HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    The thing is Habbox Management give post count a value by disallowing it in certain places and allowing it in others. If we just scrapped post count altogether or allowed it everywhere then there wouldn't be an issue. But now, they've gone back to saying that random images are worthy of post count whereas some spam threads, which actually have valuable discussion, aren't worthy.

And Rule A7 is now out of date:

A7. Do not post pointlessly ~ ~ Do not post off-topic ~ An off-topic post has no relevance to the topic or any previous post that is relevant, or does little to positively contribute to the discussion.
    ~ Do not spam/make pointless posts. It is not allowed to post random, meaningless, posts or threads on the forum. Examples of this are (ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!); (BYRDSB +HKK; ) (I am a plane)
    ~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion.
    These threads dont only allow for one or two word answers though, theres plenty of opportunity for more complex replies .

If the threads are overused the users will be dealt with but until that point if it gets more activity into the Entertainment and other forums I don't see a problem with the removal of the Misc forum.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by runeaddict99 View Post
    These threads dont only allow for one or two word answers though, theres plenty of opportunity for more complex replies .

If the threads are overused the users will be dealt with but until that point if it gets more activity into the Entertainment and other forums I don't see a problem with the removal of the Misc forum.
    Complex replies like what? Out of the times I've been to those threads, I've never seen any posts besides a song name or an image.

The "what's the last thing you ate or drank?" is just an archive of what teens eat on a daily basis really lol.. perhaps it'll come in handy for a scientist one day.
    Last edited by Calvin; 05-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by runeaddict99 View Post

Just because they allow oppourtunity for complex replies, doesn't mean they avoid the rules. 'What are you wearing' for example 'Jeans and T-Shirt' is deemed acceptable but is only a few words. The random image thread you need no words. This rule now needs to be removed because it contradicts the fact that these threads have been reinstated.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Theres a very few exceptions to the rules which forum management allow (such as the what.. threads that have to be allowed by management or they'll simply be removed)

again seems to be only you that cares enough about this, and digging up threads that haven't been posted in since early december to boost your post count by 1..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Theres a very few exceptions to the rules which forum management allow (such as the what.. threads that have to be allowed by management or they'll simply be removed)

again seems to be only you that cares enough about this, and digging up threads that haven't been posted in since early december to boost your post count by 1..
    Some have just been unlocked.. And December was only 5 days ago? Isn't it 2 weeks that counts as a bump, or is that an old rule? And if it's a bump, then go ahead and close it

And if I'm the only one that cares, why do you care that I posted in one of the threads?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Some have just been unlocked.. And December was only 5 days ago? Isn't it 2 weeks that counts as a bump, or is that an old rule? And if it's a bump, then go ahead and close it

And if I'm the only one that cares, why do you care that I posted in one of the threads?
    I'm not saying it's a bump, I'm saying that only you're that sad to look through a forum to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for weeks (hence digging up old threads) to increment your post count by 1.

and because you're attempting to be petty or whatever, like a kid throwing toys out of pram because you didn't get your own way (misc/assort forum kept)

but yeah if you constantly abuse post any images etc you'll just get warned for it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not saying it's a bump, I'm saying that only you're that sad to look through a forum to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for weeks (hence digging up old threads) to increment your post count by 1.

and because you're attempting to be petty or whatever, like a kid throwing toys out of pram because you didn't get your own way (misc/assort forum kept)

but yeah if you constantly abuse post any images etc you'll just get warned for it
    I'm aware that you'll get warned, that's fine, and I'm not being petty because I know that the forum won't come back, but as I said, if you can't beat them you might as well join them So I'm just posting in the thread like everyone else

And I didn't look through a forum, they were all stickied because they had been returned to their previous forums And the whole idea that the forum was removed was so people would post more in these threads, yet I'm being called sad for doing what management wants me to do?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

nothing to reply to that other than 'yes'

Also regarding the post any images thread I think a common sense kind of rule should be put in place so anyone who's just copying an image that's easily available from the page they're on (e.g. another members image, another members sig, a 'reply to thread' button, a rep block or whatever else) would be considered against the rules and said member warned/contacted.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nothing to reply to that other than 'yes'

Also regarding the post any images thread I think a common sense kind of rule should be put in place so anyone who's just copying an image that's easily available from the page they're on (e.g. another members image, another members sig, a 'reply to thread' button, a rep block or whatever else) would be considered against the rules and said member warned/contacted.
    I agree But then how do you police such a thing? They could just go to the page before? And it's called 'Post ANY image', and those are images

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Wouldn't be hard to police such a thing

When i asked the thread to be made i'm sure I commented on posting the same image multiple times (not sure if this is a note or rule or if it's even in the thread)

But as I said it wouldn't be hard to police, it seems only you're doing it so I think one other member pasted the image from their sig.

As you previously said can't beat them join in, then do the same as they do and find random images

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast