HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Default Trading and Furniture Guides sub-forum

Ok so I was wondering whether the stickied thread 'Trading and Furniture Guides' is the best place to put the guides in the Anything About Trading and Furni forum, which was originally created because there were too many stickied threads in that forum/potential stickied threads in that forum. However, I personally think it's much harder now to find the guides you want, and many people might not even realise that, for example, there's a WIRED Guide in there, or an Accidental Release guide in there because first you have to go to the guides thread to even know that it exists.

So would it not be easier to have a subforum, i.e.
    -- Anything About Trading and Furni
    -- -- Trading and Furniture Guides

Not only would it be easier to find the guide you want, and not have to look at all the guides at once (which having them all in the one thread is harder to scroll and has too much information at once), but people can also reply to them - which someone tried to do to the unstuck version of a guide recently, only to have the thread closed - which can be useful if people need more information or want to suggest updates to a guide, and maybe people will be more likely to make a guide as well .

As for the last part about people actually making guides, and as a separate idea, maybe there could be some kind of reward for having a guide moved to the guides forum (just like having your room moved to the elite rooms forum etc) or just something like this - although thinking about it again, I guess this forum isn't exactly in need of tutorials like the Design forum . Anyway, just wondering what people think about the sub-forum idea mainly.

edit
    and omg some of these images have been deleted: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...52#post6321752 - that's like the best guide ever , does anyone have those images saved?

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

I really like this idea actually. I know I actually wrote 2 of them in there, and one of them consists of about 7/8 large news articles stuck together, and stuff like this would be more useful stuck in another forum really. Sifting through all those posts to find what you need when a sub-forum would work much nicer just seems pointless tbh.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Not a bad idea. Lets see what others think before making any changes.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you're going to do that why not do guides for other forums too, or just a guide forum in general. Can't they be put on the main site though?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    If you're going to do that why not do guides for other forums too, or just a guide forum in general. Can't they be put on the main site though?
    Like what forums though? There already is for the Design and Development forum, and there's a lot of Trading and Furniture guides already in the thread which is why I've suggested a sub-forum.

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I wouldn't really like a guides forum. I don't see many guides being created anyway and aren't many posted on the main site.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    Like what forums though? There already is for the Design and Development forum, and there's a lot of Trading and Furniture guides already in the thread which is why I've suggested a sub-forum.
    Graphics, those guides in there I don't agree with @Nick; reposting them. He can just move them like the trading ones.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Graphics, those guides in there I don't agree with @Nick; reposting them. He can just move them like the trading ones.
    i decided to go on like the graphic guides thread I think it should be done because lots of people might miss what they are looking for, but then again, not many are being posted.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Oh just seen that now, but at least they're all on one page whereas in the Trading and Furniture guides thread it goes on to the next page . The Graphics one is a lot easier to navigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I wouldn't really like a guides forum. I don't see many guides being created anyway and aren't many posted on the main site.
    There's already nearly 15 stuck guides in the thread, and others are made but not added to it/not stuck. I personally don't think a low quantity of guides should be the reason for it not being created .

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I don't see whats wrong with keeping it as a thread

First post clearly contains links for each guide, creating a subforum for it just seems pointless

Fairly sure most people go to hx.com for the guides anyways not the forum.

And only having 51 views? not even a popular thread tbh..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast