HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Emo.

Tokens

Lmao... -Shakes head-

:rolleyes:

Tokens

Emo. 05-10-2005 10:25 AM Avoiding THe Filter

hahahahahahaha.
    A river a mountain to be crossed
    The sunshine in mountains sometimes lost
    Around the south side so cold that we cried
    Were we ever colder on that day a million
    Miles away
    It seemed from all eternity

Tokens

Excuse the spam but....

:s

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by UntoldLies
    Ahh, to end this madness, everyone has different opinouns, to the person who said "its the same type of music" Well, im sorry but its not, hardcore, isnt emotional. Look it up for yourslef. But i guess thats only in MY opinoun.
    You missunderstood my point. The bands in the category "Emo" wont change wether its "hardcore" or "emotional". If someone finds out jimmy eat world isnt "emotional", but rather "Emotive hardcore", does that mean the person wont listen to it anymore now that its called "hardcore". If you ever listen to a song, think its good, look it up and it turns out its labled emo, and you all of a sudden dont like it, you are pathetic. My point wasent argueing the actuall definition of "Emotional" or "Emotive" but rather it doesnt change the music that is already under "Emo". If you dont listen to a band that deep down you like inside, just because of what it is labled, check yourself into a mental institution.

We shouldnt be argueing this at all. Why are we? I dont know where the term "Rock n' Roll" directly came from, but that doesnt mean I dont know what it is, or that I dont like it. Where did the name "rap" come from? Who cares? Its music you idiots. How about instead of listening to eachother calling a music genre stupid or label eachother, how about we listen to music, because I think thats the point of it.

Tokens

Are you using Jimmy as an example of Emo music.. :s

And.. I agree totally. It's like.. Take for instance,

Emokid: Oh I think I'll make myspace, that seems the emo thing to do nowadays

Emokid: Oh hmmm -RubsChin- It says I need to name some music..

EmoKid: *looks at a few of the emo scenesters myspace music list* ..*writes down* *puts in his/her music list*

Emokid: Ahh, now I must be cool !

...And I'm sure alot of people are going to disagree with me here, but I do know alot of people who do that, and if i ask them .. for instance, what song they like, they'll say "Well.. errmm.. I dont listen to them THAT much.."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Iluminations
    Are you using Jimmy as an example of Emo music.. :s

And.. I agree totally. It's like.. Take for instance,

Emokid: Oh I think I'll make myspace, that seems the emo thing to do nowadays

Emokid: Oh hmmm -RubsChin- It says I need to name some music..

EmoKid: *looks at a few of the emo scenesters myspace music list* ..*writes down* *puts in his/her music list*

Emokid: Ahh, now I must be cool !

...And I'm sure alot of people are going to disagree with me here, but I do know alot of people who do that, and if i ask them .. for instance, what song they like, they'll say "Well.. errmm.. I dont listen to them THAT much.."
    Haha, I dont know what they are, they just poped into my head. Just an example, I dont care/know/want to know what they are, because no matter what they are, Id still listen to them.

Tokens

Ah, Nevermind then.

And I just noticed you have myspace too, ..So I didn't mean to use you as an exmaple, just in case you thought I was. :p

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Iluminations
    Ah, Nevermind then.

And I just noticed you have myspace too, ..So I didn't mean to use you as an exmaple, just in case you thought I was. :p
    Lol, its ok. I put all the bands Ive listened to lately on my page. Haha, I dont know what label people think of me as really, I dont look like anything specific, really:p I know its wrong wrong to label, but its done.

Tokens

I told my mate what it means shes like No it isnt! > -.-'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is the definition of 'emo' from wikipedia pleasee ;

Initially, the term "emo" was an abbreviation of "emocore", itself short for "emotional hardcore", and was coined to describe the music of the mid-1980s DC scene and its associated bands. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, Beefeater, Grey Matter, Fire Party and slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term "emo" largely reflected the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate, and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock brand of emo, which was more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the end of the 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted their style to the mainstream.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker "emo" within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term "emo" was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.

In all of its forms, emo music generally shares some of the same concepts: personal, meaningful lyrics, usually of an introspective nature, and a deep connection with a band's audience.
    ----

I think MANY people have actually lost the meaning of emo. But yeah, go wikipedia