HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: HxL

Tokens
    Habbo
    Maatt.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlice View Post
    Congratulations, I caught sight of this thread, and wondered what all the fuss was about.... so I tuned in, and saw the number of listeners fly to 162. What impressed me is you was forward enough to ask her to do a show in the future, to which her response was very enthusiastic, well done, your efforts paid off
    Bethan is amazing :} what suprised me was the fact that was the first time we have ever spoken.. and we was so nice from the beginning.

Thank you for the feedback! more shows soon!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The vidcon show (which I missed and was never recorded - boo!) appears to have to prove the point that the gaining of listeners is not so much of a problem as their retention. Fair enough listeners are bound to drop when a bunch of 'famous' people go off air but it doesn't appear to me as though there was any plan to actually keep those listeners tuned in.

These sort of shows should serve to bring new listeners (and potential forum members, if you're clever about it) to habbox. I applaud @Maatt.; for spending so long organising it but am disappointed that the radio management (and most of the radio staff) didn't appear to plan anything leading up to or following the show itself. It's all well and good to say "Oh, well we reached over 160 listeners" but when 3/4 of those listeners bugger off after the hour is up then someone isn't doing their job properly.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions this time for listener retention as I'm not as experienced as some in radio, but I would suggest that you take a look at it at least.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The vidcon show (which I missed and was never recorded - boo!) appears to have to prove the point that the gaining of listeners is not so much of a problem as their retention. Fair enough listeners are bound to drop when a bunch of 'famous' people go off air but it doesn't appear to me as though there was any plan to actually keep those listeners tuned in.

These sort of shows should serve to bring new listeners (and potential forum members, if you're clever about it) to habbox. I applaud @Maatt.; for spending so long organising it but am disappointed that the radio management (and most of the radio staff) didn't appear to plan anything leading up to or following the show itself. It's all well and good to say "Oh, well we reached over 160 listeners" but when 3/4 of those listeners bugger off after the hour is up then someone isn't doing their job properly.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions this time for listener retention as I'm not as experienced as some in radio, but I would suggest that you take a look at it at least.
    Listener retention indeed is that. We should have 2 more big things coming up shortly, which I'm about to sort out. Retention would probably mean do some bigger shows throughout the day, but you got to remember that these people came from off-client, so Habbo based things would be a no-no. If we did some game shows, with live call ins or something like that, more real life based, then it may have worked.

I just plan to bombard people with lots of interesting events, so that there's always something happening. Never before have we had to do this at such regular intervals. Before management could just sit there for periods of time and the listeners would stay. That's on issue of quality. I want more professional and interesting people coming into HxL. I've even argued with Logan over some people in the server trials because they simply weren't good enough and I wanted to reverse the trend and image of hiring DJs who were a bit all over the place and had to have major training. Although I do keep a hawkish eye out for anyone who may not have lots of experience but may become super.

Of course, I can take the ThisHabbo route out and just base my listener base on giveaways and we would gain stuff. But, we want people to enjoy the radio as well and that's why we often had more than them during the mute when no events were taking place. Base the listeners on quality, and that is why we need to phase in experienced or maybe young DJs who are using the ropes pretty well. I will do some classic giveaways just to perk interest within the coming week. BUT, I will not use them to base a whole radio and listener base, for that does not justify anything. In fact, that's simply like the government giving out money to please a public, which is discontent. It's a weak policy!
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

the ship is sinking, has been for a very long time and i'm not sure really why there is a continued revival when this thread happens every 6 week. surely you could save the money and use it to improve other habbox services (idk how the forum is nowadays not really on here long enough to get an opinion of the server).

had a read through the thread (habboxlive interests me haha), i was offered a guest dj position (fanx) but didn't take it because i felt having someone who obviously has no interest in habbox and just fancies popping on air to play music and have personal jokes on air would not be good for habbox. dunno why there's so many guest dj's at all, seems silly.

kristina, yr a lovely girl, but you should not be a head dj. you've been inactive since january and as much as i realise you have difficult personal circumstances it isn't fair and it was never fair on people who work hard on the radio. @FiftyCal; should've been head dj a long time ago.

this youtube show seems like it was a success, i dunno why if habboxlive is to continue (though i hardly see the point) you stop being a 24 hour service and do special shows to tie in with forum events or with habbox.com or just big shows. people are more likely to tune in if it's special and one off rather than 23 hours of wasted streaming in a day.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    the ship is sinking, has been for a very long time and i'm not sure really why there is a continued revival when this thread happens every 6 week. surely you could save the money and use it to improve other habbox services (idk how the forum is nowadays not really on here long enough to get an opinion of the server).

had a read through the thread (habboxlive interests me haha), i was offered a guest dj position (fanx) but didn't take it because i felt having someone who obviously has no interest in habbox and just fancies popping on air to play music and have personal jokes on air would not be good for habbox. dunno why there's so many guest dj's at all, seems silly.

kristina, yr a lovely girl, but you should not be a head dj. you've been inactive since january and as much as i realise you have difficult personal circumstances it isn't fair and it was never fair on people who work hard on the radio. @FiftyCal; should've been head dj a long time ago.

this youtube show seems like it was a success, i dunno why if habboxlive is to continue (though i hardly see the point) you stop being a 24 hour service and do special shows to tie in with forum events or with habbox.com or just big shows. people are more likely to tune in if it's special and one off rather than 23 hours of wasted streaming in a day.
    I agree on the 23 hours a day of streaming. Although, that is obviously a massive over-exaggeration, I'd rather build a large listener base with quality, rather than quantity.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    I agree on the 23 hours a day of streaming. Although, that is obviously a massive over-exaggeration, I'd rather build a large listener base with quality, rather than quantity.
    You may want to get listeners from quality, but when a listener comes back 'cause they've stayed for quality and see the radio is offline will they stay? You need to focus on building on both.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FiftyCal

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post

Thank you Bethie, And i agree with things you've said.
    Joined Habbox: 11-18-2011
    Became DJ At Habboxlive: 11-22-2011
    Promoted To Senior DJ: 2-3-2012
    Stepped Down to Regular DJ 5-19-12
    Resigned As DJ June 2012

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031