you see rule breaking posts.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I fail to see what that post has to do with anything in the thread, or am I misunderstanding it?

Where did fj say that? We do miss things sometimes so it would be helpful if you used the report function when you see rule breaking posts.
    well if that's the point, what does flyingjesus' point about me having bad taste having anything to do with the thread?

and i don't really like to report posts if i'm honest because if i see anymore edited posts i might scream.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bethie View Post
    well if that's the point, what does flyingjesus' point about me having bad taste having anything to do with the thread?

and i don't really like to report posts if i'm honest because if i see anymore edited posts i might scream.
    His post is on topic :S

If you don't want to report posts then we can't deal with things that may have been missed. You are talking like we are going on a modding spree for the hell of it, when in actual fact moderation is a whole lot calmer than it ever has been.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think "pointless posting" on Habbox is extremely rare on the face of things, but it's an extremely subjective rule that's overly-enforced. The whole point of a forum is to discuss and elaborate on other people's posts - if that means slightly straying from the topic: so be it. We want people to enjoy posting and we want an increase in posting; it's a win-win situation. Obviously if someone posts "lol" half-way through a thread, or starts talking about secularisation in a thread about zoos, then it's pointless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

His post is on topic :S

If you don't want to report posts then we can't deal with things that may have been missed. You are talking like we are going on a modding spree for the hell of it, when in actual fact moderation is a whole lot calmer than it ever has been.
    okay so if i wanted to just walk into this thread now and post saying hi chris yr a bad mod then that's on topic but then if someone replied to me with "lol what are you talking about" they're wrong?
    @Mathew is completely correct.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think threads should be allowed to develop. I remember being comps manager and a feedback thread completely unrelated to competitions moved onto competitions through a natural discussion where someone said something that triggered a conversation about something else and as a result, changes were made to the department. Scott's posted the rule and that seems to be covered so it's not really an issue with the rules but the moderators enforcing it that should be dealt with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Scott's posted the rule and that seems to be covered so it's not really an issue with the rules but the moderators enforcing it that should be dealt with.
    Moderation hasn't just changed over the course of a few months, its been done like this since I started so I really have no idea what this sudden problem is all about. If there is a problem with moderation though, then it should have been noticed by management a long time ago and dealt with sooner.
    Last edited by Chris; 17-03-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Glitzen

Latest Awards:

I only edit posts that need editing, and at the end of the day I'm only doing what I'm told and sticking to the forum rules. But thanks for the feedback. No point in everyone getting all uptight about it
    all i care about is laura prepon & cats.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast