HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Post Superdry Interview Guide.

I recently had an interview for a sales assistant position at my local Superdry retail store, upon checking numerous websites online trying to find information on some tips for a Superdry interview there were none, therefore I am taking it upon myself to create a small guide for anyone else applying for the Christmas temporary position at Superdry.

Dress Code

I actually went with a smart uniform on, black leather pointy shoes; dark grey pin-stripe trousers; tight fitted shirt and a nice bag to hold all of my information I was required to bring with me. In my opinion no matter what the interview is for, a look of professionalism such as this is a NECESSITY. However, all 30 other people at the interview, which I will state now WAS a group interview, were wearing casual clothes, much of which was in fact Superdry products. Most wore nice jeans, nice shoes and some kind of Superdry top. It is entirely up to you which you would rather choose, but as I said before I was the only one wearing a smart outfit which I think will help you stand out.

Information to bring with you

I'm sure they will probably tell you this when they phone you up about the interview, however I was not aware of all the options until after I had already attended the interview. Option 1, is that you bring with you a Passport which they photocopy. Option 2, you bring your birth certificate along with proof of your National Insurance number. There was also a third option which I think was about work permits but I have forgot the exact options for this.

Questions they ask

When we first got together in a big circle, they had a 'quick-fire' round of questions. The three questions were as follows; What year was Superdry founded? What is Superdry's best-selling product? Who is the founder of Superdry? I am sure however these questions might change slightly depending on the store, therefore I recommend you research the store and it's history in great depth, using both the Superdry website and it's parent company SuperGroup.

Individual Interviews

Individual interviews take place after the quick-fire round, at least at my interview, what happened was the Manager and the Assistant Manager went into two separate rooms and you had 3 questions of one of them, then 3 questions of the other, then you could go back outside. The 6 questions I got were, What could you bring to the team? Why do you want to work here? What past experience do you have? Who are Superdry's main competitors? What do you think of the shop when you are in it? What in your opinion is good customer service? - So again, a little bit of research might be needed but it is mainly personal opinion at this stage.

Selling a product

The next part of the interview was when everyone in the group had to take an item of clothing from the shop and present it to the group in a way that would make someone want to buy the product, helpful tips on this is choose something with a neutral colour such as grey and black - State that it is warm, comfortable, high-quality, comes in a variety of designs and colours, ect. Sell the product as if your life depended on making it sound like it was created by god himself. Do not talk too LITTLE, and don't talk too MUCH, you need to have a good concise and timed pitch otherwise they will mark you wrongly for going under or over a sort of 'unofficial' time limit.

Hope this helped anyone with interviews at Superdry in the coming week for Christmas temporary positions, good luck!

Tokens

Question SuperDry Interview

Quote Originally Posted by blackops121 View Post
    I recently had an interview for a sales assistant position at my local Superdry retail store, upon checking numerous websites online trying to find information on some tips for a Superdry interview there were none, therefore I am taking it upon myself to create a small guide for anyone else applying for the Christmas temporary position at Superdry.

Dress Code

I actually went with a smart uniform on, black leather pointy shoes; dark grey pin-stripe trousers; tight fitted shirt and a nice bag to hold all of my information I was required to bring with me. In my opinion no matter what the interview is for, a look of professionalism such as this is a NECESSITY. However, all 30 other people at the interview, which I will state now WAS a group interview, were wearing casual clothes, much of which was in fact Superdry products. Most wore nice jeans, nice shoes and some kind of Superdry top. It is entirely up to you which you would rather choose, but as I said before I was the only one wearing a smart outfit which I think will help you stand out.

I'm sure they will probably tell you this when they phone you up about the interview, however I was not aware of all the options until after I had already attended the interview. Option 1, is that you bring with you a Passport which they photocopy. Option 2, you bring your birth certificate along with proof of your National Insurance number. There was also a third option which I think was about work permits but I have forgot the exact options for this.

Questions they ask

When we first got together in a big circle, they had a 'quick-fire' round of questions. The three questions were as follows; What year was Superdry founded? What is Superdry's best-selling product? Who is the founder of Superdry? I am sure however these questions might change slightly depending on the store, therefore I recommend you research the store and it's history in great depth, using both the Superdry website and it's parent company SuperGroup.

Individual Interviews

Individual interviews take place after the quick-fire round, at least at my interview, what happened was the Manager and the Assistant Manager went into two separate rooms and you had 3 questions of one of them, then 3 questions of the other, then you could go back outside. The 6 questions I got were, What could you bring to the team? Why do you want to work here? What past experience do you have? Who are Superdry's main competitors? What do you think of the shop when you are in it? What in your opinion is good customer service? - So again, a little bit of research might be needed but it is mainly personal opinion at this stage.

Selling a product

The next part of the interview was when everyone in the group had to take an item of clothing from the shop and present it to the group in a way that would make someone want to buy the product, helpful tips on this is choose something with a neutral colour such as grey and black - State that it is warm, comfortable, high-quality, comes in a variety of designs and colours, ect. Sell the product as if your life depended on making it sound like it was created by god himself. Do not talk too LITTLE, and don't talk too MUCH, you need to have a good concise and timed pitch otherwise they will mark you wrongly for going under or over a sort of 'unofficial' time limit.

Hope this helped anyone with interviews at Superdry in the coming week for Christmas temporary positions, good luck!
    Thank you sooo much for this post! I have a group interview for SuperDry as an Xmas Temp next week and am so nervous! I've been searching for any forums for a while and this is by far the best one that has actually been good help, so thanks! If its okay, could you help me out a bit-

From your post I mostly know how the interview is going to go down, but for the quickfire round, was it only those three questions they asked all 30 people? Also, was there no group/team building exercise, to see how you worked in a group as some people have said that too, and did you have to fight to have your points spoken as there were so many other people fighting for the same place?

For the personal interview, vaguely, do you think they were looking for anything specific when saying what you'd bring to the team/why you want to work there/whats good customer service?

Also I've seen a few posts saying that you have to be really pretty/good looking to get the job :/ also, some interviews may be different so just as some help, I've also seen people say that they've been told to go out on the shop floor and gather an outfit worth about £100

Hope you do get the job!! Thanks so much for this post!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123098 View Post
    Thank you sooo much for this post! I have a group interview for SuperDry as an Xmas Temp next week and am so nervous! I've been searching for any forums for a while and this is by far the best one that has actually been good help, so thanks! If its okay, could you help me out a bit-

From your post I mostly know how the interview is going to go down, but for the quickfire round, was it only those three questions they asked all 30 people? Also, was there no group/team building exercise, to see how you worked in a group as some people have said that too, and did you have to fight to have your points spoken as there were so many other people fighting for the same place?

For the personal interview, vaguely, do you think they were looking for anything specific when saying what you'd bring to the team/why you want to work there/whats good customer service?

Also I've seen a few posts saying that you have to be really pretty/good looking to get the job :/ also, some interviews may be different so just as some help, I've also seen people say that they've been told to go out on the shop floor and gather an outfit worth about £100

Hope you do get the job!! Thanks so much for this post!
    No problem at all hahaha!

Yep, for the quick-fire round we were in a large group and she literally just went 'Who can tell me...' then asked the question and basically whoever answered first got a good mark against their name! We didn't do any team building nope, we only had to sell a product to the group.

Erm they did have specific things they looked for but obviously they didn't tell me what those things were, so I just rattled off as much things as I could think of, such as ensuring the customer left happy ect.

Yeh i'm sure interviews will be slightly different everywhere, and I'm sure it is illegal for them to hire based on looks however they still do it anyways, I think personally my interview went extremely well and I was one of, if not THE strongest candidate there, however I don't think I'm getting it because there was prettier people there.

You too

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i don't mean to sound rude, it is a good guide - but effectively this is the interview for everywhere on the high street.
    the only time it varies is when you go for... more senior jobs? less main stream jobs?

nice thought though.
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    hamheyelliot

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
    i don't mean to sound rude, it is a good guide - but effectively this is the interview for everywhere on the high street.
    the only time it varies is when you go for... more senior jobs? less main stream jobs?

nice thought though.
    I'm currently sat on an office on the 17th Floor, working for Sainsbury's recruitment (if someone sees my typing this I'm probably sacked) - and I can say that every shop likes to shake things up a little bit. I'm not going to use Sainsbury's as an example as ours is wildly different, but sometimes the difference between getting the position or not is the tiny details each store looks for individually.

There really isn't a one size fits all interview for every high street store and I know this guide wouldn't apply anywhere near as nicely to any other high street fashion retailer!

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by blackops121 View Post

Dress Code

Questions they ask

Individual Interviews

Selling a product

Hi i got an interivew on monday...

i said what do i wear they said you can wear what you want....

im going to wear black jeans, denim jacket (ligh blue) and probs some vans at the bottom..

i just wanted to ask when you had to sell an item what is a full outfit or was it one piece of item?
    thats the only part im kinda scared off? ive never done that... i was thinking if its just an outfit i would just get black jeans and say it can go with everything etc etc

plus ive got a little beard going on i was w0ondering would i have to shave it...its not long at all just short and trimmed?

knda scared for this interview!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hamheyelliot View Post
    I'm currently sat on an office on the 17th Floor, working for Sainsbury's recruitment (if someone sees my typing this I'm probably sacked) - and I can say that every shop likes to shake things up a little bit. I'm not going to use Sainsbury's as an example as ours is wildly different, but sometimes the difference between getting the position or not is the tiny details each store looks for individually.

There really isn't a one size fits all interview for every high street store and I know this guide wouldn't apply anywhere near as nicely to any other high street fashion retailer!
    it might be dressed up differently but it is all similar.

explain why you'd be good for this team.
    what will you bring to the role.
    what's your best attribute.
    how would your friends best describe you.

same old same old .
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?