HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 3 of 235 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

omg im so worried cos i was in those rooms getting screenies for a report a few months ago!!!

imma avoid c4 tonight as my parents found out i had a habbo years ago and BANNED ME from it...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think Habbo is always like that though, I know first impressions and everything but at the end of the day it's only a minority who are like that. There's many other, intersting things to do on Habbo that doesn't involve cybering and such so why don't they do an extensive research instead of just commenting on that?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For years now i've complained about those rooms, many of us have complained about them. Moderators didn't care, the moderators never nipped it in the bud and so it bloomed. Users made these rooms to achieve popularity, and 'Higher achievement score'. I'm glad its finally come to Habbo's attention to finally delete these rooms - the navigator is actually accessible to navigate now without having to see room over room of 'romance clubs'. I'll be looking forward to seeing the news tonight, even though its biased towards 'against Habbo' than the 'for Habbo'.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
    haha, all the popular rooms have gone. kinda find it unfair how they didn't just rename/pickall rooms.. they just deleted them. unfair on owners who spent a lot and thought it would be harmless. erx's group with 40,000 has been deleted, i bet he won't be happy. meh, i guess i can see why they're doing all this though, the amount of dating rooms was silly.
    Ah I bet he won't receive a refund either even though I don't think it's his fault in all fairness, Habbo have allowed it to escalated to 40,000 members so why didn't they stop it earlier. It's obvious they only want to stop it until the heat dies down and then they will just get people doing it again. As many have said they will bypass the filter and such so you can't get rid of them completely but there's a difference between saying a doing, saying you're going to do something and not, saying it's for flirting, the 'meet your love' or something that was on the Habbo Way was shocking and it's bad that not everyone sees that. I for one would never cyber over Habbo as I see no point really, Habbo want to tighten the ship with the cybering and such but as Warren said why didn't they do that years ago.

Paul doesn't really give a flying one either.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

This is some what related but the mute business now is quite strict, well it was to me last night. I believe I said *strokes* - This was aimed at the caterpillar and I got muted for it. I see Habbo have taken action and deleted peoples rooms but it's not really their fault at the end of the day? They should of just closed them/renamed them.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

Channel 4 have even sent the information to the government, **** is gonna go down on Channel 4 News tonight.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Probably a biased as hell article that only went to places which these sorts of actions are likely (wouldn't go to a trade room to find this etc.), just like an alley with a bunch of creeps in. Anyway it's up to the parents to do something about it, so the government shouldn't have to act on this apart from the actual abuse itself of course.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pigperson

Latest Awards:

That is terrible lol, sucks to be Habbo right now...

Will

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Probably a biased as hell article that only went to places which these sorts of actions are likely (wouldn't go to a trade room to find this etc.), just like an alley with a bunch of creeps in. Anyway it's up to the parents to do something about it, so the government shouldn't have to act on this apart from the actual abuse itself of course.

I kind of agree with this.

But also If habbo agrees with everything they said in the blog post about the news report. Why did it take them till they had a bit of bad press coverage to actually take action such as removing date rooms and so on.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    I kind of agree with this.

But also If habbo agrees with everything they said in the blog post about the news report. Why did it take them till they had a bit of bad press coverage to actually take action such as removing date rooms and so on.
    'Cause Sulake don't care about the opinions of teens/adult players if it goes against their money making schemes. It takes something big (i.e. the fact that channel 4 is reporting this and that it's on hundreds of sites) from the media to affect anything Sulake do to make profit. Maybe we should get channel 4 to complain about moderation in general? Sure that *could* increase moderation on the hotel (i kid ofc).
    /