HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

Default Book Club - The Hunger Games

Yet again the book voted for discussion this week is...

---

Remember to get involved with this discussion and our other weekly discussion here for your chance to win 1 months forum VIP!

---

Well done to @LiquidLuck.; who has been nominated to win 1 months forum VIP due to her contribution to this thread.
    Last edited by the.games; 09-02-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

Uh.. there are two books this week? @runeaddict99; I'm confused. S:

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLuck. View Post
    Uh.. there are two books this week? @runeaddict99; I'm confused. S:
    Yup that's right . Both books will be open for 2 weeks from the time posted, and then 2 more posted .

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by runeaddict99 View Post
    Yup that's right . Both books will be open for 2 weeks from the time posted, and then 2 more posted .
    Oh alright, so this is the first book/movie, right?

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

Oh alright, so this is the first book/movie, right?
    They are both open together.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

They are both open together.
    I meant the Hunger games book. Is it the first one only? And we already had one about it.. S:

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

I meant the Hunger games book. Is it the first one only? And we already had one about it.. S:
    Oh yeah it is and as it has been chosen by voters again (along with the other), it shall be our book again .

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

Oh yeah it is and as it has been chosen by voters again (along with the other), it shall be our book again .
    Well here I go then.

When the first thread of book club about the Hunger Games came out, I had obviously heard about it, but never read the books or watched it, and I didn't really have much interest in doing so, because it just seemed too out of the box.

Two months ago (I think) I had a sleepover for 3 days at a friend's, me and 4 friends, it was party all night and marathon of movies during the afternoon after we woke up (lol). One of them was the Hunger Games. I remember that I shrugged when my friend asked me if I wanted to watch it, and my other friend said she also didn't want to. But we finally gave up to my other friend's enthusiasm and decided to give it a go.

Even though the owner of the house totally ruined the movie because even though she hadn't watched it yet, she knew exactly what was going to happen, I actually liked it.

But then, the fact that my friend found out exactly what was going to happen like 3 times during the movie, one of them at the end, made me think about it. The story is really good and I understand it took a lot of imagination to come up with all of that (for example, I love how they are in the last district and how that's the one that is more poor and far away from the city), but it's also full of clichés.

Also now I'm going to rant about the movie because WHAT ON EARTH WERE THEY THINKING OF GETTING A CUTE BLONDE GUY BRUNETTE AND A CUTE BRUNETTE GUY BLONDE?? Someone explain that to me! :/ I just disagree with it. :/ When I first saw them I literally went: ''What the ****?!'' and I'm Portuguese and all my friends are too.. So just imagine how I fell. :/

But general impression for anyone who hasn't watched the movie: Give it a go. You'll either like it or hate it, and if the last option is what happens, then it's just 2 hours of your life wasted, not that much compared to what it could be wasted on.