HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

The ball is in sulake's court, Habbox is not in a position to take control and do what it wants.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    But there isn't a huge lot we can give usergroups to be fair
    message tracking (A)?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    message tracking (A)?
    I wouldn't call that anything special haha.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

should give it to everyone then mods arent special

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's sort of common sense that Habbox and Habbo are not the same thing. This new disclaimer is, if anything, a standard usage of trademarks agreement which technically does not need to be mentioned as they're both different entities and it's blatantly obvious even for an idiot that Habbox isn't calling itself Habbo and it all falls under fair use in the US and most civilised societies. Habbo are probably thinking themselves higher than they actually are, but then again Habbo is a company running 100mph on a very short pier and are finding themselves 1 foot away from the end and are only now beginning to think about slowing down when it's all too late.

Unfortunately, Habbo are so anti-social that it's best to play their game as they have the power to attack the very people who promote the ridiculous company and all that stand for it, even though the motives of the fansites using the names and material are fair.

It's quite common these days as a special feature Heck, it's becoming a standard feature for everyone these days with Facebook implementing it in chat (and possibly messages).
    Last edited by GommeInc; 18-11-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I understand now. They give us rules for something they don't APPROVE of and we say alright. I understand were you're coming from but why the hell are they handing out rules if they don't approve of the fansite? If it doesn't make sense don't just nod ask in a response.
    No matter what, at the end of the day Sulake is the big company with lawyers and if Habbox doesn't jump when they say to jump they can threaten Habbox by demanding that Habbox remove all copyrighted Sulake material (which would completely devastate the fansite). It's unfortunate but there's not much Habbox can do. Sulake have liked to keep Habbox on a short leash for quite some time now.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It's sort of common sense that Habbox and Habbo are not the same thing. This new disclaimer is, if anything, a standard usage of trademarks agreement which technically does not need to be mentioned as they're both different entities and it's blatantly obvious even for an idiot that Habbox isn't calling itself Habbo and it all falls under fair use in the US and most civilised societies. Habbo are probably thinking themselves higher than they actually are, but then again Habbo is a company running 100mph on a very short pier and are finding themselves 1 foot away from the end and are only now beginning to think about slowing down when it's all too late.

Unfortunately, Habbo are so anti-social that it's best to play their game as they have the power to attack the very people who promote the ridiculous company and all that stand for it, even though the motives of the fansites using the names and material are fair.

It's quite common these days as a special feature Heck, it's becoming a standard feature for everyone these days with Facebook implementing it in chat (and possibly messages).
    If it was the same and used similar than sure but the pop up boxes on vbulletin for it annoy me.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If it was the same and used similar than sure but the pop up boxes on vbulletin for it annoy me.
    Not that I want to bring up this argument, but vbulletin do not seem to know how to do things properly The IPB version of that system is perfect. Is there no way to alter the system so that there is no pop-up and a simple icon saying "read/unread" next to "sent messages" appears, or is that too much hassle for something that isn't really a necessity?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Not that I want to bring up this argument, but vbulletin do not seem to know how to do things properly The IPB version of that system is perfect. Is there no way to alter the system so that there is no pop-up and a simple icon saying "read/unread" next to "sent messages" appears, or is that too much hassle for something that isn't really a necessity?
    At the moment it's one of those things that you have to tick if you want to have "Tracking" then the user who opens the Pm gets a nice pop up saying Ok or cancel. I think it would probably be too much hassle at this time.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

IPB for Habbox Forum 2012

I can confirm that Recursion supports my nomination of IPB as the official habbox forum forum software because it's not completely broken / terribly coded.
    Chippiewill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast