HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Default How to feel more awake in the morning

Whenever I wake up before 11am I feel so tired I'm on the verge of being sick. I've been to the doctor's who can't find anything physically wrong with me :|

What could help? I have insomnia so I find it really hard to sleep before 2am.

I've tried opening the window as soon as I wake up, having a cold shower (which makes me feel worse) and drinking **** loads of coffee. Help? :/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always find a walk wakes me up. I used to walk to school/college for this reason even though I could've got a bus. Not sure if it works for everyone but it's something you could try.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I already replied to your thread on the other forum but whatever.

You could try splashing your face with cold water, a warm shower, having a good breakfast, setting an alarm for a bit earlier then you're getting up so you can wake up rather than getting out straight away. Going to bed at a decent time can help also, I know you said you have insomnia so that might not be easy but if you try and start to wind down for sleep early, maybe having a bath, getting into your pjs and getting into bed with a book or something, it might help you feel a bit sleepy.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Insomnia isn't when you find it hard to sleep before 2am. People are too quick to labels themselves as insomniacs these days. You just need to adjust your sleeping pattern or get used to waking up early with little sleep. I used to be really tired in the morning unless I got a good seven hours, but over the years I've just been reducing the amount of sleep I get and now I'm okay with around four or five. Otherwise if you want to force yourself to wake up then have a shower or slap yourself in the face or buy some smelling salts or something.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

cold shower and a long walk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

i usually find listening to music wakes me up in the morning, perhaps listen to it in the shower or when you're getting ready?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiracy. View Post
    I have insomnia so I find it really hard to sleep before 2am.
    that isn't insomnia. that's just not sleeping before 2am. i always find that if i force myself to get up early and have a coffee (early being 6am) even with <4 hours sleep, I feel tired when I next go to bed; you'll find your sleep length and quality improves if you follow a routine.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

If you class yourself as having insomnia then god knows what I have! Like others have said though, that isn't insomnia. When I have to get up I just do it, I always feel so disorientated in the mornings but after I've been singing to a bit of music and having a bit of a cheeky dance by myself I feel great!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    that isn't insomnia. that's just not sleeping before 2am.
    Technically that's a mild form of insomnia (Assuming they're attempting to sleep before 2AM that is..)

If you're genuinely struggling to sleep you might be able to get your doctor to prescribe you something to help you. I suspect the "sickness" type dealio is likely due to an alarm forcing you up or something similar, if a body wakes up due to sunlight or being well rested you'll feel wide awake when you get up. Try to wake your self up slowly instead. The main thing that needs sorting though is your heart rate, go for a walk or do some light exercises and that should wake you up. Caffeine really doesn't help with this sort of thing to be honest.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 03-04-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Remember insomnia, remember chairman Mao!!

moderator alert Edited by Lee (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly
    Last edited by Lee; 04-04-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast