HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pains in leg

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Pains in leg

Has anyone had this before?
    I've had it for about a year now and it comes in periods. Like I'll have it loads in one go and then it'll stop then happen again.
    It's as though my whole right leg tenses up an cramps, its so painful and make it so I cat move my leg.
    It'll happen for like a week or two at a time then stop for a week then do it again. It's worse in the morning, at night as when I sit down for log periods of time as well as when I do exercise.

I'm on the pill so I dont know if that's the reason.
    I saw my doctor a few weeks ago and he sent me do blood tests and said if there's nothing wrong with the blood tests then im fine but in pretty sure not man people get pains like this :/

Anyone had it before or know anyone that has that's got it sorted?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Are you sporty? If so are you cooling down correctly with the correct exercises as lactic acid can cause a similar pain. It would occur on the basic you did the sports so that could explain the weird periods of time it shows itself.

Lack of salt, water and potassium also causes cramps and again it can be down to lack of them in your diet during a certain period that would cause the irregular occasion of pain to arise.

If you sit at a computer/sofa a lot of the time, try to get up and do regular walks. The cramps could be down to bad circulation not getting to your leg and you should keep doing exercises, even if sitting down, to prevent cramps or even blood clots. Being your age, blood clots aren't really anything to worry about though.

But I mean there are tons of possible reasons, injury that you may or may not have been aware of that may have affected/damaged a nerve that sometimes gets shook about causing the pain.

The best plan I would do (and trust me, I have had many broken bones, torn ligaments, illnesses so I know the best way to tackle this) would be to go to your doctor, tell him it is affecting your daily life and ask for a referral to the appropriate department, most likely physiotherapy but it's a start.

But like I said, if your bloods came back fine then you can usually rule out anything problematic. But do ask your parents if there is any history of weak lungs/blood clots/poor blood circulation because this can be causing the cramps if your right leg isn't getting enough blood, most likely through your femoral artery or deep vein thrombosis.

I'm sure everything will be ok but these days, you have to go to your doctor, put your foot down and don't leave until you have taken a step further to getting it sorted.

Signs that you need to go to the doctor or call NHS Direct on 0845 4647 would most likely be:
    Calf Pain
    Leg Swelling
    Unusual warmth in the leg
    More pain when the leg is hanging down

But my overall view on this is that your leg is constantly spasming and you need to get some physiotherapy or hydrotherapy, depending on what would work best. I've tried them both and hydrotherapy worked best for me with back, knee and leg problems.

Best of luck
    Last edited by efq; 14-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thank you
    I'll make another appointment then and hopefully they'll do something.
    I don't really do 'regular' excercise, well I go to my horse twice a week and ride ect. But I usually walk about a mile to school each day an managed to walk about 5 miles on Saturday so that might be why it's so bad now.

I'll also try the warming up thing,

Thank you for the advice. C

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but i normally get really bad cramps in my leg, my leg tenses up and i get sharp pains. It feels like my leg is going to explode. This sounds really stupid but I've noticed that eating bananas every day / second day stops it from happening.

@efq;
    them websites are normally useless. They give you the worst possible outcome. If you search 'Pains in arm' the first thing it tells you is you're having a heart attack. Sure it's a symptom but now anyone who has a cramp in their arm think they're having a heart attack. Whatever you do @alcopop; don't google it because I guarantee it will tell you your leg is falling off or you have a blood clot.
    Last edited by Richie; 15-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

eat more fruit and pickles

Tokens
    Habbo
    swearwolf

Latest Awards:

i have it a lot in my leg kinda goes a painful "dead" i had it in my hand earlier last week too, doctors told me its something skeletal muscular n just have painkillers. the way ive found to relieve the leg pain is put it up high (on a table) higher than heart level til it goes COMPLETELY dead, this allows all the blood out the muscles relax then stand slowly n it returns, stopping any blocks or so
    no

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same thing but i normally get really bad cramps in my leg, my leg tenses up and i get sharp pains. It feels like my leg is going to explode. This sounds really stupid but I've noticed that eating bananas every day / second day stops it from happening.

@efq;
    them websites are normally useless. They give you the worst possible outcome. If you search 'Pains in arm' the first thing it tells you is you're having a heart attack. Sure it's a symptom but now anyone who has a cramp in their arm think they're having a heart attack. Whatever you do @alcopop; don't google it because I guarantee it will tell you your leg is falling off or you have a blood clot.
    I understand that, but we wouldn't have known if she knew of an obvious family medical history that may have linked to them so I just wanted to bring it up incase. As I said in the end, I thought it was probably cramping or spasming.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

I do get random on and off leg pains myself. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem though, however doubt its as serious as what uve said, as mine is just like jolting constant pain down leg for a few minutes. ;p

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pipette View Post
    I do get random on and off leg pains myself. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem though, however doubt its as serious as what uve said, as mine is just like jolting constant pain down leg for a few minutes. ;p
    WELL IM NOT YOU AM I
    im not talking about pathetic 'jolting' pains.
    its pains where i cant move my leg for hours.
    the only thing stronger than fear is hope

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alcopop View Post
    WELL IM NOT YOU AM I
    im not talking about pathetic 'jolting' pains.
    its pains where i cant move my leg for hours.
    Doctors evidently then, since that needs checking out ;o , + i was just comparing to make a point that you evidently have a serious problem that needs checking out x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast