HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Default Online/Computer Games

Can somebody explain the difference between the Computer and Online games sections? I know it's console gaming, but what is the difference between computer gaming and online gaming?

Minecraft is in the computer games section yet I would class that as an online game too due to multiplayer servers?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Oh my god so happy you've brought this up, it really should be all in one forum like "Gaming Discussion" and sub-forums according to that. I've made threads where I've been like what section does this go in? And they end up getting moved despite being to do with gaming... Makes so much sense to sort this out!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RyRy View Post
    Oh my god so happy you've brought this up, it really should be all in one forum like "Gaming Discussion" and sub-forums according to that. I've made threads where I've been like what section does this go in? And they end up getting moved despite being to do with gaming... Makes so much sense to sort this out!
    Yeah, it's like a lucky dip where you post and just hope you've got the correct forum depending on the moderator's opinion. Perhaps as you said, making it "Gaming Discussion" and having it like the following:

• Gaming Discussion
      • Console Gaming
        • Console sub-forums? Most people state their console so may not be needed

• PC Gaming
        • Minecraft
        • World of warcraft
        • etc.

And by doing this, there will be one less forum on the index.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andii

Latest Awards:

Lol omg Calvin I've actually wondered this but I didn't wanna say anything because last time I put a post like the same thing they all hated on it Lool

+rep for this

Tokens
    Habbo
    CrazyLemurs

Latest Awards:

Wonderful idea, as sometimes the boundaries are just non-existent; one section provides the same discussion as another.
    Precision is key, so changing this would probably make things easier to organise.
    The 'Runescape' sub-forum seems really unnecessary and could probably be moved into Online Games or something

people know me because of that shower thing one time and I do not regret anything

upon further review I feel a rather mild regret is warranted

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Console/Computer games = as it says limited to computer games such as single player games you'd purchase on steam, or multiplayer you'd paly with a friend etc

Online = MMO games typically, runescape, LOTR, WoW etc come to mind

Runescape has been brought up several times to be merged but everyone agrees if it was merged its popularity would die down so it was always left as a forum rather than subforum.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Runescape should stay as it is, wow could be merged into online and just add 'wow' tags to the forum or something since hardly anyone uses it...
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally, Runescape should be merged. It's not active at all anymore.

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

merge compute games / online games and make runescape a sub forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Yeah, it's like a lucky dip where you post and just hope you've got the correct forum depending on the moderator's opinion. Perhaps as you said, making it "Gaming Discussion" and having it like the following:

• Gaming Discussion
      • Console Gaming
        • Console sub-forums? Most people state their console so may not be needed

• PC Gaming
        • Minecraft
        • World of warcraft
        • etc.

And by doing this, there will be one less forum on the index.
    Yeah that sounds good, I think Gaming Discussion should be the main forum (like Technology have it) and then PC Gaming & Console Gaming as sub-forums. Runescape should stay as it is as it isn't doing any harm there tbh.

Might even be a good idea to get rid of sub-forums in that altogether and use the tag feature for each thread like [PC] or [CONSOLE] option... I dunno.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast