HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: HxL

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    For the departments that don't exactly work alongside the community I'd suggest changing the system for each department so staff are rewarded based on how many tasks they complete. The suggestion above was just aquick idea, I'm sure if all the managers got together to have a chat, ideas on how different departments could work together wouldn't be too hard to brainstorm. I keep referring back to the Olympics because in my opinion it was an event that was extremly successful, non community based departments got involved then so what's to stop it from happening now? For news, staff could earn points similarly to how they did in the olympics, they become active around the main site, reply to news articles and the most constructive replies win points (or something along those lines).
    Over Christmas the Events dept had like, an in-dept competition,
    Where we earned points for events hosted, events hosted in non-GMT times, posts on the forum, suggestions made, stuff like that etc,
    I don't know if other departments do it, this was the first time I'd ever seen,
    It worked really well, the prizes were good and it was a really good incentive, activity rocketed up dramatically, like, actually cray cray.

Prizes were something like:
    1st ~ 3 Months VIP + 50 credits
    2nd ~ 2 Months VIP + 20 credits
    3rd ~ 1 Months VIP + 10 Credits

And then anyone who hosted like, 5 events got a week VIP or something like that,

It really did work extremely well,
    So, it's proven that things like this do work.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens
    Habbo
    BOOMitsGINA

Feeling the love with my name.. no but seriously the timetable is soooooooo bad the minimum of slots is 20 a month.. I've passed that within 4 days (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th of this month).. Thats just terrible and I have DJ'ed in every slot.. I have streamed for about 5-10mins in one cos sometimes i need a break so I can go and get food or something.
    A lot of people are currently posted away at the moment but everyone knows what they need to achieve it's just a matter of fact to do it.
    I have the Friday Night Quiz every friday night from 8-10PM
    Ex HabboxLive Radio Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Department Teams
    I think the whole 'staff of the month' thing should be changed. Everyone knows I have always been a man who believes team play works, sure look at the olympics . I suggest every manager asks their staff members if they would like to participate in a team event every month were they work with people from other departments to earn points, give them tasks, it just spices up the job and makes things a little more fun.

For example; Boomitsgina, Red & paige. are randomly paired up into a team for one month alongside a bunch of other randomly drawn teams, their objective is to complete small tasks to earn points. Tasks could be from things such as; getting 20 people to dress up in a green top in the help desk, create a conga-line, max out a room, aiming for a certain amount of listeners and that's just off the top of my head. Habbox wouldn't lose out on prizes as VIP gets given away anyway so it's just a slight change in how and whom it's given out to. Perhaps have the winning team of that month to act somewhat as team leaders, have them matched up with a 6 teams each for example and have them help those teams, monitor the 'completed goals' and in return the team leader who wins the event for that month receives a trophy for good leadership skills and the winning team overall receives the VIP, then the month after that have that winning team become leaders. It's worth thinking about, it would stop boredom, show management leadership skills for future management positions and most of all talk to new people.

I don't know about you guys but for me the departments seem to be just boring these days and it needs a change like this, an ongoing event to keep me active and to bond with new people I usually wouldn't even say hello to.

Also just back to habboxlive, fair play to boomitsgina out of all the presenters she seems to be putting in the most effort and from an outside perspective I believe she deserves to be rewarded.
    I love this idea, a bit like achievements.. it's a great idea Richie.. I'll talk to xxmgxx when he gets back about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    afaik its mykes job as staff agm for department activities but his steady 1 post per week says it wont happen
    Right now the amount of complaint PMs I get, playing games is hardly one of my priorities.

drink up this bottle of yeah
    and P A I N T your body on me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Inseriousity.; I can see that firing a few staff is a good scare tactic in departments such as events but for a failing radio I don't think it's enough. If somebody is reluctant to present on the radio then reducing their staff team is only going to reduce their morale. If there are only 10 staff and no signs of more coming in then the thoughts are likely not going to be 'I had better DJ or I'm going the same way... eek!' but rather 'What's the point?'.

It's good to hear that the problems with the radio are being addressed. I don't think that essentially firing your entire staff team is the best way to go about it, though. If somebody is inactive then the first thing you should be thinking about is contacting them and finding out WHY they're not djing. If there's a valid reason then encourage them to post away to escape the warnings/being fired. A couple of good DJs were let go from the team last week and it's a real shame.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Conversely you could argue that they'd think 'what's the point' of djing when they see that there are djs who are getting away with doing very little so why shouldn't they do the same. Richie's right, it's about working more as a team rather than as a group of individuals to get the best results. The high turnover that HxL inevitably has makes this more of a challenge for that dept than a small-scale dept like competitions. As for applications, I find that they tend to be a bit of a rollercoaster. Sometimes you get lots, sometimes you hardly get any but in the end it all tends to balance out.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Doing immense.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post

Doing immense.
    no wonder, he's playing steps

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why are you just streaming @Pigperson; it's boring. lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pigperson

Latest Awards:

I do feel HxL isn't the same as it was when there was a 200-300 average amount of listeners but I don't think it is fully the fault of Habbox because before the marketplace a large portion of the listeners were Habbox Rare Values users and that has gone down and I think possibly in shows there is less enthusiasm and innovation which is a problem. But I think events at HxL would be great like themed weeks now and again or something to spice it up rather than just playing the normal songs and doing a comp or two.

@Pigperson; is a smart chap and always has good ideas, he'll have something up his sleeve . As for content, I don't mean to offend @Zuth; or his department but they will always be the people behind the site that aren't really recognised. Sure we appreciate their work but I don't think the department ever really will be something that could interact with other departments, it will always be a 'back seat' job and I think they know that already. You never know though.

It's all worth a shot. The site needs new ideas to stop boredom. Maybe my idea isn't a greatest but it seems to be the only one being placed on the nordic (which is 2c CHECK RARE VALUES OUT AT www.habbox.com). See @Pigperson; I'm even bloody advertising your department . Besides, it isn't like habbox is losing out as they give away VIP anyway. What harm is a little trial and maybe error if preparation for this is the problem I'm sure management could gather a little committee to plan it and to brainstorm 'challenges' so they don't have too.
    I do believe it is a struggle for non-community departments to participate in events and show our face but I will have a think about ideas. I think a new feature would be great and possibly branching out and doing shows on hxl ( @Pipette already does an RV-styled weekly news article which is great).

Will

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Why are you just streaming @Pigperson; it's boring. lol.
    I didn't want to DJ, I saw the radio was offline so I thought music is better than dead silence :S

Will

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigperson View Post
    I do feel HxL isn't the same as it was when there was a 200-300 average amount of listeners but I don't think it is fully the fault of Habbox because before the marketplace a large portion of the listeners were Habbox Rare Values users and that has gone down and I think possibly in shows there is less enthusiasm and innovation which is a problem. But I think events at HxL would be great like themed weeks now and again or something to spice it up rather than just playing the normal songs and doing a comp or two.

I do believe it is a struggle for non-community departments to participate in events and show our face but I will have a think about ideas. I think a new feature would be great and possibly branching out and doing shows on hxl ( @Pipette already does an RV-styled weekly news article which is great).

Will

---------- Post added 06-07-2012 at 03:31 PM ----------

I didn't want to DJ, I saw the radio was offline so I thought music is better than dead silence :S

Will
    It's fine really btw lol

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast