HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Oh gawney haha. Now the mute after saying one word makes sense but as Mathew said, why are they still promoting flirting, dating etc? Should be a wakeup call to hire better moderation.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well this will be fun to watch... LOL

Tokens

Latest Awards:

(lol actually sticking up for Sulake here)

I don't think this is a very "fair" report(s) to be quite honest, Sulake can't really do a lot more to start controlling this. Admittedly they shouldn't begin to advertising "flirting", dating or marriage for Habbo because people usually will get the idea that they can associate sex in all of it, if they're allowed to flirt why can't they take it to the level of sex is what they're going to think.

One of the most interesting lines I saw was about how relatively easy it is to fake your age on Habbo... yes, because you can't do that on something like IMVU, Second Life, Facebook etc. etc. I joined second life years ago under age (sure it's 18+?) and got asked for sex with in 5 minutes. On Habbo I never got asked for sex until I MYSELF decided to go into a "Sexy Singles" years ago. You have to go into a certain type of room *usually* to be asked to be cyber tbqh? Sulake are to blame for the fact there are dating rooms, but it is ultimately a user's choice to go enter one of them - I'm sure if I went to a dodgeball game I wouldn't be asked for sex, no?

As for the filter, this is where I think Sulake need to start updating it. It's so easy to type "diick" and get away with it, or "se%" and get away with it. I admit that's a problem Sulake need to fix, cause it's so easy to bypass it if you have filter turned on. As for people who have the filter turned off and complaining about people using sexual words that don't bypass the filter - that's their problem? Not Sulake's.

Quite silly of Balderton Capital to pull out. Cybering on Habbo as occurred for years and years, and after 8 years they randomly decide to pull out? It hasn't just started "this year" so why pull out this year? .

70 million lines of conversation is an awful lot, and people have the option to REPORT SOMEONE IF THEY ARE ASKING FOR CYBER SEX. Sulake can really not do much more (apart from respond to CFHs quicker and improve the filter) because Moderators already ban for the issue. If you are disgusted by cybersex, use the report button - don't go claiming it's all Sulake's fault because unless Sulake control whatever we type, it's not their fault. I don't support cyber sex (lala) at all, but ultimately it is the child's fault for going on the website and the parent's fault for not blocking the website if they know dating is going to be involved and sex could be an issue.

Sulake are to blame for an outdated filter, advertising dating and sometimes slow responses to cfhs (but there are only 225 mods lol), everything else is down to the player and the player's parent. Besides, a wide % of the community are adults who don't care about their stuff, a large % of teens who know about this stuff and I imagine only a small/moderate amount of people who have faked their age.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

They shouldn't be promoting flirting as this will happen, especially with teenagers who are just reaching sexual maturity...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Varnius

Latest Awards:

It'll be interesting to see the News broadcast on Channel 4 tonight. Sulake have gotten themselves in a rough patch..
    Search Varnius for Habbo's Official Trading Room.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

this wouldnt happen if redtiz still worked there
    +1

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

I wrote numerous articles about this for Habbox and it's an ongoing occurrence. Not the first occasion.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

haha, all the popular rooms have gone. kinda find it unfair how they didn't just rename/pickall rooms.. they just deleted them. unfair on owners who spent a lot and thought it would be harmless. erx's group with 40,000 has been deleted, i bet he won't be happy. meh, i guess i can see why they're doing all this though, the amount of dating rooms was silly.

Tokens
    Habbo
    650c

Latest Awards:

Default Channel 4 Report On Habbo!

In congregation with MattG's post, Channel 4 have provided
    a news report that is to be broadcasted at 7pm BST on Channel
    4 News...

moderator alert Threads merged by Zuth (Forum Moderator): As they're on the same topic
    Last edited by Zuth; 12-06-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ik I posted in the other thread, but LOL at that photo. Feel sorry for anyone who was actually one of the strippers
    /