HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BamitsElfie! View Post
    I don't remember reading the bit about him not saying he'd not imprinted on anyone!! Only read all the books once each though so you're the expert Thanks!

Ok although no "laws" were broken, I would be very very very scared if I was Renesmee, the man who used to be obsessed with her mother is now obsessing over her instead.. poor little girl

Actually I've just though about the bit that confuses me. Did Meyer ever explain what was going to happen to Renesmee? I know she said that she was starting to grow more slowly but still, she would have been an old woman by the time she was 15 wasn't she?
    Yeah, I just saw the third movie last weekend and he says it there too. I did remember it from the book though LOL yeah still the expert.
    I totally agree with you btw, if I was Renesmee it'd take me a long time to understand that this guy that was madly in love with my mother now has the strongest feelings ever for me.

And no, the last movie ends when she looks only 7 years old and now I'm getting very confused because I used to write and read fanfics about when she got older (very disturbing ones as well lol) and I'm mixing some stuff. But I'm sure she never tells how Nessie will feel about Jacob, but Jacob explains that if she only wants him as a best friend or even her brother, that's exactly what he will be because he only wants what is best for her.
    Renesmee will grow extremelly quickly until she looks like she is about 17/18, like her parents, and then she will stop and never grow up like real vampires. Although, there will come a time where she can no longer live, so I'm not sure if she will get old, or if she will simply feel old and start dying. When this happens, Jacob can stop turning into a werewolf as well, and if he does this, he will start getting old as well, so they won't have to live without each other either.

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

@LiquidLuck.; was purely talking about the Twilight saga. Don't think she thought the whole thing through very carefully.
    Lol like I said in my first comment, she obviously didn't because like no blood, woman.. everyone knows that..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Foregetfuhl

Latest Awards:

I read the first book before the movie came out and kind of was a bit meh about it. She is a very amateur writer that knows how to grasp the readers attention with all these different ideas and what not.

I never liked the idea of how she depicted vampires and I have never understood how a woman vampire can't have children but a male vampire can go along willy nilly and still have his bits and bobs working? It literally doesn't make sense.

I mean I'm not the biggest fan of twilight and I never really can get into it because of just how poor the writing style is and how poor her writing for the action parts are. I know its suppose to be a romance novel in some ways but those are the parts you relish as a reader and those were the parts she rushed to get back into the whole romance. I was disappointed in every book in the novel as it read like a really good written fanfiction but a bad novel from a writing point of a view.

The wedding was a huge disappoint. It would have been something that Bella should have decided and not just gone along with for sex with Mr. Cullen but nope it was all about Alice the party planner rather than Alice becoming this amazing sister to Bella. Also Bella had no problem convincing Charlie that marrying Edward was the right decision. I wanted more drama there! Same with the Jacob conversation but it is just brushed aside and kept under the rug.

Then we come to Jacob being able to have his say. I mean I love Jacob I really do. Team Jacob fan as Edward is just weird.. But I really didn't want to spend the last book of the twilight saga in the mind of "what could have been" for Jacob and Bella had they got together and it been a werewolf love instead of a vampire one. I mean it was nice to see his compassionate with Nessie and what not.. but I couldn't help but laugh for ages after reading that he imprinted. It was so obvious and so stupid at the same time. I just couldn't stop laughing and even now as I'm writing it I can't help but laugh. But I hated how he lost his personality after that. He wasn't the Jacob I had come to love in the rest of the books. And while we're on his imprinting.. Renesmee. That just screams 10 year old fan fiction right there. Dreadful name..

I hated the lack of Alice throughout the book her being my favourite character so it was always going to fail in that sense even if she was off gathering witnesses and what not. And its all when she comes back Oh happy ending time and that's that. I mean what? Again lack of action. The Cullens were pretty much gone actually after page 200. They may as well not have exsisted. It was all about Edward and Bella and the stupid named baby. Same with Jacob and his packs. What ever happened to Embry and Quil and knowing what happened to them?

Then to top it off at the end you expect some good action you expect the volturi to come and go absolutely mad! But alas.. No! It turns out that Bella has a shield she controls with her mind. (Oh goodie) All she has to do is put the sheild around everybody and they're protected from the Volturi. The Volturi stand around and talk for a while and then off they go again. I mean really?

If anything this book was a let down and if anything her writing style hasn't improved since the first book. If anything it has got worse.
    “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Foregetfuhl View Post
    Then to top it off at the end you expect some good action you expect the volturi to come and go absolutely mad! But alas.. No! It turns out that Bella has a shield she controls with her mind. (Oh goodie) All she has to do is put the sheild around everybody and they're protected from the Volturi. The Volturi stand around and talk for a while and then off they go again. I mean really?
    To be fair, it looks like there's a fight at the end in the film. Unless they're just being very misleading or something?
    This makes me more angry tbh, they should keep the film kind of along the same lines of the books otherwise they may as well just design a whole new fine! Maybe the end is a bit boring to put in a film, but that's not the point??

Tokens
    Habbo
    Foregetfuhl

Latest Awards:

To be fair, it looks like there's a fight at the end in the film. Unless they're just being very misleading or something?
    This makes me more angry tbh, they should keep the film kind of along the same lines of the books otherwise they may as well just design a whole new fine! Maybe the end is a bit boring to put in a film, but that's not the point??
    I think if they matched the book properly with that it would be dreadful. Hardly any Cullens and no fighting at the end? Not for me that isn't. I love the movies I really do because they give it so much more action that just isn't shown in the book and then to top it off they have an awesome soundtrack. I'm hoping for action at the end I really am for the movie.
    “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

The fact is if the Volturi were to fight against the Cullen, the Cullen wouldn't have had any chance to win. That's why they called for all the other clans, just so the Volturi wouldn't attack as quick. To be honest, I don't remember the end of the book anymore, but it seems fair that the Volturi didn't attack because in this case they would be the ones not having a chance.

I do agree with the fact that the end is boring. Bella stays with Edward happy ever after, and Edward accepts Jacob love for Renesmess, woo another couple living happy ever after. -.- Really? No one died? That's what made the other books better. It was a love story but at least lots of people died.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLuck. View Post
    The fact is if the Volturi were to fight against the Cullen, the Cullen wouldn't have had any chance to win. That's why they called for all the other clans, just so the Volturi wouldn't attack as quick. To be honest, I don't remember the end of the book anymore, but it seems fair that the Volturi didn't attack because in this case they would be the ones not having a chance.

I do agree with the fact that the end is boring. Bella stays with Edward happy ever after, and Edward accepts Jacob love for Renesmess, woo another couple living happy ever after. -.- Really? No one died? That's what made the other books better. It was a love story but at least lots of people died.
    what's her face died. the one who was kate's sister and she saw Renesmee and went running off to tell the Volturi because she thought she was a vampire baby. I barely remember anymore either actually haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

what's her face died. the one who was kate's sister and she saw Renesmee and went running off to tell the Volturi because she thought she was a vampire baby. I barely remember anymore either actually haha
    Yeah, Caius kills Irina, but she was stupid anyway and her death didn't have any major consequences in the story, mean while in the other books, each death will have a major impact in the plot. For example the fact that Harry Clearwater died and Charlie goes live with his widow.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

Two days ago I went to see the movie and I must say it was nothing how I was expecting.. In the books they get ready for a fight with the Volturi but it never happens as they bring all the other clans.

In the movie, the fight DOES happen and it's amazing! Even though Carlisle, Seth, Leah, Aro, etc die.

To everyone who enjoys Twilight, go watch this movie! I won't say more not to spoil it too much, but if you want to know what happens come to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123