HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are you going to uni...?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

21 44.68%
  • I'm still in School/College.

18 38.30%
  • lmao, no!

8 17.02%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

@Shar oh nice one bud! Hope you've done well! What are you hoping to do at uni?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    Wow that sounds so interesting I'd love to do that! Although sociology and criminology sounds more compatible and they're very interesting subjects to study as well.
    I've been studying Crime and Deviance in Sociology so they both seem to go hand-in-hand, whilst being quite different at the same time. The whole point of the minor subjects is that you can keep your options open without being too selective so early on in your university life. Should be quite good... if I get the results, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    Wooah, that sounds quite interesting! Depending on what filed you wish to enter you might want to do Sociology and Criminology as it will open more doors for you
    I think if you choose to carry them on for the full three years then it ends up being a joint honours. I selected the Study Abroad course though, so it may depend on what the structure is like at the partner university too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    I've been studying Crime and Deviance in Sociology so they both seem to go hand-in-hand, whilst being quite different at the same time. The whole point of the minor subjects is that you can keep your options open without being too selective so early on in your university life. Should be quite good... if I get the results, of course!

I think if you choose to carry them on for the full three years then it ends up being a joint honours. I selected the Study Abroad course though, so it may depend on what the structure is like at the partner university too.
    Oh cool, where would you be studying abroad?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    Oh cool, where would you be studying abroad?
    I'd really like to go out to the USA. Lancaster University have four partner universities over there: University of Missouri Columbia; University of Nebraska, Lincoln; University of New Hampshire; University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

UNC Chapel Hill is probably my favourite at the minute, it looks so nice and it's really good. Their School of Public Health is named after our family name too, haha!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    I'd really like to go out to the USA. Lancaster University have four partner universities over there: University of Missouri Columbia; University of Nebraska, Lincoln; University of New Hampshire; University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

UNC Chapel Hill is probably my favourite at the minute, it looks so nice and it's really good. Their School of Public Health is named after our family name too, haha!
    Oh cool beans So i take it you'll try the FBI road

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkie View Post
    Oh cool beans So i take it you'll try the FBI road
    Ha, I haven't even considered that route actually! I've always been passionate for English Language throughout school and I've done work experience at several newspapers to get a taste for field; I always thought that kind of institution would suit me well. You never know, my tastes might change completely at university! I've actually really enjoyed all three of my A-Levels (English Language, Sociology, and Psychology) but I get the feeling that the latter would be far too focused on Research Methods or Biology at degree level; I much prefer the more Psychological or Behavioural aspect of it. It's a possibility, of course!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

@Jarkie yeah that's what I want to do, work for MI5, or in the Army in intelligence.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

omg you two are the only people I've ever encountered who want to do criminology too

My firm for next year is Kent for Criminology and Sociology - hopefully they'll accept ABC grades rather than BBB which is my offer

I've got to ring student finance eugh, they sent me the form but haven't included my grant on it. My loan doesn't even cost the lowest accom costs.

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Second year at college, we're starting our UCAS applications now though I am still not 100% on if I will go or not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Fifty-Six

Latest Awards:

@Mathew Haha cool. Both head boys, both named Matt
    Image credit: sd94.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast