HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sessions and c

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by froobe View Post
    Sorry for attempting to help you out with better methods to do things.
    Being able to load modules for a system is hardly useless, so I don't see how telling me not to do it is a better method.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If I'm taking this the right way.... (aimed at froobe)

It doesn't matter who is reading your code or where it's implemented, it should ALWAYS be modular. When you end up with pages and pages of code in one or two files you're doing something terribly wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think he means modules in the sense of Python, Ruby, etc. modules but rather he has the standard implementation of some code and then people can install addons that modify the original implementation. If I were doing this I'd use the observer pattern and use the factory pattern to create the appropriate observable classes and add the observers from the addons (could parse some xml file or something to get what observers in an addon need to be added to what class)

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    If I'm taking this the right way.... (aimed at froobe)

It doesn't matter who is reading your code or where it's implemented, it should ALWAYS be modular. When you end up with pages and pages of code in one or two files you're doing something terribly wrong...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hmm, I think I need to read in this a little, thankfully I just got a book on classes and objects and it's got a massive section(s) on design patterns.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

From what I comprehend he wants a "modular" system which is similar to the way vBulletin does hooks. Yes, you should code modular systems but when you're loading your own code into your own code why not just put the normal code there? Who says the core can't be edited?
    blob

Tokens

Latest Awards:

jesus ******* christ, I've already said TWICE
    (For fun/practise)
    I'm hardly practising adding hooks and stuff if I don't actually add hooks. because "just edit the core".
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

I didn't realise people got so stressed about other people trying to help. Wasn't like I was insulting you, only just a different way to do it? Jesus Christ.
    blob

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It wasn't a different way of doing it, you were basically telling me not to do it.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

It wasn't a different way of doing it, you were basically telling me not to do it.
    I'm pretty sure in there I did suggest a different method as well?
    blob

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by froobe View Post
    I'm pretty sure in there I did suggest a different method as well?
    yes, the method was telling me not to do what I was trying to specifically achieve. COMPLETELY USELESS.
    Chippiewill.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast