HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sessions and c

Tokens

You're so ignorant, you say you don't know "whether it's the best/most efficient way to do it" yet you have a go at people for helping you? My suggestion was a static method which makes more sense as it means not only do you have to keep track of what variable you have assigned a new class to, you also don't have to initiate a new class.

I think I'll pass in replying to your regular expressions thread, just purely because you're naive and ignorant.
    blob

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pension

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Srsly?

Read posts properly in future, I'd already explained every query you've made.
    Seriously? He's trying to help you and you're being a ****?

robbie // pension.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm already well aware of the problems with PHP. But let's pretend for a second that I'm not yet in a position to pick up new languages on a whim and that 90% of the code running websites on the internet is PHP. Could you give reasonable help?

Also I'd rather pick up C++ and then ..
    I hope to God that you were joking about the 90% thing...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    I hope to God that you were joking about the 90% thing...
    Exaggeration slightly, but it's certainly the majority.

---------- Post added 16-05-2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by froobe View Post
    yet you have a go at people for helping you?
    The overall aim is to add a way to add hooks and override classes in the script and your fantastic help is to tell me not to add hooks or override classes. How is that even meant to be helpful?
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Slightly? Basically what you're saying is 90% of the web is PHP which leaves 10% for these:

ASP
    ColdFusion
    CGI
    Groovy
    Java, e.g. Java EE or WebObjects
    Perl
    Python
    Ruby
    Smalltalk
    SSJS
    WebDNA
    Websphere
    .NET

You classify all of the web usage of those as 10%? Look at the most popular websites... what do you see them running on? Other than a few (Facebook uses PHP compiled down to C++, Youtube migrated over to Python in most instances), PHP is definitely not 90% out of all the websites that are in operation today.

It may be a popular language, but saying something like that is ignorant.

Tokens

The overall aim is to add a way to add hooks and override classes in the script and your fantastic help is to tell me not to add hooks or override classes. How is that even meant to be helpful?
    Quote Originally Posted by froobe View Post
    My suggestion was a static method which makes more sense as it means not only do you have to keep track of what variable you have assigned a new class to, you also don't have to initiate a new class.
    And you said I didn't read.
    blob

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Slightly? Basically what you're saying is 90% of the web is PHP which leaves 10% for these:
    http://w3techs.com/technologies/hist...mming_language

Ten percentage points extra, sue me.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The funny thing is:

PHP is used by many sites with low level traffic vs. fewer sites with high level traffic. This takes into account every grandmother's site who installs Wordpress on it as well as any site using things like MediaWiki and Magento. Facebook uses PHP but it's compiled down to C++. That's the #1 on the PHP statistics so that's kinda wrong.

I'd like to see statistics for sites that are custom and not a package solution, remove all of those (for all languages) and those statistics would be interesting.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

-snip-
    I'm fully aware of that, but that's not what I said. I said 90% of the websites, not 90% of the custom code.

I'm very aware that popular sites running custom code tend not to use PHP.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 18-05-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234