HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Can moderating just stay as it is

I'm sick of moderating going from good to crap, good to crap, good to crap. The other day someone posted in a thread 'I think you have the wrong section' and they got a mod edit 'please leave moderating to moderators' they're clearly just trying to be nice by letting the user know they posted in the wrong section, stop getting all defensive they aren't trying to take your job. I just posted in a SPAM thread messing around 'omg that image just avoided the filter!!'. First of all I want to say it's such a ridiculous rule and secondly it should only be used if a user is actually trying to impersonate a moderator, if the moderator in question actually read my post properly I just stated the obvious, 'the image just avoided the filter' I didn't tell the user it wasn't allowed or warn them in anyway. Can you please sort out the rules because things like this is what makes the department look horrible.
    Last edited by Richie; 02-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm sick of moderating going from good to crap, good to crap, good to crap. The other day someone posted in a thread 'I think you have the wrong section' and they got a mod edit 'please leave moderating to moderators' and I just posted in a SPAM thread messing saying 'omg that image just avoided the filter!!'. First of all I want to say it's such a ridiculous rule and only should be used if a user is actually trying to be a moderator, if the moderator who edited my most actually read it properly I just stated the obvious, the image just avoided the filter, I didn't tell the user it wasn't allowed or warn them in anyway. Can you please sort out the rules because things like this is what makes the department look horrible.
    Don't think you can dispute that edit really, there's a rule, your broke it. End of really no need for a feedback thread everytime someone doesn't like an edit we give them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Don't think you can dispute that edit really, there's a rule, your broke it. End of really no need for a feedback thread everytime someone doesn't like an edit we give them.
    It was clearly a joke between friends and in spam. Didn't come across to me that he was trying to moderate.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    It was clearly a joke between friends and in spam. Didn't come across to me that he was trying to moderate.
    Lets face it, we're in an impossible situation because obviously it's important that we're consistent otherwise we face the whole favouritism thing but then when a post like this is made (I do understand the context but it was just so blatant) it gets edited.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Well Lee the only time things actually change is when you give feedback. I don't agree with how some things in the moderation department work. I admit I'm posting this because I'm furious at your lack of moderation skills but at the same time feel sorry for that guy who innocently posted 'I think you have the wrong section' and you edited his post like he was trying to do your job.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Yes he can because anybody in the right mind can take things in the right context. It's clear he was joking...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I know when the other person did it, like you mentioned they only thought they posted in the wrong section thus informed them, I think in this case, yes it was a joke but it was more moderating than the other if you get me. Not saying whether I agree or not btw.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Not saying its right or not, but obviously if everyone said that Kristy the rule would be pointless and every infraction for that would be reversed, personally it helps (this rule) other wise everyone posts saying OH YOU BROKE THE RULES!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Well Lee the only time things actually change is when you give feedback. I don't agree with how some things in the moderation department work. I admit I'm posting this because I'm furious at your lack of moderation skills but at the same time feel sorry for that guy who innocently posted 'I think you have the wrong section' and you edited his post like he was trying to do your job.
    Alright then, so are you telling me you did not directly break

A9. Leave moderating to the moderators ~ If you see someone breaking a rule, click the report post icon on that post with and provide a brief description. Also, you may not discuss bans on the forum. If you wish to dispute a ban use the Support System. You should also never ignore a moderators warning, change their warnings, open a thread they have closed or use the Moderator Specific BBcode ([modwarn]). This is considered 'Abuse of Moderator Features' and will result in an infraction without any prior warning.
    Bearing in mind it says nothing about spam, sarcasm or sense of humour.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I think the rule is just being used wrongly, the rule is fine if staff know how to use it appropriately. Which clearly isn't the case.

---------- Post added 02-10-2012 at 09:40 PM ----------

Alright then, so are you telling me you did not directly break

Bearing in mind it says nothing about spam, sarcasm or sense of humour.
    If you want I can pluck through 100s of posts that were left alone even though you think they're apparently breaking rules just so you can edit them? it just seems to be yourself who's using it wrongly.
    Last edited by Richie; 02-10-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast