HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 4 of 235 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    he looks about 30 to me
    I know Jon Gold, he's only about 23 now so it's safe to say 11 years ago he'd definitely have been a teenager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Habbo Problems

Since the news article and everything that's happened about channel 4, soon to be on the news.... do you think habbo could shut down because of this? Lots of people have resigned, their entire like.. can't remember the name, but they could end up losing millions lol

moderator alert Threads merged by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): As both on same topic
    Last edited by Jordan; 14-06-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The findings are 100% true, Habbo is completely full of vulgarity and cyber sex lately and Sulake knew all about it as it was being reported a lot by users, so i'm glad this has been escalated and they've lost sponsors from it.

Hopefully it'll make them take action on these rooms rather than telling us to "ignore it" so frequently. :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

I'm glad Channel 4 have exploited habbo to what it truly is. There are far too much of these kind of activities going on and habbo know it. Imo they hide behind the fact they allow 'flirtatious chatting' to mask what is really going on. From the start of the merge Habbo's moderation has been diabolical and it humours me how only now they're actually combating it. Kudos to Channel 4 for doing this, hopefully Sulake will be forced to change their ways.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I think it's good that now Habbo is shown for what it has mainly been hosting within the site. I hope because of this investigation Habbo realise that it is a problem that needs to be addressed now and not be delayed or ignored.

BBC News also have posted an article too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18415763
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I think it's good that now Habbo is shown for what it has mainly been hosting within the site. I hope because of this investigation Habbo realise that it is a problem that needs to be addressed now and not be delayed or ignored.

BBC News also have posted an article too http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18415763
    Oh I was trying to find a BBC article (I expected they'd report on it as well), ty xx
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Doubt it, but they will lose money.

One of the biggest investors in popular childrens' online game Habbo has pulled out after concerns were raised about "explicitly sexual interactions".

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Paullafo tweets:

"Rooms that have a context that is inappropriate we close. thanks"

"
    Freedom of expression and certain role play is part of being social. Cybering is not. So we safely allow one and block other. Thx"

"
    explicit rooms we search out and ban. We also balance freedom to express. You've made your points. Thanks"

What a load of crap! God knows how many times i've gone into cyber sex rooms and reported them, only to be told to "not abuse the call for help system" or "ignore it". Either he is deluded to what the moderators really do or trying to cover up the truth that C4 have uncovered.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Storking View Post
    @Paullafo tweets:

What a load of crap! God knows how many times i've gone into cyber sex rooms and reported them, only to be told to "not abuse the call for help system" or "ignore it". Either he is deluded to what the moderators really do or trying to cover up the truth that C4 have uncovered.
    They've only just started this today, but there are still quite a few rooms around. They should simply remove the [DATE] category from the navigator. I have no problem with [Friends] (like 16+, I've been into them loads and have never seen/been asked for sex) or [Party] but [DATE] is the major issue. Also, all the gay bi les rooms have gone... ik one of them certainly didn't deserve to go because the only actually put quite a good word filter in the room (via wired) which I kept getting caught out by . I think they just removed all with beds though .
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    CrazyLemurs

Latest Awards:

Wow that's bleurgh
    And to think about 2/3 of Habbox has actually partaken in this "sport"

people know me because of that shower thing one time and I do not regret anything

upon further review I feel a rather mild regret is warranted