HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Want to help develop a new social networking website?

Hey,
    As some of you might know, i'm putting together this site
    www.yearbookuk.com
    its a social networking site more tipped onto the 'Educational' Side of connecting with freinds
    So far some of my plans have been done thanks to my good freind Ryan Forbes. But my dream for this site is so that students can upload. pictures, videos and even post 'Diary Entries' and look back at different ones as the years progress
    i already have a small team of 7. (2 Admins, 2 Head Moderators, 2 Moderators, 1 Chief Technical officer) And im looking to expand this will be voluntry work (so no pay) but people that help out will get an offer of a permanent job (whether they will take the offer is up to them) and will get every single ounce of credit for any of their creations.
    it don't have to be coding. like our CTO he helps with the marketing and reports etc so he gets credit for that plus he got his job.
    Plus on the bright side if this site did kick off you would start to get paid

My theory is that facebook will have its day. i mean come on facebook can't rule the world forever? a new site could take its throne? could that be yearbookuk? you decide!

So thank you all
    I hope to see you involved with not just my project. but who ever joins in! its a family project lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think 'blogs' might be better than 'Diary Entries' if you are looking at the older range of students, that's just me though! It seems a cool idea though but what's different to others such as thestudentroom may I ask?

However, good luck with it! I can't really be involved but I hope you do well .

Tokens
    Habbo
    Maatt.

Latest Awards:

My only opinion is to change the name, people from outside the UK will not join.

Looks good tho.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Maatt. View Post
    My only opinion is to change the name, people from outside the UK will not join.

Looks good tho.
    That was my first choice but all the good names like Yearbook.com/.co.uk etc were taking
    i wanted to go for RememberMe.com but its taken

---------- Post added 02-05-2012 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I think 'blogs' might be better than 'Diary Entries' if you are looking at the older range of students, that's just me though! It seems a cool idea though but what's different to others such as thestudentroom may I ask?

However, good luck with it! I can't really be involved but I hope you do well .
    My aim is to make it different but i would need help from other coders that way different idea's etc from other coders, designers etc will make us stand out more.
    but my aim is to make a new social networking revolution.
    facebook cant last for ever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Facebook is clean, simple, easy to use, cutting egde and has stupid amounts of users. I don't mean to put a downer on things but if Google can't do it, no one can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pegle

Latest Awards:

www.buddyweb.me is a social networking site owned by a friend of mine.

There was also a local newspaper article about it. 2,000 new members a day and rising. It's much better than facebook, it just needs more publicity.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeicing View Post
    My aim is to make it different but i would need help from other coders that way different idea's etc from other coders, designers etc will make us stand out more.
    but my aim is to make a new social networking revolution.
    facebook cant last for ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Owen!: View Post
    www.buddyweb.me is a social networking site owned by a friend of mine.

There was also a local newspaper article about it. 2,000 new members a day and rising. It's much better than facebook, it just needs more publicity.
    The problem really is that everyone is on Facebook and a lot of people these days would rather use one service than have to use multiple. I'm looking at creating a social side for my radio, kind of like a community but to run something that's primarily just a social network is tricky at the moment. Although MySpace used to be big so you never know.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    The problem really is that everyone is on Facebook and a lot of people these days would rather use one service than have to use multiple. I'm looking at creating a social side for my radio, kind of like a community but to run something that's primarily just a social network is tricky at the moment. Although MySpace used to be big so you never know.
    Yea but you have to push for what you believe in so if i never get this site up how does anyone know its future? thats why im going to try besides im renaming it and im getting iDenning to redesign it.
    All should be ready by the end of this week or saturday/sunday.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Seriously have fun with it, learn from it, just don't put money into it because its just not going to take off.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't listen to people who say it'll come of nothing. Look at FB. He was pissing about, creating a crappy social site and now wheres he's got to.

Don't let people knock back hope, the most richest people are where they are today for starting at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast