HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Habbox Hub

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox Hub

THIS IS NOT ANOTHER "REPLACE HXHD" SUGGESTION, READ ON AND UNDERSTAND.
    Right ok. Just an idea really, and i'll try make it really easy to understand.

I think instead of having HxHD as the main Habbox Centre on the Habbo client, we should have an all together larger scale room with far more going on. Now, my proposal is that HxHD is included in this room as part of the "Hub" as it could be known as. I think Habbox should concentrate on creating one of those rooms that is popular 24/7 on the client, I don't think this can be done with a help desk, there simply aren't that many people who need help and those who use it as a lounge are existing members of Habbox.

The room would be large and exciting, with lots happening and many things to enjoy. For example, obviously in a corner would be the helpdesk. Elsewhere could be a swimming area, a bar, a start to a maze, seating (obviously), a park, quest furni (If they still do that). Just generally make a room where people will be happy to spend lots of time in and it attracts users for a number of different reasons.

As well as creating just a really popular room you could have teleports to the Event Organisers rooms and link them together, making the Habbox Community. You could also have bots names "Events" and "Competitions" who can advertise what's happening throughout the day, or what competitions are on.

For those too lazy to read all of that, here it is nice and simple.
    -Redevelop HxHD into a larger scale "Habbox Hub"
    -Habbox Hub would attract users from all areas of the game and make a popular room for everyone
    -Habbox Hub through its popularity can advertise the fansite.

Basically yeah. Obviously the idea to replace HxHD with a "Habbox Lounge" has been discussed to death, but I believe that this is a method that could work for both sides, old and new.

I also think that if Habbo aren't going to help fan sites like they used to then we need to change something serious such as this. We often complain that "it isn't like how it used to be" but we never really do anything about that.

This is not all thought through, there may be faults and disagreements but I feel it needs to be looked at!

DISCUSS.
    Former Competitions Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In all fairness many times I've been in the Help Desk and I've seen normal members asking the person who needs help what they want as they'res no one helping. Of course this changes sometimes but really I usually say no to stuff like this but maybe it's needed, after all the Help Desk provides a lot of people with lottery tickets, sometimes content departments can't really advertise as much but you could do if it focused on more than one thing as at the moment it's just a process of, post in a thread with a design, get chosen, change design, etc. then do something like a grotto or haunted house for seasonal events when it could be something occurring all year. I think what would help would be automatic games perhaps? So it could still be popular even when others aren't in.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    In all fairness many times I've been in the Help Desk and I've seen normal members asking the person who needs help what they want as they'res no one helping. Of course this changes sometimes but really I usually say no to stuff like this but maybe it's needed, after all the Help Desk provides a lot of people with lottery tickets, sometimes content departments can't really advertise as much but you could do if it focused on more than one thing as at the moment it's just a process of, post in a thread with a design, get chosen, change design, etc. then do something like a grotto or haunted house for seasonal events when it could be something occurring all year. I think what would help would be automatic games perhaps? So it could still be popular even when others aren't in.
    I was never wanting to remove hxhd, just redevelop it. Make it a part of the Hub. Obviously this would need to be clearly shown in the room name or description otherwise people who are looking for a help desk will never find it.

"Habbox Hub - Lounge, Help Desk and Community" or something.

You get the jist.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

The thing is in my opinion, are the sort of people who would go to beaches and bars etc the sort of people who would actually use a fansite? like arent most of them noobs and zeds lmao.

also a maze might be ok but then people won't really be staying in the entrance at all they'd just sorta go in to come out again.

I dno though if interesting things could be created for it it might be interesting but the things that would be inside it would definitely have to appeal to them and not just attract a bunch of noobs with no interest in actually using the fansite.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    I was never wanting to remove hxhd, just redevelop it. Make it a part of the Hub. Obviously this would need to be clearly shown in the room name or description otherwise people who are looking for a help desk will never find it.

"Habbox Hub - Lounge, Help Desk and Community" or something.

You get the jist.
    Not saying get rid of it, I'm just following on your point that not many use it for what's it intention is anymore. I think it does need to redevelop a bit.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have been thinking of something similar but feel that the room needs to have a primary purpose that will bring the people in rather than the multiple suggested. I think if you were to do it multiple that it wouldn't really work. A room called 'Habbox Hub' doesn't really advertise anything to those people wanting a maze, help desk, bar etc!

I like the idea of using bots to advertise things, I've seen this used quite well in Dragga's event.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's an interesting idea and it could work. It just depends if Habbox Management want to spend the time, effort and credits on it. Although if there was a lobby then it could ink to other rooms already made like the Maze by Zak or Red's room with the stuff or hatever lol.
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    The thing is in my opinion, are the sort of people who would go to beaches and bars etc the sort of people who would actually use a fansite? like arent most of them noobs and zeds lmao.

also a maze might be ok but then people won't really be staying in the entrance at all they'd just sorta go in to come out again.

I dno though if interesting things could be created for it it might be interesting but the things that would be inside it would definitely have to appeal to them and not just attract a bunch of noobs with no interest in actually using the fansite.
    But those are the people who Habbox needs to be attracting, it may sound silly but if we don't get them in then that's the large majority of the Habbo community we're just ignoring. They'll learn at Habbox as well. You had to admit it, I learnt to type a hell of a lot better due to Habbo!

Regarding the maze, that was something I thought of whilst writing the thread itself. But as long as people are coming in, that's better than nothing. IT gets the popularity up. Plus they may come in and stick around. Half the time maze start rooms are just people sat on the pillows between rollers just chatting!

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ,AAiden View Post
    It's an interesting idea and it could work. It just depends if Habbox Management want to spend the time, effort and credits on it. Although if there was a lobby then it could ink to other rooms already made like the Maze by Zak or Red's room with the stuff or hatever lol.
    Exactly, it should link everything. Like the centre of Habbox. I think it's worth the time and effort to be honest, if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I have been thinking of something similar but feel that the room needs to have a primary purpose that will bring the people in rather than the multiple suggested. I think if you were to do it multiple that it wouldn't really work. A room called 'Habbox Hub' doesn't really advertise anything to those people wanting a maze, help desk, bar etc!

I like the idea of using bots to advertise things, I've seen this used quite well in Dragga's event.
    I know the multi purpose thing is difficult to get right, which is why I think it's important that you make sure that everything is clearly explained in the room name or desc.
    Last edited by Yupt; 01-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    But those are the people who Habbox needs to be attracting, it may sound silly but if we don't get them in then that's the large majority of the Habbo community we're just ignoring. They'll learn at Habbox as well. You had to admit it, I learnt to type a hell of a lot better due to Habbo!
    But they aren't going to be bothered by habbox, they gonna come in and go to the bar and beach without any care tbh. Half of those people will be too young to understand anyway and will just want to play to role play and to be honest we should be at least trying to attract people who would actually have some interest. Tbh even if u stuck a group gate to stop them getting into those areas I dont think it would even make any difference.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    But they aren't going to be bothered by habbox, they gonna come in and go to the bar and beach without any care tbh. Half of those people will be too young to understand anyway and will just want to play to role play and to be honest we should be at least trying to attract people who would actually have some interest. Tbh even if u stuck a group gate to stop them getting into those areas I dont think it would even make any difference.
    The 8 year old noobs with no interest in Habbox, I agree, would be very annoying. But they're getting the room popular, that's the key thing, putting the name forward so people who would be interested could see it.

Habbox is meant to be for everyone, we can't just pick and choose who we want to use the site.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast