HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hardly. There were only a few threads being posted in.

Regardless of what anybody says about this change its going to stay as it is now.
    If we want more posting we should get a Joke Thread it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    There were only a few threads in the subforum.

If that's the reason for removal, why isn't the Nintendo subforum removed? We've had 2 threads since September in there.
    We could well remove all the subforums in the games section as discussed in the other feedback thread.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We could well remove all the subforums in the games section as discussed in the other feedback thread.
    That would probably be best, I had a quick look in Sony, and they've had something like 5 threads this year.

So, Christmas Forum, Jordan was simply wrong was he?

And in regards to post count boosting, what are the rules to that? Because two people aren't allowed to consecutively post after each other, but obviously this is based on some sort of time scale, since it's not against the rules for someone to post many hours after the other person...

If you can't beat them, join them. Time to post random images for VIP.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

That would probably be best, I had a quick look in Sony, and they've had something like 5 threads this year.

And in regards to post count boosting, what are the rules to that? Because two people aren't allowed to consecutively post after each other, but obviously this is based on some sort of time scale, since it's not against the rules for someone to post many hours after the other person...

Yes he was wrong.

Theres no set time, it's just common sense. If you want to be awkward about it then thats fine, but you'll probably be contacted about it if you abuse the threads.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Could have GUESSED this was going to happen... it always was a pointless forum.

As for other subforums (Nintendo etc) I don't see the point in removing SOME but leaving some still - it should either be completely merged or all separate, to avoid a bit of confusion. I'll have a look at them, usually a forum I stay away from for the most part, there's got to be a happy medium somewhere between non-used subforums and one huge amalgamated forum where you can never find what you want.

The new award just encourages spamming, especially in the threads which used to be in assorted/misc... I know the idea is to encourage posting but this is kind of the opposite effect. Ok, you're getting more posts, but you're getting much less interesting and important content and it could actually be off-putting for new users who come to the forum and can only see irrelevant spam for the most part, from users who just want another award or some VIP.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Such a petty attitude. You seem to be the only person who cares enough to abuse post count.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Such a petty attitude. You seem to be the only person who cares enough to abuse post count.
    Where did I say I was going to abuse it? I'm simply going to use the threads for the purpose that they have, posting random images I just feel that spam has more content really...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

i think this is a great idea! never really understood us not getting post count in certain forums, at the end of the day it's only a post count. hopefully it will increase post count

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Where did I say I was going to abuse it? I'm simply going to use the threads for the purpose that they have, posting random images I just feel that spam has more content really...
    If you can't beat them, join them. Time to post random images for VIP
    I assume to attempt to prove some sort of point. Realistically, nobody cares about post count and it seems bizarre to actively discourage posting when post count has absolutely no value.

I didn't mean that you abuse your post count, I was insinuating that you seem to be the only person who cares enough to do so.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I assume to attempt to prove some sort of point. Realistically, nobody cares about post count and it seems bizarre to actively discourage posting when post count has absolutely no value.

I didn't mean that you abuse your post count, I was insinuating that you seem to be the only person who cares enough to do so.
    The thing is Habbox Management give post count a value by disallowing it in certain places and allowing it in others. If we just scrapped post count altogether or allowed it everywhere then there wouldn't be an issue. But now, they've gone back to saying that random images are worthy of post count whereas some spam threads, which actually have valuable discussion, aren't worthy.

And Rule A7 is now out of date:

A7. Do not post pointlessly ~ ~ Do not post off-topic ~ An off-topic post has no relevance to the topic or any previous post that is relevant, or does little to positively contribute to the discussion.
    ~ Do not spam/make pointless posts. It is not allowed to post random, meaningless, posts or threads on the forum. Examples of this are (ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!); (BYRDSB +HKK; ) (I am a plane)
    ~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast