HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: HxL

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RemelKiid View Post
    At the moment we have the Friday Night Quiz where listeners can call in and take part in a quiz to win furni on Habbo. We're looking at a new lineup of weekly shows, but @Grig; is dealing with that so he's probably better placed to talk about that than me.

In regards to the idea you sent to me, it's a great idea and it's something that we are looking at. It hasn't been forgotten
    I think you need to have something every day, and hopefully that will happen eventually, and I am pleased to hear my idea is being considered because I do think it could be successful, if it's executed correctly.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

theres 3 or 4 perm shows coming according to graphics tasks
    the lack of air time has been mentioned but ive noticed when its online i only see remelkiid on air.

have more guests on air !!1 was quite fun when i was on with @Skynus; and a few others

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

It's pretty shocking atm It seems like theres only a few that are making the effort. More permanent shows would be great, as those are the ones that usually get me tuned in. I noticed though that a lot of the time, when a group of djs go on air together, they end up having private conversations between themselves and completely forgetting about the listeners? I found it really irritating and had to tune out.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    According to the list on HabboxLive there aren't any? I'm not sure if any will come in the near future but they could do with it.
    Sorry I didn't notice this, that also needs addressing, the list needs monitoring and updating.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Habboxlive
    I totally agree with everything you have said. I don't think presenters are making much of an effort any more. Years ago when we were getting a steady 200 / 300 listeners I was taking it for granted but it definitely made you strive to get the best slots. I mentioned in the habboxlive section about how to timetable is dealt with these days and I disagree with how it is reset. Resetting the timetable at the end of the week is a silly thing to do, it's asking for the timetable to be blank. If it gets reset at the end of every day people will pre-book. I was told this changed due to people complaining about not getting slots, they clearly don't care enough to book. I vote we change it back as the current method doesn't seem to be working as effectively as methods in the past have.

Habboxlives main focus at the moment shouldn't be the listeners, it should be the team overall. The team needs to work together, help one another. I suggest staff members support one another by attending each others party rooms and advertising for one another's show. At the moment everyone just seems to be caring about themselves, their show, their listeners when realistically that's what will kill the radio. When presenters comes off air that shouldn't be the end of their duty's, I'm not saying they must help one another but it should be in the job description because after all we are a community.

Department Teams
    I think the whole 'staff of the month' thing should be changed. Everyone knows I have always been a man who believes team play works, sure look at the olympics . I suggest every manager asks their staff members if they would like to participate in a team event every month were they work with people from other departments to earn points, give them tasks, it just spices up the job and makes things a little more fun.

For example; Boomitsgina, Red & paige. are randomly paired up into a team for one month alongside a bunch of other randomly drawn teams, their objective is to complete small tasks to earn points. Tasks could be from things such as; getting 20 people to dress up in a green top in the help desk, create a conga-line, max out a room, aiming for a certain amount of listeners and that's just off the top of my head. Habbox wouldn't lose out on prizes as VIP gets given away anyway so it's just a slight change in how and whom it's given out to. Perhaps have the winning team of that month to act somewhat as team leaders, have them matched up with a 6 teams each for example and have them help those teams, monitor the 'completed goals' and in return the team leader who wins the event for that month receives a trophy for good leadership skills and the winning team overall receives the VIP, then the month after that have that winning team become leaders. It's worth thinking about, it would stop boredom, show management leadership skills for future management positions and most of all talk to new people.

I don't know about you guys but for me the departments seem to be just boring these days and it needs a change like this, an ongoing event to keep me active and to bond with new people I usually wouldn't even say hello to.

Also just back to habboxlive, fair play to boomitsgina out of all the presenters she seems to be putting in the most effort and from an outside perspective I believe she deserves to be rewarded.
    Last edited by Richie; 05-07-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

afaik its mykes job as staff agm for department activities but his steady 1 post per week says it wont happen

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    afaik its mykes job as staff agm for department activities but his steady 1 post per week says it wont happen
    That steady 1 post this week could be "Dave is no longer Habbox Staff"
    HxL has been gone downhill for some time, I think it is coming back it needs more perm shows tho!
    Grig has done so well to bring it back, Funny i asked to be Guest DJ and one said they didn't want me and one said no because the other one didn't want me, work it out x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    That steady 1 post this week could be "Dave is no longer Habbox Staff"
    HxL has been gone downhill for some time, I think it is coming back it needs more perm shows tho!
    Grig has done so well to bring it back, Funny i asked to be Guest DJ and one said they didn't want me and one said no because the other one didn't want me, work it out x
    wouldnt be surprised if it was

also shouldnt the attitude be "he might be good for the department lets have him" and not "i dont want him so say no"
    or are you just saying they dont want you and there's other reasons

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Richie; problem with that is like, News, Mods, Content and Graphics aren't Community roles, would there be alternatives on the forum perhaps? I know Ben did a challenge in Content and it made the work load increase loads in the break we had, I thought of doing something like this for News and I know Mathew is always making HxHD or HxL team up with Events and creating different things. Not sure what could be done and I don't think staff of the month should be changed as much, why can't it run alongside the idea you gave?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    @Richie; problem with that is like, News, Mods, Content and Graphics aren't Community roles, would there be alternatives on the forum perhaps? I know Ben did a challenge in Content and it made the work load increase loads in the break we had, I thought of doing something like this for News and I know Mathew is always making HxHD or HxL team up with Events and creating different things. Not sure what could be done and I don't think staff of the month should be changed as much, why can't it run alongside the idea you gave?

For the departments that don't exactly work alongside the community I'd suggest changing the system for each department so staff are rewarded based on how many tasks they complete. The suggestion above was just aquick idea, I'm sure if all the managers got together to have a chat, ideas on how different departments could work together wouldn't be too hard to brainstorm. I keep referring back to the Olympics because in my opinion it was an event that was extremly successful, non community based departments got involved then so what's to stop it from happening now? For news, staff could earn points similarly to how they did in the olympics, they become active around the main site, reply to news articles and the most constructive replies win points (or something along those lines). In previous years I think one or two habbox presenters attempted to incorporate news flashes in their shows and in my opinion they worked very well. I think it's all about preparation and scripting. News on air would add something extra to the radio because at the moment it's the same old stuff, a few songs, a presenter rambles on and then a few jingles. If news was incorporated into some of these shows (not all of them as it would get tedious) I think it'd made things more interesting. I don't read many news articles on the site but when I do, I notice new updates about the site and other small things that wouldn't even cross my mind but is interesting. Add news flashes to habboxlive and those who usually wouldn't look at articles might find the news updates helpful and visit the actual news page, which would help the news department. If news flashes came back, perhaps you could get someone from your department who is confident but isn't already a presenter to read prepared scripts. I'm not exactly the best at editing but if you wanted they could create the clip then send it over to me and I could edit in a few effects and a nice bed.

I know @Hecktix; and @Nicola; had a forum show on air every two weeks which raked in a lot of listeners from the forum. It was something different and again, it was successful but it just went to the dirt as soon as Nicola and Oli left. Something like that could be brought back. I'm not too sure how habboxlive could add hints of rare values to their shows but it just needs a little brain storming. @Pigperson; is a smart chap and always has good ideas, he'll have something up his sleeve . As for content, I don't mean to offend @Zuth; or his department but they will always be the people behind the site that aren't really recognised. Sure we appreciate their work but I don't think the department ever really will be something that could interact with other departments, it will always be a 'back seat' job and I think they know that already. You never know though.

It's all worth a shot. The site needs new ideas to stop boredom. Maybe my idea isn't a greatest but it seems to be the only one being placed on the nordic (which is 2c CHECK RARE VALUES OUT AT www.habbox.com). See @Pigperson; I'm even bloody advertising your department . Besides, it isn't like habbox is losing out as they give away VIP anyway. What harm is a little trial and maybe error if preparation for this is the problem I'm sure management could gather a little committee to plan it and to brainstorm 'challenges' so they don't have too.
    Last edited by Richie; 06-07-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast