HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 135 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2344
    Tokens

Nah you don't use a password, thought it'd really put people off and it'd be a safety problem. It really is just a simple chat room, i mean there's bits i'd iron out and make more exciting, and i'd change the graphics on it, but it isn't really a permanent thing (hopefully!)

Getting off topic now anyway haha!
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Oh dear, he's one of them - I R the cyba polis! One of those 'Let's attack a website because it doesn't agree with me' sort of people. The idiot doesn't understand the word bias and what a report is. They should just ignore him, he's an imbesile.

Most of that message was stupid - his supermarket example was ridiculously bad
    I chose to attack them after 48hours of being ignored by Channel4 staff - I want them to see my point that all of the internet is awful and dangerous for children.
    Targeting Habbo is/was wrong, and Channel4 have cost an innocent company thousands.

Also I spent 15mins writing that message before going off to see Prometheus, didn't have time to think of good analogy... and you don't think it's bias to interview an ex Habbo staff in regards to a Habbo case and then not tell people they're ex-Habbo staff that were recently sacked?
    I think it is YOU that does not understand the word bias.
    - Alex (Shenk).

EDIT: Also... I'm hosting a small netbot on my site, I'm not doing the DDoS... my site fans are.
    Last edited by vito201-:D; 14-06-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    Apparently I am not allowed to advertise my site any longer. T_T
    - Alex (Shenk).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can't edit... but I suppose I should also mention that, despite knowledge of botnets and having access to a 10k UNIX server for a number of years...
    I have NEVER DDoS'd anything before in my life. I do this only because I wish Channel4 to show parents the real picture instead of this bizarre targetted attack on a single MMOCC.

And I'm not actually using my servers to DDoS anything either... I'm letting my fans click a link if they wanna help piss off Channel4 - my intent is only to make the site laggy (So they take notice of the attack origin), not to close it.
    - Alex (Shenk).
    Last edited by vito201-:D; 14-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    - Alex (Shenk).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Interesting that apparently owning a Twitter account instantly makes a CEO great. As nice as it is to see customer relations in action, he is a very lousy CEO. I would rather a CEO that took control of his ship rather than a CEO that smiles and looks pretty while it is sinking. He allowed these things to go on, and clearly is too big-headed to understand the seriousness of the situation. His Tweets when the report came out and the ones he soon deleted after it was apparent he was a twit are evidence of this. Having a Twitter Account does not improve customer relations, getting your staff involved too is equally as important. He's running a community directed game, being accountable is one of the most obvious steps in running a site like Habbo. In happened in the past, he's just brought it back (and in the past there were no serious offenses as there are now).

Yes all the things in the list are huge improvements, but they are window dressing to the actual problems. Don't forget he has seen:

- Good moderators being kicked out and cheaper ones brought in
    - 2 users convicted as paedophiles
    - A highly damaging report as to the dark side of Habbo
    - 25%+ of investment shares wiped off the board

These are real, important things. Not some pixel horse that people ogle at.

Quote Originally Posted by vito201-:D View Post
    Can't edit... but I suppose I should also mention that, despite knowledge of botnets and having access to a 10k UNIX server for a number of years...
    I have NEVER DDoS'd anything before in my life. I do this only because I wish Channel4 to show parents the real picture instead of this bizarre targetted attack on a single MMOCC.

And I'm not actually using my servers to DDoS anything either... I'm letting my fans click a link if they wanna help piss off Channel4 - my intent is only to make the site laggy (So they take notice of the attack origin), not to close it.
    - Alex (Shenk).
    Ego trip much?

You also answered my question - of course they're going to be biased interviewing ex-employees. They know what Habbo was and is like. Bias is one of the central premises of reporting news. It got the message out that Habbo isn't an innocent site and it needs checking, and it looks like Habbo are now changing their ways. It's better this than some narcissist going cyber nuclear on a site they do not agree with, because that's obviously mature and civil. They probably ignored you for the very reason most people ignore DDoS'ers (which strangely rhymes with a T word).
    Last edited by GommeInc; 15-06-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It looks like they've taken Bobba Bar down too - it comes up with an error if you try to access the app.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ego trip much?

You also answered my question - of course they're going to be biased interviewing ex-employees. They know what Habbo was and is like. Bias is one of the central premises of reporting news. It got the message out that Habbo isn't an innocent site and it needs checking, and it looks like Habbo are now changing their ways. It's better this than some narcissist going cyber nuclear on a site they do not agree with, because that's obviously mature and civil. They probably ignored you for the very reason most people ignore DDoS'ers (which strangely rhymes with a T word).
    An ego trip to admit to never DDoSing anyone despite having access to servers capable of such an attack? ;S Also admitting my current attack is tiny and has no intention of shutting the site down?... I don't understand...

And you don't believe news should not be bias? That it should try to protect our children to the full extent possible without resorting to targeting a specific company that actually do quite well in regards to moderation...

I am no DDoSer, I am a man that wants the internet to be safer for kids... I want parents to sit their child down and talk to them about the online word... Habbo is not the problem, the internet is... Habbo is safer than, for example, YouTube which is flooded with horrific cases of cyberrape/bullying/stalking/paedophilliac-comments etc...

If you really think my argument is wrong, your wrong... feel free to disagree with my method though, because I disagree with DDoSing to some extent also.
    - Alex (Shenk).
    Last edited by vito201-:D; 15-06-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    - Alex (Shenk).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

- Good moderators being kicked out and cheaper ones brought in
    - 2 users convicted as paedophiles
    - A highly damaging report as to the dark side of Habbo
    - 25%+ of investment shares wiped off the board
    I'm sure one of those people convicted was before LaFo? O.o Or I could just be confusing myself with a hacking story lol.

I'm not admitting that a Twitter account makes him "great", because quite frankly millions have a Twitter account. It just shows that he's more "open" to interacting with the community compared to the previous CEO. would you have rather had the old CEO continue with the regime of staff becoming less active on the hotel and communication literally vanishing, or is it better to see an "easier" (even though it's worse than staff not using the hotel) method to keep in contact.

I do agree that a large amount of stuff he posts just avoids important issues (hence the global mute) and the issue regarding him deleting tweets and pretending they never existed is ridiculous.

Also, during the past few days he's only been Tweeting late at night? I see no harm in doing that if it's in his own personal hours. If he does it at about 3pm in the day for a few hours, then yes that's quite foolish and does show lack of control.

As much as a pixel horse isn't great (and they're really not, pets aren't that interesting), it still gathered a lot of attention from users and I imagine would have caused a lot more people to purchase credits for all these horse accessories and what not. They also did donate $10,000 to a charity at the end of the day (yeah I suppose that's not very good from a business aspect but from an ethical aspect it was).

I do agree with your point about moderation and did state he failed miserably there. I'm slightly surprised at your 3rd point though, do you think that Channel 4 wouldn't have done this report with the old CEO then?
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

An ego trip to admit to never DDoSing anyone despite having access to servers capable of such an attack? ;S Also admitting my current attack is tiny and has no intenetion of shutting the site down?... I don't understand...

And you don't believe news should not be bias? That it should try to protect our children to the full extent possible without resorting to targeting a specific company that actually do quite well in regards to moderation...

I am no DDoSer, I am a man that wants the internet to be safer for kids... I want parents to sit their child down and talk to them about the online word... Habbo is not the problem, the internet is... Habbo is safer than, for example, YouTube which is flooded with horrific cases of cyberrape/bullying/stalking/paedophilliac-comments etc...

If you really think my argument is wrong, your wrong... feel free to disagree with my method though, because I disagree with DDoSing to some extent also.
    - Alex (Shenk).
    "I chose to attack them after 48hours of being ignored by Channel4 staff - I want them to see my point that all of the internet is awful and dangerous for children."

It's all you, you, you. "My point" and how "you're" being ignored. Tell tale signs of ego tripping, and you openly admit that you support DDoS'ing, a rather petty last resort for an individual or a small group of individuals who want attention because someone or something is encroaching on their personal views or beliefs.

As far as I can tell, the media has helped children be protected by reporting on the dark side of Habbo - Habbo are afterall fixing these issues. Shockingly, it took this report for them to finally admit there are problems.

DDoS'ing will not teach parents to learn about the internet or Habbo. It's not an interest of theirs and they weren't taught it when they were in school. The Government can not be expected to force parents to sit down and learn about Facebook and Habbo - most parents probably do not know their child is on Habbo and are probably blissfully unaware that the very news report on C4 (assuming they watch C4) involves them - the reactions by some members on here suggest that they've not told their parents, and why should they? Some children/teenagers enjoy their privacy.

And your closing statement supports the claim you're ego tripping, and a bit of a narcissist.

*Spoiler contains extra information that I may as well copy and paste, due to the lack of understanding of different sites, demographics, business models etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    I do agree with your point about moderation and did state he failed miserably there. I'm slightly surprised at your 3rd point though, do you think that Channel 4 wouldn't have done this report with the old CEO then?
    If it was brought to their attention then they probably would of done the report either way. It's not helped the current CEO selling out and putting profit before people. If the old CEO was equally as lousy then they too would be a rubbish CEO
    Last edited by GommeInc; 15-06-2012 at 12:36 AM.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"I chose to attack them after 48hours of being ignored by Channel4 staff - I want them to see my point that all of the internet is awful and dangerous for children."

It's all you, you, you. "My point" and how "you're" being ignored. Tell tale signs of ego tripping, and you openly admit that you support DDoS'ing, a rather petty last resort for an individual or a small group of individuals who want attention because someone or something is encroaching on their personal views or beliefs.

As far as I can tell, the media has helped children be protected by reporting on the dark side of Habbo - Habbo are afterall fixing these issues. Shockingly, it took this report for them to finally admit there are problems.

DDoS'ing will not teach parents to learn about the internet or Habbo. It's not an interest of theirs and they weren't taught it when they were in school. The Government can not be expected to force parents to sit down and learn about Facebook and Habbo - most parents probably do not know their child is on Habbo and are probably blissfully unaware that the very news report on C4 (assuming they watch C4) involves them - the reactions by some members on here suggest that they've not told their parents, and why should they? Some children/teenagers enjoy their privacy.

And your closing statement supports the claim you're ego tripping, and a bit of a narcissist.

*Spoiler contains extra information that I may as well copy and paste, due to the lack of understanding of different sites, demographics, business models etc. etc.

If it was brought to their attention then they probably would of done the report either way. It's not helped the current CEO selling out and putting profit before people. If the old CEO was equally as lousy then they too would be a rubbish CEO
    I can’t talk from anyone else’s point of view, I hold my own beliefs… but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that most people want kids to be safe online?... Maybe not the paedophiles, no… but surely most?... Maybe your just some paedo and I'm encroaching on your beliefs, if so, I'm sorry.

As I said on my site: Think of it not, as a DDoS, think of it as a ringing phone… I’m simply ringing Channel4 until they answer… once I have my answer, I will stop ringing.
    I honestly am doing them no damage what so ever… but they did a hell of a lot of damage to Habbo, and they didn’t need to… I’m not saying YouTube and Habbo are similar… I’m saying ALL OF THE INTERNET IS FULL OF SICK TWISTED INDIVIDUALS… because it is.

Parents will now think that the internet is safe as long as their kids don’t play Habbo/MMOCCs… leaving MMORPGs/Facebook/YouTube/etc as “safe”… they are simply not… Channel4 should have done a report of cybersex, not a report on an individual case of cybersex – it is unethical to cost a company this much money by making it sound like the ONLY problem… they could’ve mentioned it in their report… “Sites like Habbo have been found to contain users posting messages of a graphic sexual nature”.

And your point just makes my point more valid... most parents may not know what their child does online - but surely a large majority know if their child GOES online?... So do a news report saying "If your child goes online, talk to them, look how unsafe it is"... not a bizarre attack on one single company, like I have said.

I really don't understand your problem with me to be honest, trying to flame someone with the same general belief as you... seems a bit weird... is it because your some newb that joined in August 2004?... You newbie!!! ^-^
    - Alex (Shenk).
    - Alex (Shenk).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can’t talk from anyone else’s point of view, I hold my own beliefs… but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that most people want kids to be safe online?... Maybe not the paedophiles, no… but surely most?... Maybe your just some paedo and I'm encroaching on your beliefs, if so, I'm sorry.

As I said on my site: Think of it not, as a DDoS, think of it as a ringing phone… I’m simply ringing Channel4 until they answer… once I have my answer, I will stop ringing.
    I honestly am doing them no damage what so ever… but they did a hell of a lot of damage to Habbo, and they didn’t need to… I’m not saying YouTube and Habbo are similar… I’m saying ALL OF THE INTERNET IS FULL OF SICK TWISTED INDIVIDUALS… because it is.

Parents will now think that the internet is safe as long as their kids don’t play Habbo/MMOCCs… leaving MMORPGs/Facebook/YouTube/etc as “safe”… they are simply not… Channel4 should have done a report of cybersex, not a report on an individual case of cybersex – it is unethical to cost a company this much money by making it sound like the ONLY problem… they could’ve mentioned it in their report… “Sites like Habbo have been found to contain users posting messages of a graphic sexual nature”.

And your point just makes my point more valid... most parents may not know what their child does online - but surely a large majority know if their child GOES online?... So do a news report saying "If your child goes online, talk to them, look how unsafe it is"... not a bizarre attack on one single company, like I have said.

I really don't understand your problem with me to be honest, trying to flame someone with the same general belief as you... seems a bit weird... is it because your some newb that joined in August 2004?... You newbie!!! ^-^
    - Alex (Shenk).
    So DDoS'ing? Call it what you like, it's still DDoS'ing... The fact you admit to it when you stated you are against it makes you all the more worrying to talk to.

Your patronising, narcissistic tone simply does not work with me as you are only further deluding yourself with images of self-grandeur and proving your ignorance. Everyone agrees that Habbo and the internet is unsafe, and for a site like Habbo that targets pre-teens and teens it's all the more worrying, considering how Facebook and Twitter operate more efficiently and quickly. Are you saying Habbo could continue operating with virtually no moderation? They're clearly incapable of doing it themselves. If they were, maybe their investors would remain loyal unlike their fanbase.

Also, my views are different to yours. I don't resort to petty cyber attacks when my views come under fire, form rubbish arguments that change and then accuse people of being paedophiles, and newbies when these clearly flawed arguments go wrong... :rolleyes:

EDIT: With regards to the bit in bold. Errr, no...
    Last edited by GommeInc; 15-06-2012 at 01:08 AM.