HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yep, it's Lee - Im enforcing the rules and I don't believe he said that at all.
    It was an example. God knows how you're a super mod, you're horrible and patronizing. Bring @Catzy; back!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

To an extent I agree with you that its a silly rule and it's something we have been discussing as a department because it's obviously something which is confusing both members and moderators. The problem is in deciding where to draw the line on whether someone is acting as a moderator and I think that seems to be the issue here too. While I don't particularly think you were telling her off for posting the image, I can also see it from Lee's view.

We'll be taking this into consideration before updating the rule.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    fire jordan
    Why would you suggest such a thing? .

Also, I've noticed it being enforced more, which I suppose is a good thing but sometimes jokes get edited anyway for other rule breaks, should this be different?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Why would you suggest such a thing? .

Also, I've noticed it being enforced more, which I suppose is a good thing but sometimes jokes get edited anyway for other rule breaks, should this be different?
    generally dont like jordan and his moderating ngl

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Alright then, so are you telling me you did not directly break

Bearing in mind it says nothing about spam, sarcasm or sense of humour.
    Not read pages 2 or 3 so this may have been brought up, but the rule doesn't actually say to not comment that someone else has broke the rules, just that you should report it - so technically the rule wasn't broken?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Matts View Post
    I do think that the 'leave the moderating to the moderators' is a bit of a silly rule but its there to stop people trying to take things into their own hands.

If something breaks a rule- report it. I don't really see the issue... There's no need to post saying 'Already posted here: _'- just report the post. In some ways posting 'Already posted here _' actually breaks the pointless posting rule as it has no relevance to the topic at all.

As moderators we can't edit one on the grounds that it breaks the rule and not edit others.

TL;DR if something breaks a rule, report it. There is no need to post about it.
    Yes which I agree with Matt. If I had of said it outside the spam forum I would expect to be contacted with 'Please do not post pointlessly' not 'Leave moderating to moderators' as I'm doing exactly that.. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

And to be honest this rule has only recently risen in priority it was always left but we agreed it should be clarified and enforced. I am actually doing my job by enforcing these rules.
    Well whoever came up with that bloody idea @xxMATTGxx; fire them now as it's ridiculous and was fine before.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Also can I just say, how many sad acts do you actually see IMPERSONATING moderators on here? Can't say I've actually seen anyone trying to do a MOD's job in my whole 7 years here.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Yes which I agree with Matt. If I had of said it outside the spam forum I would expect to be contacted with 'Please do not post pointlessly' not 'Leave moderating to moderators' as I'm doing exactly that.. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Well whoever came up with that bloody idea @xxMATTGxx; fire them now as it's ridiculous and was fine before.
    Oh well if it was in spam them to be honest I wouldn't have edited it; maybe that's just me!
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    To an extent I agree with you that its a silly rule and it's something we have been discussing as a department because it's obviously something which is confusing both members and moderators. The problem is in deciding where to draw the line on whether someone is acting as a moderator and I think that seems to be the issue here too. While I don't particularly think you were telling her off for posting the image, I can also see it from Lee's view.

We'll be taking this into consideration before updating the rule.
    The thing is Chris where abouts in my post was I trying to impersonate a moderator? If I had of said 'Please don't post words that are filtered on the forum' then I would be impersonating staff but when I make a little jokey message 'OMG THAT POST JUST SWORE' it did? I'm stating the obvious not trying to do a moderators job. It's like posting in a thread about a picture of a house 'OMG THAT HOUSE IS MADE OF BRICKS'.

I wonder if someone swore on habbo and I shouted back at the person who committed such a disgusting rude crime 'OMG YOU JUST SWORE' would I get done for impersonating staff?
    Last edited by Richie; 02-10-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I've brought this up in like 4 threads now but what's the deal with editing one post in CAREER OR LUV for supposedly being off topic (despite being about love) and then leaving all the 1-2 word answer that add nothing to anything, even though they were clearly reported? Is that just because the forum manager, a super mod, and the moderator who made the edit (among other staff) were all guilty of such posts themselves and thus that thread is above the rules?

I know things got thrown around a bit when Martin left and Chris stabbed him in the back got the job but there's really no excuse for this when even in this very thread it's being stated that rules MUST be followed at all times in all places by all people

btw I disagree with the thread title as I certainly don't want moderation to stay as it currently is
    Last edited by FlyingJesus; 02-10-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast