HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Generally it does mean a complete change in time or setting, so not just moving on to the next event perhaps. I don't think it's used all that much really, but if you are going to use it it's sometimes useful for moving in/out of dream sequences, or as you say to go back in a character's memory. The very best use of it that I've ever read is in a Roger Zelazny novel in the first-person narrative where the teller uses it very consciously to skip out a sex scene, but also to make the reader really feel connected to the character as though the book were really him telling it to you -

but Zelazny was an absolute genius with everything he did so don't feel bad if you can't quite create that feeling in your school work
    Haha! Luckily I just have to do a 1,000 word first chapter of a distopian fiction story.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I believe it's a change in time.

I always think that it's a good place to stop off though. Like, if it's a massive chapter and I see one of those, I stop reading as it's a good place to stop, if you see what I mean.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always thought it was when you avoid the filter
    moderator alert Edited by GoldenMerc - Please stay ontopic
    Last edited by GoldenMerc; 08-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12