HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    We could even do images instead of text.
    waiting for that to happen in competitions

Tokens

Default Online/Computer Games

Well I guess online games are in your browser and computer is downloaded?
    (sunglasses)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Yeah I don't think subforums are needed for platforms. If people want an answer specific to a particular console, then surely they'd mention that console . Optional prefixes as images (which as @Hulk; just reminded me, still haven't been added to the competitions forum?) would be a nice addition though, particularly as they take up less space than the actual names written out.

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Yeah, it's like a lucky dip where you post and just hope you've got the correct forum depending on the moderator's opinion. Perhaps as you said, making it "Gaming Discussion" and having it like the following:

• Gaming Discussion
      • Console Gaming
        • Console sub-forums? Most people state their console so may not be needed

• PC Gaming
        • Minecraft
        • World of warcraft
        • etc.

And by doing this, there will be one less forum on the index.
    Could have something like that but instead;

- Games (category)

-- Games Discussion
    --- Computer Games (child forum of games disc)
    ---- Online games (child forum of comp games, non forced prefix such as WoW, Minecraft, RuneScape)
    --- Console Game (child forum of games disc, non forced prefix such as Xbox, Wii, DS, PlayStation/PS)

-- Forum Games

would do fine?
    Last edited by scottish; 06-01-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: mistakeeeee

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

There's an obvious difference between online games and computer gaming, PCs are a strange link between the two - they enable online gaming but can also play more console-developed games. I like Scott's layout because it makes it a bit more simple, and gets rid of the redundant sub-forums that take an age to navigate.

Would there be a way to sort the threads by prefix (so if you're looking for just WoW threads you can just search for them, stops repeat questions but that's just a bit of OCD on my part...)

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    There's an obvious difference between online games and computer gaming, PCs are a strange link between the two - they enable online gaming but can also play more console-developed games. I like Scott's layout because it makes it a bit more simple, and gets rid of the redundant sub-forums that take an age to navigate.

Would there be a way to sort the threads by prefix (so if you're looking for just WoW threads you can just search for them, stops repeat questions but that's just a bit of OCD on my part...)
    When you go into a forum you can make it so only threads with that specific prefix show, for example:

Advanced search also works in a similar way.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-01-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Could have something like that but instead;

- Games (category)

-- Games Discussion
    --- Computer Games (child forum of games disc)
    ---- Online games (child forum of comp games, non forced prefix such as WoW, Minecraft, RuneScape)
    --- Console Game (child forum of games disc, non forced prefix such as Xbox, Wii, DS, PlayStation/PS)

-- Forum Games
    would do fine?
    Yeah that would be better than the one I suggested actually.

When you go into a forum you can make it so only threads with that specific prefix show, for example:

Advanced search also works in a similar way.
    For prefixes, maybe you could look into having a little dropdown box or something near the top where they can select a prefix? I presume a lot of new members that don't know much about forums may not know to go to the bottom so it could be useful for them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Yeah that would be better than the one I suggested actually.

For prefixes, maybe you could look into having a little dropdown box or something near the top where they can select a prefix? I presume a lot of new members that don't know much about forums may not know to go to the bottom so it could be useful for them.
    I'll see what we can do about that, I know it was possible in vb 3 via plugins/mods/edits. I've also just added something so that you can now click on the prefixs in the forums. Example: If I clicked on "[TV]" that will then load all of the "[TV]" prefix threads. You then click it again to show all of the threads - Instead of having to use the menu at the bottom.

Hopefully this animated gif explains it better:

Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-01-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Would it not make more sense to have subforums for genre rather than platform?
    I suggested this when either the CoD or Minecraft subforum was added, don't think I ever got any response to it :L

Personally, in response to Scott's suggestion, I don't see the point in distinguishing computer and console games and "online games" seems vague. I assume you wouldn't want something like Call of Duty in there but Minecraft is... If anything, it should be MMOs.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I'll see what we can do about that, I know it was possible in vb 3 via plugins/mods/edits. I've also just added something so that you can now click on the prefixs in the forums. Example: If I clicked on "[TV]" that will then load all of the "[TV]" prefix threads. You then click it again to show all of the threads - Instead of having to use the menu at the bottom.

Hopefully this animated gif explains it better:

I had no idea about the dropdown at the bottom, I like this clicking on the prefix thing though, nice add!

---------- Post added 06-01-2013 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I suggested this when either the CoD or Minecraft subforum was added, don't think I ever got any response to it :L

Personally, in response to Scott's suggestion, I don't see the point in distinguishing computer and console games and "online games" seems vague. I assume you wouldn't want something like Call of Duty in there but Minecraft is... If anything, it should be MMOs.
    But what about games that aren't MMO but still online? If I wanted to discuss a game on armorgames or something...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast