HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Basically all websites should have a notice above or somewhere noticeable talking about cookies. Don't ask why we have to, somewhere along the line EU citizens became stupid.
    Remind me never to host a website in the EU. I don't even......
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    Remind me never to host a website in the EU. I don't even......
    Don't even try to think why we have this, no-one really knows Germany seems to hate Facebook and that's the only explanation for it. UK and Irish citizens are getting the short end of the stick, seeing as many international websites that primarily use English have had to adapt to the law (why no-one knows, it should be out of their jurisdiction). I think Google had to have a notice up too, and Microsoft but it's one of those notices you delete without really thinking - which shows how unimportant such a law is

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Don't even try to think why we have this, no-one really knows Germany seems to hate Facebook and that's the only explanation for it. UK and Irish citizens are getting the short end of the stick, seeing as many international websites that primarily use English have had to adapt to the law (why no-one knows, it should be out of their jurisdiction). I think Google had to have a notice up too, and Microsoft but it's one of those notices you delete without really thinking - which shows how unimportant such a law is
    Well I noticed the cookie message on Habbox.com but I thought that Matt Garner had too much eggnog. I had no idea it's actually a rule websites have to follow. I don't understand because if users don't want cookies they can just disable them in their browser settings.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

The cookie law/rule is stupid and should have never been thought of the in the first place.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    Well I noticed the cookie message on Habbox.com but I thought that Matt Garner had too much eggnog. I had no idea it's actually a rule websites have to follow. I don't understand because if users don't want cookies they can just disable them in their browser settings.
    For once Matt isn't to blame It's just the EU trying to look busy as always. They forget their citizens aren't actually that stupid, but they may as well treat us like we are

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Technically we're still breaking the law because we still use cookies before that popup even shows up BUT HEY HO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

POP THEM DOWN

moderator alert Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly
    Last edited by Jordan; 03-01-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    ex-event organizer
    ex-habbox live dj lauren / dj squark (don't ask)
    ex-help desk staff

we rushed it, moving way too fast that we crushed it, but that's in the past ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12