HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Default Is Apple Psychic

NOTE: Do not move this thread. It has no belonging in any Habbo glitch section because the issue has nothing to do with Habbo's hand in things. The email involved in this example is simply one from Habbo France by coincidence.

Right,

I have quite a few Apple (@me.com) emails. A couple of these I have had for a long time when they were still @mac.com, some are from the paid subscription release of MobileMe that I paid for and there are also two that I have created since the release of iCloud where anyone with an iDevice can more or less create them for free. That frustrates me considering the hundreds I have spent on subscriptions before but that is not the point here.

I had one main email for totally safe and boring stuff — including Habbo France emails — and this was the only Apple email that was ever on my Habbo France account. Let's call it '[email protected]'. I got all stuff for Habbo France there like friend request emails and promotion emails. In this case, it was the email you get when someone sends you a gift and you are offline.

Hello, [email protected]

Ton perso Habbo jasey a reçu un cadeau surprise d'une personne qui t'apprécie. Ce petit mot était sur le paquet cadeau: "Je suis bête j'ai boulier de te répondre! Oui sa va! Tu me manques aussi!"

Entre dans Habbo pour ouvrir ton cadeau!
    Notice that that in the body of the email it is referenced as being sent to the [email protected] address as it should have been. That's where the problem starts. It didn't go to that email inbox. I have a totally unrelated and very new (couple days old) Apple email account that we shall call '[email protected]'. Nothing is registered to it. It wasn't even created on the same device or ever accessed from a device that recognised the [email protected] email. However, that is where that email from Habbo arrived. It did not appear in the inbox of [email protected]. It was not duplicated. Only one copy was sent and this copy was sent to [email protected].

I double checked my preferences on Habbo France. There is only one email on the account and I have no other separate IDs with the new email. There is no way for Habbo to know that this email even exists so that is why this is going in this section and not something Habbo related. I guess my question is pretty obvious. Why is an email that was addressed to [email protected] somehow ending up in [email protected]? They were never connected and there is no reason for the emails to get mixed up. Furthermore, I have logged on to many of the other emails from the same devices before and weird email sends like this have never happened between the other Apple email accounts.

I mean, either I am completely missing something obvious here through my overthinking or this is a crazy glitch. Any insight? Again, I don't know if it has to do with rules here or not but the email addresses used in this post are not real to this situation, not mine and clearly examples. No personal information going on here.

Cheers!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Could be a spoof email, perhaps.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion
    *oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £195.73 1 £195.73
    *ordered.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

not sure if i think apple is psychic as such, though they definately do seem to take advantage through put it in a way that won't get me into any sorta situations, "Other non savoury means".

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes, apple are psychic.

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flisker View Post
    Could be a spoof email, perhaps.
    It's not. It was sent directly from the same path that every other Habbo email was.

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    yes, apple are psychic.
    Thanks for your help, Akieeiym.