HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh I'm sure she said she wrote the epilogue really early because she had the word "scar" as the last word from the very beginning until she changed it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Oh I'm sure she said she wrote the epilogue really early because she had the word "scar" as the last word from the very beginning until she changed it.
    Wasn't early at all, she announced that about a year or so before the book was released as far as I know.

My bad, she announced a year or so before that it was no longer scar.

Scar being the last word goes back to 2003 at least, which is early, but not as early as 1990 for Chapter 36
    Last edited by Kardan; 24-08-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Interesting stuff. Any other hidden secrets like this?

Do you think students will one day study the Harry Potter books... perhaps for an exam?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post

Do you think students will one day study the Harry Potter books... perhaps for an exam?
    A-Level English literature and language already studies PS.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post

http://www.mugglenet.com/academia/classes.shtml

Not quite as popular here although I remember the debate when Durham University announced a module about Harry Potter for their Education Studies course (and when it was added to A level english as Kardan said). I've also done a few essays here and there but that was by choice (Harry Potter as a Jesus figure using the last film and an analysis of Umbridge's educational ideology) and not taught.

Tokens
    Habbo
    swearwolf

Latest Awards:

I think the series should be introduced in schools for exams to be studied, for one because it will draw in the attention of the students more, and secondly because it's so well written it'd be more worthwhile
    no

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

I think that the book is F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. personally, the only thing that I can think of as a negative is that it dragged on a bit. The end scenes are just amazing though, in both the book and the film.

Remember to vote for next weeks discussion book as well guys!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

The Harry Potter series are some of the best books I've ever read by far. I remember being so disappointed when I didn't receive a letter to Hogwarts on my 11th birthday

Yeah anyway, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is my favourite 'cause I love the parts where Harry gets so good at Potions 'cause of the Half Blood Prince's book. All the books are fab though, I certainly couldn't choose a least favourite!

J.K Rowling was actually planning to kill off George when they were trying to get to the Safe House at the start of book 7, but then decided it would be more "interesting" (wrong word, but I couldn't think of a better one) to have Fred die in front of Percy's eyes so he only lost an ear

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I seriously love this series to like infinity and beyond I am an utter potter nerd but never became a true incredipotterhead until I watched AVPM (a very potter musical, watch it it's amazing) but this is about DH so I must admit it was the greatest ending. Normally these types of series the sequels are never as good as the first but Deathly Hallows is my second favourite behind Order of the Phoenix I think because in DH they didn't actually go to Hogwarts as students it didn't feel right I don't know but it's still amazing. Loads of people are wanting her to continue and do like an extra one about the children but in my opinion even though i'd love another book I like how she ended it and cut it off for our imaginations to break free and write many a crappy fanfic.

I do love how in depth her writing is though, all the minor details are thought out and even the very minor characters are given deaths of a hero. I think the details about the seven theme (seven being the most powerful magical number) throughout the entire series is amazingly thought out, how everything comes back to seven whether it be seven Weasley children, seven letters in H. Potter and even seven people exiting the shrieking shack. I saw it on Tumblr but it's so bloody interesting reading them all! (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Seven)

Wasn't in like rough drafts she was going to kill of Ron as well? Poor Weasley family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12